Sponsored by:

Ultimate Cup Holders

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 06:53 PM
SinkRate
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by boxdriver
$130 is hard to justify for a cup holder! It will only work with tapered cups, not water bottles or pop bottles. It's also very conspicuous.
Ehh, we live in a world where we're willing to pay $200 to change a little center console cubby out for an ashtray, so something that's well made and really practical doesn't bother me at $130. You're definitely spot on in terms of what can and can't go in it, but I will say that it doesn't necessarily have to be tapered. I'm a shameless Contigo addict, and despite not being tapered, they all fit perfectly. The cupholder has this mystery foam stuff around the inner ring that allows for different diameter cups to drop in and stay firmly seated. As far as bottles go, them not fitting doesn't bother me at all. Anything with a threaded cap on it doesn't need to be in a cup holder. I almost always have a bottle of water in the car with me, and I usually just place it to my left between the seat and the door sill. Sits perfectly down there and can't roll around.

As for being conspicuous, the actual cup holder comes off its bracket with two little thumb screws in about 10 seconds, and all you're left with is this very, very small little mounting plate. It's black, and isn't unsightly to me. Also, like the Ultimate, the T-Design requires no permanent modifications whatsoever.

The following users liked this post:
t-design (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 02:49 AM
Chonkee
7th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

30 min project since everyone hates the built in cupholders:
- clip on cupholder from Autozone = $4/pair
- flat bar from Home Depot = $16
- use a grinder to cut a 7" aluminum flat bar - spray paint it black or wrap in black vinyl (I spray painted mine and covered with a leftover PPF so it wont scratch). I also used felt paper backed adhesive so my coffee cup lid wont scratch the plastic.
- use a double sided tape to attach the flat bar to the cupholder
- slip it in the gap
- I have it on for a year now for both driver and passenger side and it held my containers in place even in sprited drives.

Last edited by Chonkee; 01-27-2024 at 02:50 AM.
Old 01-27-2024, 02:38 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 282 Likes on 180 Posts

As noted, it's a device built for single purpose - to hold a tumbler and be absolutely best at it. Porsche tried to build a cupholder that fit's everything, and we know how that worked... Our cupholder only works for tumblers, but works really well. You don't have to look down to use it, and you don't have to worry if your coffee will make a terrible mess in the next turn

It can also get out of the way when driving with passenger, or you can completely remove the ring and throw it into glove box in 10 seconds.
https://t-design9.com/nurburgring_cu...r_porsche.html

Originally Posted by SinkRate
Ehh, we live in a world where we're willing to pay $200 to change a little center console cubby out for an ashtray, so something that's well made and really practical doesn't bother me at $130. You're definitely spot on in terms of what can and can't go in it, but I will say that it doesn't necessarily have to be tapered. I'm a shameless Contigo addict, and despite not being tapered, they all fit perfectly. The cupholder has this mystery foam stuff around the inner ring that allows for different diameter cups to drop in and stay firmly seated. As far as bottles go, them not fitting doesn't bother me at all. Anything with a threaded cap on it doesn't need to be in a cup holder. I almost always have a bottle of water in the car with me, and I usually just place it to my left between the seat and the door sill. Sits perfectly down there and can't roll around.

As for being conspicuous, the actual cup holder comes off its bracket with two little thumb screws in about 10 seconds, and all you're left with is this very, very small little mounting plate. It's black, and isn't unsightly to me. Also, like the Ultimate, the T-Design requires no permanent modifications whatsoever.

Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

Old 01-27-2024, 02:49 PM
Uda880
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

I've had to make the same adjustment to mine as well - I'm cutting the included holding bar in the back, as the weight of the drinks keep ripping it off the velcro backing.

Originally Posted by Chonkee
30 min project since everyone hates the built in cupholders:
- clip on cupholder from Autozone = $4/pair
- flat bar from Home Depot = $16
- use a grinder to cut a 7" aluminum flat bar - spray paint it black or wrap in black vinyl (I spray painted mine and covered with a leftover PPF so it wont scratch). I also used felt paper backed adhesive so my coffee cup lid wont scratch the plastic.
- use a double sided tape to attach the flat bar to the cupholder
- slip it in the gap
- I have it on for a year now for both driver and passenger side and it held my containers in place even in sprited drives.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Cup Holders