Sponsored by:

Ultimate Cup Holders

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2022, 11:27 AM
mountain_bound
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Ultimate Cup Holders

It seems like the Ultimate cup holders are recommended for people looking for better ways to store their water bottles, tumblers, etc. vs the factory ones in the dash. Has anyone purchased these recently? When I go to place an order on their site I get a page error. I've tried reaching out but haven't got a response back.

https://www.ultimatecupholders.com/
Old 12-28-2022, 12:57 PM
SConn
Drifting

Received 976 Likes on 580 Posts

Old 12-28-2022, 05:28 PM
mountain_bound
Intermediate

Doh... I don't know how I missed that. Thanks for replying.
The following users liked this post:
SConn (12-28-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 06:16 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,320 Posts

Not sure how Mike's doing. That message has been up for quite some time.
Old 12-28-2022, 07:08 PM
SConn
Drifting

Received 976 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by mountain_bound
Doh... I don't know how I missed that. Thanks for replying.
Hahaha! No problem. I tried to order one myself several months ago and saw the message. Had one in my last 991. They really are great.

Hopefully he recovers soon! The message has been up for a while...
Old 12-28-2022, 11:01 PM
mountain_bound
Intermediate

Originally Posted by asellus
Not sure how Mike's doing. That message has been up for quite some time.
Originally Posted by SConn
Hahaha! No problem. I tried to order one myself several months ago and saw the message. Had one in my last 991. They really are great.

Hopefully he recovers soon! The message has been up for a while...
That's too bad to hear! They look like a great product. Hopefully he recovers soon.
Old 12-29-2022, 02:28 PM
dvalera001
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 97 Posts

I messaged Mike back in July and he got back to me in August. I was able to purchase a set from him. He said he was getting back to orders soon, but if the message is still up, he just might take a bit more. If you email him, be patient but he’ll get back to you. Hoping he’s feeling better.
Old 01-25-2024, 04:14 PM
Uda880
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Noticed I really needed a drink on a recent canyon drive and the dainty cupholders don't hold a water bottle secure enough. Looked for the Ultimate Cupholder, contacted Mike, and got no response. So as a stop gap, or perhaps now just a regular, solution, I decided to just buy this cupholder off Amazon
<b>(LINK HERE)</b> (LINK HERE)
, use just the cup portion, and placed a thick velcro strip + the sticky carpet portion on the back, and stuck it to the carpet in the same position that the Ultimate Cupholder would have gone. Works great for half the price. Black, so it blends in, and holds the water bottle just fine.

Old 01-25-2024, 04:31 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Uda880
Noticed I really needed a drink on a recent canyon drive and the dainty cupholders don't hold a water bottle secure enough. Looked for the Ultimate Cupholder, contacted Mike, and got no response. So as a stop gap, or perhaps now just a regular, solution, I decided to just buy this cupholder off Amazon (LINK HERE), use just the cup portion, and placed a thick velcro strip + the sticky carpet portion on the back, and stuck it to the carpet in the same position that the Ultimate Cupholder would have gone. Works great for half the price. Black, so it blends in, and holds the water bottle just fine.

I like your solution. I tried to find a solutioun similar to the Ultimate unit on amazon but coudln't find anything. Did you attached velcro strip to the back and bottom of the cup and then attache the velcro to the carpet back and bottom of the cup? Didn't think that velcro would stick that well to the carpet and I really don't want to use any screws.
Old 01-25-2024, 05:01 PM
Uda880
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by joserpaq
I like your solution. I tried to find a solutioun similar to the Ultimate unit on amazon but coudln't find anything. Did you attached velcro strip to the back and bottom of the cup and then attache the velcro to the carpet back and bottom of the cup? Didn't think that velcro would stick that well to the carpet and I really don't want to use any screws.
I used some heavy duty velcro strips that came with it's own sticky carpet portion. Basically I double sided the thing to both the floor mat and the tunnel carpet. Except by doing it this way, it's still removable for cleaning.
Old 01-25-2024, 11:53 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 595 Posts

The application guide for ultimate cup holders doesn't even list 991. The 997 works?
Old 01-26-2024, 11:54 AM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,320 Posts

I got a set of e39 and a set of generics. I used one of each for both cars, it ended up working out better given where my seats typically were.

That said, Mike's had that disclaimer up on the site for quite some time now. Is he still around?
Old 01-26-2024, 02:09 PM
boxdriver
Racer

Received 264 Likes on 97 Posts

I got a The Ultimate Cup Holder from Mike for my 986 about 15 years ago. I transferred that one to my 981 and it worked in that just as well. They are by far the best cup holders for the Porsche available. In 2022 my son bought his first Porsche 987 and I wanted to get him one for his car. I emailed Mike and he agreed to sell me one since I had purchased from him in the past. He said he has been busy with other things and hasn't been able to get back into it like he had in the past. If he gets enough fan email about wanting his cup holders, who knows, maybe he will get back in the business, or if he can't, maybe he will find someone to pass it along to. It is too good of a solution to the Porsche cupholder problem to let just die off.

Go ahead and send him an email about how great his design is and that you would like to be put on the list if he ever gets back to making them. Who knows what he will do if he gets enough emails. Even if he doesn't get back in the business, it is always good to hear that others like your idea and that might make his day if he is still having medical issues.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:06 PM
SinkRate
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 45 Posts

I wanted an Ultimate Cup Holder too, but after inquiring and receiving no response, I opted for the T-Design Nurburgring cup holder. I give it a 10/10, would highly recommend it to anyone. Build quality is fantastic, EXTREMELY secure, and easily removable in about 10 seconds. Couldn't be happier with it.

https://t-design9.com/nurburgring_cu...r_porsche.html
Old 01-26-2024, 06:31 PM
boxdriver
Racer

Received 264 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by SinkRate
I wanted an Ultimate Cup Holder too, but after inquiring and receiving no response, I opted for the T-Design Nurburgring cup holder. I give it a 10/10, would highly recommend it to anyone. Build quality is fantastic, EXTREMELY secure, and easily removable in about 10 seconds. Couldn't be happier with it.

https://t-design9.com/nurburgring_cu...r_porsche.html
$130 is hard to justify for a cup holder! It will only work with tapered cups, not water bottles or pop bottles. It's also very conspicuous.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Cup Holders