Shout out to Paolo at Rennlights!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 08:38 AM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,053 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by WP0
Here are the Rennlight renewed photos:
Wow they look perfect! We truly are fortunate to have access to a high quality vendor like Rennlights!
Old 01-29-2024, 07:55 PM
boldish
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Just wanted to add my +1 to Rennlights, he did a great job!

I had some damage due to braking so hard the headlight fell out (it wasn't reinstalled correctly by me).

And after getting them back they look basically undamaged!

Would definitely use Rennlights for my future headlight needs (I hope I don't have any). The turn around time was very fast too!
The following 2 users liked this post by boldish:
AdamSanta85 (01-30-2024), SConn (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 08:40 PM
nsau
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts

Also a shout out from me to Paolo! I just installed my headlights this afternoon. They look fantastic and brand new. I had some questions and he patiently walked me through things. Great customer service! Turnaround time was very fast.

The following users liked this post:
jesm (01-30-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 04:44 PM
Nashvegas
Pro

Received 171 Likes on 114 Posts

Another A+ review for Paolo here. Check out some pics of my process. The lenses are, to me, completely indistinguishable from new ones from Porsche.

The typical cracking I had all over my lenses (edges and in the lighting area as well)

The project begins. That's my neighbor's sweet E46 race car next to me. We joked about neither having lights.

The project gets more complicated. I broke the plastic tab off the vehicle side connector... . Don't use a screwdriver! It'll break the old plastic connector. Instead press the two halves of the connectors IN further (compress them together) then plastic tab with your thumb. Pressing in compresses the rubber seal, and allows the tab to be pressed. A bit counter intuitive. ... Anyway, I had to replace the connector. Ordered via the VW/Audi part # off the back on ECStuning for $20 bucks

This one has the tab intact - for comparison's sake.

The is the connector. The purple bit slides back and forth which does something to release the pins. You have to make sure you replace the little rubber waterproofing grommets on the back.

Wide shot

The $80 pin de-pinning tool I bought on ECStuning as well, since the crappy $12 ones from Amazon which looked like set of keys on a key ring, didn't work.

In the middle of re-pinning. Took 20 mins. One by one.

The box back from Paolo. Presentation is top notch btw. A shipping expert!

Packaged quite well.

I was wondering if I should have just bought new ones, but upon even the closest of scrutinization, these are perfect...

Drivers is perfect

Passengers is perfect

Wala. Happy as clam.

Last edited by Nashvegas; 01-30-2024 at 04:52 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Nashvegas:
boldish (01-30-2024), nsau (01-30-2024), SConn (01-30-2024)

Quick Reply: Shout out to Paolo at Rennlights!