Sponsored by:

Porsche Reliability

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2022, 12:51 AM
Levy
Racer

Received 284 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Laszlo_Laz
Agree, we have had Land Rovers in our family forever. Love them and wouldn’t own any other SUV. Never had any major issues either. Will always own one.
as much as i slam Rover quality, i love um too. have owned a 2009, 2012, 2016 and currently a 2019. all were Sport SCV8's and really fun to drive....for an suv that is. will probably get another one next year sometime. hard to shake them once you get hooked.
Old 12-13-2022, 01:51 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 501 Likes on 368 Posts

I have a 2013 Land Rover Range Rover w/ 60k miles, I have put on 31k of those miles myself, and the only issue I have had was a driver door latch... sure it gets a little "quirky" sometimes, but leaving the car overnight, or a quick drive around the neighborhood will have it forgetting the new habits. I did have a water pump replaced by my extended warranty company after suggestion by the dealership while it was in for service, the water pump had not failed, but not a problem, Freedom Warranty took care of it completely.

I had a 2008 Mercedes-Benz S550, had the front two air struts replaced after 12 years in the desert, not a surprise, a new aux battery that was in the car from new, and that was it!

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 12-13-2022 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-15-2022, 12:35 PM
1CEBITN
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

There's a lot of data missing there, it's definitely flawed. Given they are looking at aftermarket extended warranty claims alone to make up this "survey" I would guess these are on older, higher mileage cars. There is no mention of what age the samples used in the survey are. There are probably a lot more extended warranties purchased on Porsche and Land Rover cars just based on the clientele purchasing those and the cost of the car/SUV itself. Any survey where a Mitsubishi is at the top of the reliability list (likely because nobody in their right mind would buy an extended warranty on a Mitsubishi) is definitely flawed.
Old 12-15-2022, 01:02 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 139 Posts

This table is hogwash in my experience, for real life usage and especially post warranty... There's nothing less reliable than a Land Rover or Range rover, and BMWs and Audis just light up the dash like a Xmas tree 3 days post warranty expiration.
Having owned 13 porsches over 30 years, I have never gotten dash lights or been left by the side of the road. I recall one water pump on a cayman S (noticed a leak - no light), a vacuum valve on the 991 (no heat but no light) and a starter motor once (no light, old 911 SC with zero warning lights - my kind of car). We sure pay more but in my experience the cars are better built for the long term. I've had 50-50-40-30-20y old porsches that ran like swiss watches for decades. I've had 10-20y old bimmers that literally popped a CEL every week. And I'm still too sore to even talk about range rovers. No comparison in my experience.

Quick Reply: Porsche Reliability