Sponsored by:

991.2 replaced OEM Bose amp no sound

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2023, 04:13 PM
718_Sapphire
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Miso_team
CP= component protection so bunch of electronics have the VIN number of the car coded to them, this is a theft deterrent, and only Porsche with PIWIS connected to mothership in Germany can reprogram a replacement part.

The only thing I found from research is that last letter can vary which is just the revision of the amp, but I think anything post 2012 would fit. So I the one I used for replacement was one letter alphabetically lower..

​​​​​​
Thank you for your reply! I will update when it works again or when I have new insights.
Old 02-10-2024, 06:05 AM
718_Sapphire
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solved Amp problem for 165 euros

I found a porsche panamera 971 amp with NOT matching numbers. But since it was close to me and so cheap I thought I may give it it try.
So I connected the amp and it had sound on one side - meaning CP, but it works!
Going to my friendly here I explained the problem and wanted them to remove CP.
Since they did not diagnosed anything, they charged only 65 euros and it worked.

As a tip: With my Porsche Macan I had issues where I could not code the headlight high bean with my piwis, so I went to my firendly and explained the problem. They did only what I asked for without diagnosing anything, so they charged 80 euros.
So coding itself is not that expensive, just to keep in mind, since they first gave me a price indication of 250€….

Quick Reply: 991.2 replaced OEM Bose amp no sound