Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Carrera T

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 10:00 AM
HardRider
Racer

Received 178 Likes on 122 Posts

The "T" will always hold value it a low volume car. One sold back in October on BAT 6k miles CPO through 2024 for $110K plus buyers fee. It showed as new. carbon fiber seats manual trans no ceramic brakes.

Exotic motorsports of Michigan has the Carerra S 14K miles he is at $102500. I think that car will hold it value forever. Its the only manual "S" in country for sale, It has PASM, I couldn't figure out how much harder the ride was over stock. When I bought mine he wouldn't come off $110K. I told him I was going to send him brackets for a snow plow as he will be pushing snow with it. He would probably take 100K which is smoking for 14k miles "S" and manual transmission and brand spanking new tires...

Porsche of the mainline in Philladelphia has a 2018 911 base with manual transmission with 18K miles. It has remaining CPO left which is a year. Tires are not new and only comes with one key (I walked away from deal when found the cheap **** out). No sunroof but incredible red interior. Its in very good shape but has some small chips not many, normal for age. I had them at $95900. That car is a deal at $92K

Clear Lake Texas, Yellow 2017 or 18 NEW condition Yellow base 911 with 7k miles $88K. THE CAR SHOWS AS NEW NEW NEW. Owner just had Porsche north Houston service $4K? I drove car it drives as new. Not many options. Had on Autotrader. I have his phone number if you can't find. 5 miles from house. Considered wrapping but guy said buy car in color you want. Wrapping $8500.

I wouldnt daily drive one of these but to each their owns. If not Dailey driving manual is ticket. Without manual you need 600hp or you get bored, With manual you always having fun...and they hold value

Last edited by HardRider; 12-10-2022 at 10:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (12-11-2022)
Old 12-10-2022, 10:07 AM
HardRider
Racer

my opinion only!!!
Options that don't add value:
1) Cabrolet - funny usually convertibles demand a premium I haven't seen that in the base 911 market
2) yellow - supposedly highest resale value color. Sure if you can sell it
3) Sunroof
4) PDK transmission

Optons add value
1) manual
2) "S" model
3) correct color
4) Chrono package

Nice to have and you should get
1) Paint protection film
2) make sure you get two keys
3) the 991.2 are pretty bullet proof only issue is water pump which Porsche put on 10 year warranty so your covered. Now that I have owned mine and I love the fact all maintenance is up to date, I wouldn't make CPO a requirement if you get $7K off price. I am very mechanically inclined and could done plugs and filter myself for $160. I have a 4 post lift in my garage.......

Last edited by HardRider; 12-10-2022 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-10-2022, 03:18 PM
Slamminc6
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Dealer got back to me and his firm on the $112,000 number. I’m passing, kid is being a nun reasonable A$$

Last edited by Slamminc6; 12-10-2022 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-10-2022, 03:57 PM
HardRider
Racer

No, he will probably get close to that. Again T low volume 911. Personally I take S any day over T and get extra 40hp. Still laughing my *** off from the drive this morning. 911 synonymous with fun
The following users liked this post:
Slamminc6 (12-11-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 12:26 AM
wlm50
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 9 Posts

I understand why people like the manual transmission on the T. But after having driven only manual transmission cars for decades (including Alfa Romeo, BMW, and Porsche, plus American V8s), I purchased a PDK Carrera T. I wanted a car with RAS and without LWB (too hard to live with every day). I couldn't find a manual, so I decided to give the PDK a try. I have to say that the T is still a very, very special car with a PDK. On back roads I drive it in either Sport manual or Sport+ auto. It's great. About 10% of the time, I miss a manual. But I also miss the convertible top on my previous Boxster S about 10% of the time. Otherwise, I'm completely happy. The car still has its "special sauce," which includes the small turbo engine (virtually no lag with the option of a tune for another 100 HP), the lightweight glass and less sound deadening (which add to the sound and experience of the car), and the option of RAS (which makes the handling phenomenal). That entire package is not available in a 991.2 S or GTS. Honestly, the "light weight" of the car is so minimal regardless of how it is specified, it doesn't make that much difference in enjoyment of the car in daily use. PDK is significantly heavier than the manual. But the acceleration is better, so it's a tradeoff. And, I find that I drive the PDK aggressively more often than I did my previous manual transmission Porsches because I was always just a bit concerned about abusing the clutch.

So.... I respect those that like a low specified option list and a manual. I love manuals, too. It is more pure. But I do think people do a disservice to T owners if they make disparaging comments about those who choose a PDK or say "you might as well get a S or a GTS." I find the T to be almost the perfect sports car - even with a PDK.
The following 4 users liked this post by wlm50:
F355bob (12-11-2022), kcsf (12-12-2022), rjf (12-12-2022), timothymoffat (02-05-2023)
Old 12-11-2022, 12:34 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

And that is what matters, mano. Good on you and keep driving the wheels off it.

SS
Old 12-11-2022, 03:49 PM
Slamminc6
Instructor

What are you guys think a 2017 Carrera S with under 5000 miles is worth?

Old 12-11-2022, 03:52 PM
HardRider
Racer

I hope I would not influence anyone in a different direction concerning a 911. I am always trying to get best price, easiest resale value on everything. I do find it strange I don't have any heartburn that I spent close to 6 figures on a 911, I guess the reason is the 911 is worth it. Any 911 is the right 911 for the owner who purchased. If Porsche didn't think people would buy certain options or colors they wouldnt make them. I would never own a manual transmission as a daily driver, then again I would never drive a 911 as a daily driver. Truth be told you need one of each.....

Last edited by HardRider; 12-11-2022 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-11-2022, 03:58 PM
HardRider
Racer

Assuming near perfect condition I would think a dealer would be at $114K reason being one at $102,500 doesn't have chrono pkg, 14 way powerr seats, Bose. Soooo IMO a great deal is anything under $110K. My GUESS is he won't go below $115K
Old 12-11-2022, 10:35 PM
Slamminc6
Instructor

Originally Posted by HardRider
Assuming near perfect condition I would think a dealer would be at $114K reason being one at $102,500 doesn't have chrono pkg, 14 way powerr seats, Bose. Soooo IMO a great deal is anything under $110K. My GUESS is he won't go below $115K
thanks, they are asking $114.995k
Old 12-12-2022, 11:46 AM
HardRider
Racer

I nailed the T purchase price on BAT within $500 on first day of 7 day auction. You are finding some LOW LOW mile examples. You could drive a couple years and still less than 20K miles. I just don't see much downside on price. I don't know if his is CPO if it is then it has new plugs, filters, oil etc since it over 3 years old. If not use a bargaining tool. Get the color and options you want then work on price. Every day you see it you will see the color so IMO most important.

PDK transmission it should be under $110K. I thought it had manaul. Lowest price new 911 with manual (and not T) is about $138K

Last edited by HardRider; 12-12-2022 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-12-2022, 01:42 PM
ktecr
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I’m finding the same dealers that wouldn’t budge on price in August now coming down on their over MSRP used 911s in $5-10k increments.

I skipped those dealers and went with one that was reasonable and as a result actually move their inventory even in these uncertain times.

Buying my first 911 during this downslope in used car prices has taught me who to deal with and who not to deal with in my future transactions.

In the end if you feel like the dealer is being unrealistic I would consider moving on. A car is worth what you’re willing to pay and a good dealer should help reinforce that decision.
Old 12-12-2022, 04:27 PM
HardRider
Racer

On the flip side the goal is to get the car you want at the price you want Irregardless of the dealer. I am not looking for a friend in a dealership when purchasing a car. They can lie to me all they want if they get to my price and the car I want I will buy. It is not my job to educate dealrers on business plans or reputation. If what the dealers are doing doesn't work they will go out of business....

Again get the car you want at the price you want, everything else is irrelevant. Making me feel good, or acting as a friend usually results in less money in my account.

My attorney was describing me to a jury once and he really made me feel great. I have no idea who he was talking about but the money was well worth it.....

Last edited by HardRider; 12-12-2022 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-12-2022, 05:46 PM
jhalliman
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by wlm50
I understand why people like the manual transmission on the T. But after having driven only manual transmission cars for decades (including Alfa Romeo, BMW, and Porsche, plus American V8s), I purchased a PDK Carrera T. I wanted a car with RAS and without LWB (too hard to live with every day). I couldn't find a manual, so I decided to give the PDK a try. I have to say that the T is still a very, very special car with a PDK. On back roads I drive it in either Sport manual or Sport+ auto. It's great. About 10% of the time, I miss a manual. But I also miss the convertible top on my previous Boxster S about 10% of the time. Otherwise, I'm completely happy. The car still has its "special sauce," which includes the small turbo engine (virtually no lag with the option of a tune for another 100 HP), the lightweight glass and less sound deadening (which add to the sound and experience of the car), and the option of RAS (which makes the handling phenomenal). That entire package is not available in a 991.2 S or GTS. Honestly, the "light weight" of the car is so minimal regardless of how it is specified, it doesn't make that much difference in enjoyment of the car in daily use. PDK is significantly heavier than the manual. But the acceleration is better, so it's a tradeoff. And, I find that I drive the PDK aggressively more often than I did my previous manual transmission Porsches because I was always just a bit concerned about abusing the clutch.

So.... I respect those that like a low specified option list and a manual. I love manuals, too. It is more pure. But I do think people do a disservice to T owners if they make disparaging comments about those who choose a PDK or say "you might as well get a S or a GTS." I find the T to be almost the perfect sports car - even with a PDK.
Yep. I race manual transmission cars, have owned other manual Porsches, Lotuses and the like. I have a PDK T in Miami Blue. I live in S FL. We have a lot of traffic. My wife uses it occasionally. It's basically the school bus for my kids. I own caged track cars with manuals and get my manual transmission kicks out on those. I was just in the market for a 911 with rear seats in tact in a wonderful color with some nice trimmings (PASM, RAS etc) and found it in a T. Reality is, the difference between T, S and GTS is turbos and tunes so long as your car is spec'd correctly otherwise, so just get the car you want.
Old 12-12-2022, 06:26 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,202 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by jhalliman
… Reality is, the difference between T, S and GTS is turbos and tunes so long as your car is spec'd correctly otherwise, so just get the car you want.
I dunno, the fabric door pulls are really a game changer.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Carrera T