Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

?? Quick Jack advertisement from Pelican Parts shows incorrect orientation??

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 02:34 PM
RufiusV
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The following users liked this post:
shyamvenky (04-17-2024)
Old 04-19-2024, 01:47 PM
subaru335i
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RufiusV
This makes sense and I always have lifted my 911 like the bottom picture. But at the same time I have always lifted my front engined cars the same way and had no issues. Most of them are pretty close to 50/50 weight distribution anyway and this literally only MIGHT matter as you are lifting it when you shouldn't be anywhere underneath the car anyway.
Once the car is fully in the air it is pretty much centered over the base and there is no vehicle that will have the CoG outside the base and tip (unless you removing tons of weight very far forward or backwards somehow or your wheelbase is way too long for the QJ you bought).

The people saying these are "poorly engineered" are stupid and over reacting. They are safer and way more convenient and harder to **** up than standard jack stands...but go ahead and dont use them if you think you are smarter than everyone else lol.

I have even pushed and rocked my cars when they are in the air before getting under them (which is good practice even when using normal jack stands) just to make 100% sure they are stable and there has never been any hint of instability.

Its easier to **** up placement on a 2 post lift and have the vehicle tip than it is on a properly sized Quickjack...
Old 04-19-2024, 01:54 PM
RennListUser01
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 98 Posts

I thought this was an easy thing - that would generate nothing other than everyone using the devices in the manner recommended by the manufacturer.

It's always interesting to see justifications for using a device in another manner.

Quick Reply: ?? Quick Jack advertisement from Pelican Parts shows incorrect orientation??