Sponsored by:

PPI in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 01:55 PM
stevyirwin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI in Houston

I'm looking to purchase a used Porsche around Houston and need it taken to a reputable shop for a PPI. Currently deciding between Einar's Garage and Texas German Autohaus. Does anyone here have a preference between the two, or perhaps a superior option?

Einar's is quoting $600 with DME and photos, whilst Autohaus is quoting $225 without DME and photos.

Both will do thorough visual inspection outside (paint, suspension, wheels, etc) and inside (leather quality, electronics).

Neither include leakdown/compression.

Einar's appears to be a smaller more meticulous shop and Autohaus a larger one. Not sure if there is an actual quality difference.

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-13-2022, 05:19 PM
L8 APXR
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I have used Michael Cawley at European Auto Technics for PPI's on two different 911's (that I ended up purchasing). Also used him for all my service work where my Jedi powers were limited - great experience!

I doubt he is the cheapest but definitely knows Porsches and has always steered me in the right direction, even when it meant that he did not do the work. I believe he is also approved by LSRPCA for DE inspections if you ever decide to track your car.

He is located near IAH.

I moved to FL earlier this year and have not found anyone as knowledgeable as Michael.

Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
BrianFreeman (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 10:54 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 327 Likes on 167 Posts

Modern Air Cooled (Inside 610) and Driver Source (Memorial) are also good options. Have used both, both excellent.
Old 10-14-2022, 01:05 AM
barrett
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm in Houston, have heard good thing about Einer's and also Garagisti. I don't have personal experience with either, though. Good luck!
Old 10-16-2022, 11:45 AM
CayenneBlack
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 50 Posts

Einar only services Porsches and will be very familiar with them. If your car is manual, I would definitely get the DME. I had Einar do my PPI and was extremely happy with it.

I know Texas German Autohaus as well since I service some of my cars there.

Quick Reply: PPI in Houston