Sponsored by:

what goes here? Radio issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 05:49 PM
danfw58
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what goes here? Radio issues

I had the typical radio random reboot issues so I figured I'd swap it out with another one.. but turns out the one I received LOOKS the same but the mounts are different. But, all that aside, the old radio head that I took out i noticed had the tape cut on these to locations... .so being the curious person I am, I opened it up. Nothing in there!

what goes in there? If I swapped the parts out of the one I received that works but doesn't fit, would that "fix" the one original one? Or can I find the parts that go in here and try it to see if that solves the problem with the hold radio head?

Old 10-11-2022, 08:51 PM
docskeet
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 92 Posts

If you watch this video and others like it, you can get a good look at the inside of the PCM. I’m no expert but it looks like you’re missing ribbon connectors.
The following users liked this post:
z168 (10-11-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 09:38 PM
Andy515
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by danfw58
I had the typical radio random reboot issues so I figured I'd swap it out with another one.. but turns out the one I received LOOKS the same but the mounts are different. But, all that aside, the old radio head that I took out i noticed had the tape cut on these to locations... .so being the curious person I am, I opened it up. Nothing in there!

what goes in there? If I swapped the parts out of the one I received that works but doesn't fit, would that "fix" the one original one? Or can I find the parts that go in here and try it to see if that solves the problem with the hold radio head?

looks like it is missing the nav module and either the bose or xm module; both of which where options so if your car didnt have them the parts for those options would be missing. Adding them wont make them work unless dealer programmed. Did the radio work before and just start acting up?
Old 10-11-2022, 11:45 PM
danfw58
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It had been randomly rebooting since we got it. Nav and cd didnt work

Quick Reply: what goes here? Radio issues