Sponsored by:

911 Cpo options

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 09:39 PM
WhiteMacan88
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 911 Cpo options

Figured I would ask as maybe someone has ran into this before . Happened once or twice when I was looking for a macan , wasn't as ocd with those. But now searching for a 2015 + 911 coupe ran into the same issue ,with 2 or 3 different cars some of the newer cars were even cpo . Was told as long as it's an oem option wheel it passes per one dealer. Run the build sheet or window sticker & the wheel option on the car doesn't match it . Always another oem option , sometimes up or down in the trim levels.

I guess typo's can happen but not 3-5 times . Not a deal breaker persay, just wondering how this usually happens .Anything is possible once it's traded into a dealer I guess . Between the dealer swapping for take off's - or 1 or more of the wheels is bent etc. . Prior owner maybe had a winter summer set & dealer/customer keeps one or the other. Any insight is appreciated.

Last edited by WhiteMacan88; 08-30-2022 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-30-2022, 12:03 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 349 Posts

I bought a CPO with non Porsche aftermarket wheels. Should not have any impact on dealer CPOing a car. My trade in at the time had aftermarket exhaust and was also CPO’d before it was sold.
Old 08-30-2022, 12:13 AM
WhiteMacan88
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shammerman
I bought a CPO with non Porsche aftermarket wheels. Should not have any impact on dealer CPOing a car. My trade in at the time had aftermarket exhaust and was also CPO’d before it was sold.
Reassuring , good to know for sure lol . I keep getting caught up on a little stuff . Always overthink it , is it tuned etc. once I see one thing altered .
The following users liked this post:
shammerman (08-30-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 09:11 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 430 Likes on 307 Posts
Default Never underestimate

How lazy stealership employees are... cpo means almost nothing other than the insurance policy/warranty it represents
Old 08-30-2022, 09:06 PM
dthoke
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default aftermarket warranty

another question - i recently purchased an extended warranty from Fidelity (thanks to a number of Rennlist members - thank you!). the fine print says that the extended warranty will not apply to any aftermarket modifications. Is that common? Good new is that i have no aftermarket options added to my 2017 C2s, however, i guess i will think twice before i choose to do so. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2022, 01:45 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 501 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by dthoke
another question - i recently purchased an extended warranty from Fidelity (thanks to a number of Rennlist members - thank you!). the fine print says that the extended warranty will not apply to any aftermarket modifications. Is that common? Good new is that i have no aftermarket options added to my 2017 C2s, however, i guess i will think twice before i choose to do so. Thanks!
Not only is it common, it is the standard. You are getting an extended warranty, does the Porsche factory warranty cover modifications? No.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 08-31-2022, 01:47 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,304 Posts

think of it this way

why would porsche, fidelity, zurich, or anyone else cover something that you put on the car?
Highline-Autos.com (08-31-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 01:47 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 501 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by shammerman
Correct, wheels and exhaust are not an area of concern when voiding warranty coverage because both are components rarely covered by warranty in the first place.
Old 08-31-2022, 04:40 PM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 119 Posts

I think its not a clear cut situation, how big a mod are we talking about, for example if someone put a 22 inch rim on a CPO and then had a suspension malfunction i could easily see the dealership not covering a component that could
be compromised by the extra load a larger wheel could put on that component. so its not clear cut.

but then again, if the upgrade or changed wheel was a Porsche factory wheel that could be optioned on that same model i would think they would have a hard time denying a warranty claim in that circumstance, then its down to the dealership being either good to deal with or finicky, i would likely buy a car with Porsche wheels on it only to find out later that's not how it came, suggest you would take pictures at the dealer during the purchase being sure to get the wheels in the picture, its always possible that a previous owner got the wheels through a dealership and had them put on at the dealer, lots of subtle variables.
Old 08-31-2022, 05:49 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary12000
I think its not a clear cut situation, how big a mod are we talking about, for example if someone put a 22 inch rim on a CPO and then had a suspension malfunction i could easily see the dealership not covering a component that could
be compromised by the extra load a larger wheel could put on that component. so its not clear cut.

but then again, if the upgrade or changed wheel was a Porsche factory wheel that could be optioned on that same model i would think they would have a hard time denying a warranty claim in that circumstance, then its down to the dealership being either good to deal with or finicky, i would likely buy a car with Porsche wheels on it only to find out later that's not how it came, suggest you would take pictures at the dealer during the purchase being sure to get the wheels in the picture, its always possible that a previous owner got the wheels through a dealership and had them put on at the dealer, lots of subtle variables.
I don't think that's the question.

The question is whether or not the warranty would cover your 22" wheel should it have some kind of defect. The answer is no.

Just like Porsche isn't going to cover your radar detector if it dies.
Gary12000 (09-01-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 06:57 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,227 Likes on 705 Posts

Food for thought:

I listed my TTS as a feeler for sale in the classifieds. A Porsche Sales Manager contacted me and wanted to buy my car. It has approximately $40k in mods. HRE Wheels, catless exhaust with headers, intercoolers, charge pipes, accessport/tune, DSC sport controller plus more.

This sales manager told me he was going to buy my car with all it's stock parts, de-mod the car back to stock, CPO it through Porsche, then re-install all the mods and list it for sale on their lot as a CPO.. Not sure how much of that is real or hogwash because it's illegal to sell a catless car, but here you have an actual sales manager trying to CPO a modified car and sell it.
Old 08-31-2022, 11:44 PM
Otakugamer
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
How lazy stealership employees are... cpo means almost nothing other than the insurance policy/warranty it represents
“Almost” being the operative word. When I bought my car CPO, the front brakes were below 50% so they were replaced with brand new brakes and rotors.
But your point is well taken. Anything could fail at any time.

Quick Reply: 911 Cpo options