drdantheman1
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 119 Posts

Whoa... that's quite a difference.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:32 AM
Todd Gaine
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Often a problem, as the car is kept on the showroom floor with the top down, for weeks, if not months. My cabrio just received has similar marks and the dealer had it for 2 months before I bought it. Always store the car with the top up.

As others have mentioned, a bit of suitable care products and washes and the creases will stretch out. Not sure how long the shiny bits will last. My previous Boxster had creases when I got it, but they were pretty much gone after a month, except for the well know wear marks on the side.
Old 08-14-2022, 01:00 AM
lakeviking
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the rectangular/square outline just over the window is from a sticker or wrapping from when the car was new! Is there a similar outline on the top over the window on the other side of the car? I had this same "imprint" when I first picked up my brand new 2019 4s Cab!! (though I didn't have much of a streak across the entire top of the roof like you do, just those rectangular/square residuals on the sides of the fabric above the windows). Tried like hell to get them to come off, without much improvement.
Old 08-14-2022, 01:49 PM
regajohn
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

@bb964

sooooo … how about your next experiment … now switching and putting the ragtop on top of the Porsche protectant and putting the Porsche on top of the rag trap treated side of the cab top??

I’ve used the Porsche I haven’t tried the ragtop, but that would be an interesting experiment. I have a blue cap top with semi minor marks

(I still believe that there’s a huge difference in the amount of markings based on how well the roof was installed {aligned} at the factory. Obviously leaving it down or putting it down when wet is not good, but a lot of people who claim they leave it up and store the car garage have a very wide range of marks, anything from nothing to wear through and broken stitching)
The following users liked this post:
GTS99ONE (08-14-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 06:03 PM
fluid15
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by bb964
Here is my own comparison (controlled experiment ) of RaggTop VS Porsche Tequipment Product - RaggTop looks better, Porsche protects better.

RaggTop (top) looks better/blacker than Porsche

Water beading is much better with the Porsche product. RaggTop on the left, Porsche on the right

Nice job documenting your results! I have to admit I'm surprised ... I have no experience with the Porsche product but I've used Raggtopp several times and for me, the results were good beading just like your Porsche product above. In your picture, the side with Raggtopp doesn't look like it's been treated at all. I have no affiliation with Raggtopp, just surprised based on my experience with it 15-20 yrs ago. Maybe formula changed? Maybe a bad batch of product? Regardless of reason, results are results.

Last edited by fluid15; 08-16-2022 at 12:40 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-15-2022, 09:00 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 268 Posts

Agree with the post above. I’ve been using Raggtopp for many years on different cars and it ALWAYS beads up like on the RH side in the pic above. Especially after a fresh application. Something isn’t right here.

I have no affiliation with Raggtopp. Just a satisfied customer.

DaveGee
Old 08-17-2022, 03:33 PM
bb964
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by fluid15
I have no experience with the Porsche product but I've used Raggtopp several times and for me, the results were good beading just like your Porsche product above. In your picture, the side with Raggtopp doesn't look like it's been treated at all. I have no affiliation with Raggtopp, just surprised based on my experience with it 15-20 yrs ago. Maybe formula changed? Maybe a bad batch of product? Regardless of reason, results are results.
I was also surprised, my previous application of RaggTopp yielded much better results, perhaps a bad batch? got it from Amazon. I saved the can, might write to them if I find the time..

Last edited by bb964; 08-17-2022 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-17-2022, 10:51 PM
_Pat_
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I applied RaggTopp and my results are not like the Porshe brand, it's similar to yours.

I'll try the Porsche brand protectant next season, what a difference!

Quick Reply: Normal wear on a Cab soft top?