Sponsored by:

Now help me find a GTS :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 04:33 PM
TheVazha
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Now help me find a GTS :)

You guys have helped me narrow down the field to a 2017-2019 GTS. I will say that the slight price break on a C2S and maybe even a C4S is still intriguing, but I feel like if I don’t hyper focus on one model it’ll take me forever to find what I’m looking for.

So new questions for you fanatics:

1. Why are there so many available options on the market for 911’s? For a company that has limited production numbers it sure seems like there is an abundant number of examples to chose from. Are 911 owners all selling to get that slice of the current market premium?

2. I’m fully aware that historically 911’s have held their value quite strong. Current conditions are extremely favorable for selling, maybe a little less now than a year ago but still super healthy. Taking this into account, is there any reason to wait a few months? My understanding is that things will start to mellow out a bit after the lag catches up to the car industry.

3. I’ve been looking at this for quite a while:

https://my.dealersocket.com/NewEbrochure/eBrochure/Index?WebLeadId=adVLOmQ1/Y2j%20/mF93G7Zw==&InventoryID=gwoR9NOyac4=&EBrochureSiteId=ey893rufWw8=&EventId =Nb5ptMtUt8A=&CreatedById=AGndiJ+volE=&RemoteSiteId=ey893rufWw8=

Anyone recognize this car? Any weird history I should know about? it has some miles on it and they’ve had it listed forever. Why do you think it hasn’t sold? What would be a fair price on this?

if waiting a handful of months means I’ll save $10K, I’m not stressing it. If waiting a handful of months might mean I save $25K+, it’s interesting. Not because I can’t swing it, I just hate to be sitting in an overpriced purchase as the market is leveling.

what’s a fair offer on this one, assuming you guys give me the blessing that it’s a good example? 🙏🙏
Old 07-25-2022, 09:51 AM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

what's the ask? it very well kitted, the seats, the pccb, even the burmeister. very unique.
Old 07-25-2022, 10:07 AM
neptune36
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts

Someone checked all the boxes on the Porsche configurator. If there is a macro for doing that, this owner discovered it. Agreed, nice car.
Old 07-25-2022, 10:12 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Jump on it, if you like it. You probably aren't going to find such a nicely equipped car pop up again for a while. Very nice build.
Old 07-25-2022, 11:43 AM
BCgeorgia
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Looks like the car you listed is selling for $148k with 16k mileage (looking at dash from pics). Here's are the itemized specs on the car (MSRP listed around $176k):
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AB2A98HS125013/

Here's my take (from someone who is also looking for a 991.2 s or gts):

- If you're someone who is really big on finding the best deal, consider waiting. Used 911 prices are starting to come down (and will likely continue to come down over the next year... and likely in a significant way if we officially hit a recession and the job market contracts). I'm planning on jumping into the market next summer (though it helps that I'm in a bimmer lease that ends then ).

- If you're intent on buying now (nothing wrong with that!), I'd just think about whether you need a car spec'd this highly (for instance, do you really need PCCB's? Does burmester sound really matter to you?). Assuming nothing is wrong with the car (clean car fax, etc; not a lemon title), the price is totally reasonable for the market. If it's been sitting a while, then you're in a good position for negotiating (tho my limited experience is that the porsche dealerships aren't negotiating much in the current market).

If you don't need a car spec'd this highly, there are other 991.2 gts's with low mileage for significantly less (and prices have been dropping). 1 example:
https://www.porschelivermore.com/use...e024169dc7.htm

Lastly, are you someone who plans on tooling on your car a bit? If so, carefully consider those centerlock wheels. They are a pretty big pain in the rear end to deal with (several threads on this on rennlist if you look). So much so I probably won't get a gts unless i can find a relatively rare used gts from someone who opted to not have them (interestingly, there are a few on autotrader with 5 lugs).

Last edited by BCgeorgia; 07-25-2022 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-25-2022, 12:34 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 300 Posts

This forum is a great source and has helped me immensely.

If you want help, please be as specific as you can. Let us know what options are a must have and those that would be a nice to have.
Color and transmission are probably the biggest regarding must haves. Expect to pay a premium on manual transmission as there's only about 10% that are manuals for sale.
Old 07-25-2022, 12:55 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 494 Posts

That is a very nicely spec'd car. The price isn't insane. I hope you don't miss the opportunity.

Me personally, manual is a must, but otherwise it's a great car.
Old 07-25-2022, 01:04 PM
R N M
Racer

Received 255 Likes on 112 Posts

To me finding the right car - options i want and condition is more important than getting the best deal. I do think 991 values will go down once more 992s start to hit used matket.
Old 07-25-2022, 01:37 PM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 121 Posts

There is nothing wrong with getting a high spec car or even overpaying for such a car, but my.03 cents is:-

Do the options on that car help it maintain its value?

I find the 4wheel/AWD option along with PCCB as a bit of an anomaly, expensive options, i try to think of how narrow will the group of buyers will be if and when i decide to sell it, for me the 4wd is not necessary, nor is the PCCB, so i wouldn't want to pay up for those options, it may be telling that it has been sitting waiting for the right buyer.

if i am not thinking emotionally i like to make a list of must have vs nice to have vs don't want, i wouldn't want lava orange or speed yellow for example, i like it for someone else just not for me, i don't love GT silver but i like it pretty much more than white for example, i do like the wide body look, but not enough to pay up for a Carrera 4, and with PCCB id be worried about high maintenance cost although it is unlikely i would put enough miles on a car to wear them out.

its the old pros and cons list...

Old 07-25-2022, 02:30 PM
gskv
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm selling my GTS4 if you're interested. PDK, GT Silver w/ Red Interior 20k miles. Canadian car.
Old 07-25-2022, 06:27 PM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary12000
There is nothing wrong with getting a high spec car or even overpaying for such a car, but my.03 cents is:-

Do the options on that car help it maintain its value?

I find the 4wheel/AWD option along with PCCB as a bit of an anomaly, expensive options, i try to think of how narrow will the group of buyers will be if and when i decide to sell it, for me the 4wd is not necessary, nor is the PCCB, so i wouldn't want to pay up for those options, it may be telling that it has been sitting waiting for the right buyer.

if i am not thinking emotionally i like to make a list of must have vs nice to have vs don't want, i wouldn't want lava orange or speed yellow for example, i like it for someone else just not for me, i don't love GT silver but i like it pretty much more than white for example, i do like the wide body look, but not enough to pay up for a Carrera 4, and with PCCB id be worried about high maintenance cost although it is unlikely i would put enough miles on a car to wear them out.

its the old pros and cons list...
the first thing i think of when i see PCCBs is "wow how much time will i save not having to clean brake dust"
Old 07-26-2022, 03:13 AM
z168
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks good. Id pull the trigger on it
Old 07-26-2022, 03:20 AM
TheVazha
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But then this comes on market!!
Check out a 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet RWD - $146,900 on CarGurus at https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/334612635

a **** ton less miles, has the cool red
accents, and Agate!! 🤤

Quick Reply: Now help me find a GTS :)