Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terrible Porsche Customer Service and Dealer Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 05:29 PM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 127 Posts

I'm near Baton Rouge, I bought my car CPO in Jackson MS on the way home i saw it had an error message on the XM antenna so i took it into Harris Porsche in BR and it was a good experience communicative and ready on time, done under CPO warranty.

I would also recommend Vinnies Exotics in Baton Rouge, hes a factory trained Porsche Tech who started his own deal, but i see lots of high end stuff at his shop when i go by there. i'm not sure if he will fix your xm issue
but its good to have another option.

Baton Rouge is like 70 miles from NOLA.. come on down... the price is...... WRONG !!
The following 2 users liked this post by Gary12000:
GT3FZS (07-16-2022), straka (07-15-2022)
Old 07-15-2022, 05:31 PM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

Oh BTW whats your issue? mine wont show album art under the details menu.. oh well i didn't buy it for the xm radio but i get it they are expensive and stuff should work.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:52 PM
straka
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary12000
Oh BTW whats your issue? mine wont show album art under the details menu.. oh well i didn't buy it for the xm radio but i get it they are expensive and stuff should work.
Much more complex than a Sirius issue. When using Apple Car Play, in Waze Maps, Apple Maps and Google Maps my location is about 100 yards to the right of me and then my arrow locater starts traveling down every road branching to the right, gets confused, travels backwards, establishes its location for a moment, then starts the error location procedure all over again. All the while the maps are rotationaly spinning completely confused.
Old 07-16-2022, 08:49 AM
vanlieremead
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by straka
Yes a Porsche dealer about a 100 miles away. Some years ago I purchased a used 2015 Macan Turbo from them with a 'clean' Car Fax only to discover that it had been rear ended 'Moderate damage Car Fax category' before I purchased it (car fax documented,) This information was revealed to me when trading it in on a used Mercedes AMG C63S coupe they were selling, depreciating the trade in value of my Macan.
So they didn't tell you about the damage when selling the Macan to you but did so when you were selling it back? What did their leadership think about that when you had the needed conversation?
I know it's not relevant to this thread but you'd think that the dealer would be honest.
Old 07-16-2022, 09:11 AM
straka
Racer

Originally Posted by vanlieremead
So they didn't tell you about the damage when selling the Macan to you but did so when you were selling it back? What did their leadership think about that when you had the needed conversation?
I know it's not relevant to this thread but you'd think that the dealer would be honest.
There was about 1.5 years between the Macan purchase and trading it back in through the dealership to purchase the used AMG. The AMG was a good deal. Not the same salesman. I shrugged it off as a lesson learned. Their excuse was that a Car Fax takes time to update. Not yet updated at the time of my Macan purchase.

Last edited by straka; 07-16-2022 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-17-2022, 01:30 AM
911hammer
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

@straka Have you validated that the same problem exists with another phone? I’m just curious what logic (ie GPS info) is used from the car technology rather than the phone.
The following users liked this post:
GZ Boxster (08-07-2022)
Old 07-17-2022, 09:11 AM
jbendaou
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Wellllllll I do have the same issue with the XM radio and it’s doing that randomly for 4 or 5 days now. And actually I have noticed the CarPlay issue with Waze this past Friday. It thought I was driving couple miles away. Apple map was fine tho. Figured this was all Waze related.
Old 07-17-2022, 09:49 AM
barncobob
Rennlist Member

Received 748 Likes on 460 Posts

have appt this friday for alignment,guaranteed me it would get right in and my wait short...i will chime back afterwards......it took 1 month to get this appt.
Old 07-17-2022, 09:50 AM
vanlieremead
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Wake Is Beginning To Suck

Originally Posted by 911hammer
@straka Have you validated that the same problem exists with another phone? I’m just curious what logic (ie GPS info) is used from the car technology rather than the phone.
i know this is a thread about dealers but I have to say that Waze is beginning to become unusable. It’s having a really difficult time in determining the phone’s GPS position. It’s not a Porsche issue. I’m too a point that I start 2 maps to be on the safe side.
jbendaou (07-17-2022)
Old 07-17-2022, 03:44 PM
straka
Racer

Originally Posted by 911hammer
Yes it does it with different iPhones; When I bought the car and discovered the problem I had an iPhone 7, did it with my friends iPhone 12, I now have a new iPhone 13 and its there. In this time span there have been one or two operating systems upgraded. My suspicion is that its the front antenna located behind the front bumper (the rear antenna was replaced.) This antenna is listed as the antenna for mobile devices. It consists of 2 antennas branching out from the main one wire connection, right and left antenna on respective sides of the front of the car. Perhaps the left antenna is malfunctioning, therefor the bias to show a location to the right? This is what I've asked the dealership to replace since their solution didn't work. And this is the step that isn't getting done since they won't proceed with this problem. The PCM software is the latest version.

Last edited by straka; 07-17-2022 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-17-2022, 03:51 PM
straka
Racer

Originally Posted by vanlieremead
i know this is a thread about dealers but I have to say that Waze is beginning to become unusable. It’s having a really difficult time in determining the phone’s GPS position. It’s not a Porsche issue. I’m too a point that I start 2 maps to be on the safe side.
Not only Waze but also Google maps and Apple Maps. I think Google now owns Waze.
Old 07-17-2022, 03:57 PM
straka
Racer

Originally Posted by jbendaou
Wellllllll I do have the same issue with the XM radio and it’s doing that randomly for 4 or 5 days now. And actually I have noticed the CarPlay issue with Waze this past Friday. It thought I was driving couple miles away. Apple map was fine tho. Figured this was all Waze related.
Waze knows where I am as it always returns back to my correct location, but only for a very short while until it starts its search to the right all over again. As I've stated elsewhere the same problem occurs in Apple Maps and Google maps.
jbendaou (07-17-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 01:09 PM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

Not sure if this would work, but just to see if anything changes have you tried using waze on phone only as in not plugged into the car?
my thought is it will use the phone antenna instead of the cars one, if it acts normally then you know its the car.

G
Old 07-18-2022, 02:28 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,350 Likes on 760 Posts

Wow. I have been so lucky I guess to have had 3 amazing dealer relationships that I can’t say anything bad about. Bought multiple Porsches from them with great results and service.
Sorry you are going through hell with them.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:40 PM
straka
Racer

Originally Posted by Gary12000
Not sure if this would work, but just to see if anything changes have you tried using waze on phone only as in not plugged into the car?
my thought is it will use the phone antenna instead of the cars one, if it acts normally then you know its the car.

G
WAZE works perfectly when using it on the phone inside the car. It's when its plugged into the Apple Car Play that the problem occurs. The 2017 991.2 has wired, not wireless Apple Car Play.

Quick Reply: Terrible Porsche Customer Service and Dealer Service