Sponsored by:

Help me buy a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 11:50 AM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 760 Likes on 540 Posts

GTS models 991.2 are 405 tq and 450 hp. Have other options as well. Drive one if you can and decide for yourself.
Old 07-10-2022, 02:00 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts

Determine your buying criteria, what do you want?
  • Send me a PM with your eMail and I'll send you an article I wrore recently, printed on the PCA San Diego monthly magazine, as well as the POrsche owners Club Velocity e-Magazine. It's a compare and contrast between the 997.2, the 991.1 and the 991.2. However of this doesn't work for you, privacy issues? Considering the following.
  • Do internet research on 991.1, and or 991.2 cars. If you are a Naturally Aspirated buff, then 991.1 and earlier cars are for you. If you want to take a leap to what Porsche is providing with the 991.2 and later cars, smaller displacewment engines with twin Turbos. Having owned both recently, I couldn't resist he 991.2...the HP, the torque, AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!
  • Use the Factory's search engine to search thePorsche Dealer Market across the country: https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US
  • As a result pf your research, you will have identifies the "must have" options. PDK auto or manual will be your first decision. Acceptable mileage, between 10,000 and 20,000 mile are my criterion.
  • The following were my must have's
  1. Sport Chrono
  2. Lane Control (LCA)
  3. Back Up Camera and front and rear parking sensors,
  4. Porsche Communications Managemen: On the 991.2 and later cars, you then have bluetooth connection, Serius radio antenna....love this feature
  5. 14 way power seat, heated and cooled, better yet 18 way,, there are adaptive sport seats and power sport seats...
  6. Sport Exhaust, a must have
  7. Sport suspension, car will be 20mm lower than a base Carrera. Iy will ride a little rougher. This little 20mm can be the difference between a scrape in a steep driveway, or not. Some select Front Axle Lift option that helps....noting it is one other thing to go wrong, read $$$. No worries if you have a CPO car.
  8. PASM or Sport PASM? I had both didn't see any dramatic difference. Sport PASM cars will be a little lower.
  9. Rear wheel Steering? Some swear but it for ease of parking, and at >55MPH, more precise turns.
  • Limit your search to Porsche Ceretifies Pre Owned cars, aka CPO. They have been through a 111 point inspection and come with a 2 years, unlimiyed mileage warranty. These are the best used cars Porsche on the market, in general.
  • Get familiar with www.vinanalytics.com Once you have found your dream Porsche, plug that car's VIN # in and you see the original sell price and aall the options
  • Know that you pay a "weight price" for an AWD, and even more tor a Traga, probably a convertible too. No worries, the HP spread acropss the 991.1 and 991.2 goes from 350 on the base 991.1 Carrera to 420 on the 991.2 Carrera S, and up to 450 on the 991.2 GTS*** car, noting this is a wide body.
  • *** The GTS cars generally come with centerlock wheels that are a pain in the *** to deal with. You can make to wheek removal job easier if you **** away $$$ on special tools such as a RENNtorq device. It is a torque multiplier (3), that obviates the need for a monster torque wrench and breaker bar...that is, until the time a worker bee happens to over torque the wheels, and which will lead to the situation where you can won't be able to breal the wheel loose with the RENNtorq (I am presently in this situation, now I am looking for a monster breaker bar with a 3/4" head.
If I were to take a logical approach to buying a late model Porsche, in contrast to the emotional, the best bang for the buck is a 991.2 Carrera aka base mode,with Sport Chrono and Sport Exhaisr and PASM. If you want all the options and a wide body, then look for a 991.1 GTS car. Most of these cars are fully optioned. Buy a CPO car and get that 2 year warranty. Before the warrany expires, buy an extended warranty from Fidelity. I used Mucheal Bernardo mbernardo1111@gmail.com He works at a Volvo Dealer in RI, and provides a discount to RENNLIST members. The lower the mileage on the car, the cheaper the warranty.

Buying a late model Porsche car It is a simple or as complex as you make it. In summary, develop a list of yout must haves, come up with a budget #, commence your search on the URL mentioned above.
The following users liked this post:
wquiles (07-24-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 02:44 PM
vanlieremead
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 207 Posts

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars...lue-estimator?
Old 07-11-2022, 11:38 AM
TheVazha
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
I would go for a 991.2 vert base. It does not sound like you are interested in handling or speed. Your price range will get you a nice low mileage example. Personally i would not own a porsche with even a sunroof as any kind of hole in the roof seems to have premature failure issues. You can and should offset this with a waranty. Warranty cost is normally based on mileage. Getting a targa is really rolling the dice the top mechanisms are way complicated.
I’ve heard from multiple people this advice, get a brand new base model. The tech is fabulous and I’m giving up very little speed due to turbos. Agreed on Targa. I’m shying away due to weight and extra things that can break.

Originally Posted by HkPlinker
Your budget will allow for everything you desire. If you're patient, you could possibly purchase new.
But, with what you have stated, you want a 2017 Targa GTS

Here is one that would pit the bill.

https://www.champion-porsche.com/veh...fl-id-48129774

Here is one in manual.
https://www.champion-porsche.com/veh...fl-id-48131558
Thank you!! Confirmed after staying up all night that why I want is a GTS. My budget will get me a 2017 which is good, but it looks like a low mileage cab or targa might be out of reach. Wait a few months? I’m reading some rumblings about the used car market bubble. I don’t need them to drop 30%, just a few basis points and I’m in!

Originally Posted by Jack F
GTS models 991.2 are 405 tq and 450 hp. Have other options as well. Drive one if you can and decide for yourself.
I reviewed the GTS model all night last night and it seems this is the one for me. Nice blend of lux/sport. Plus Turbo brakes and rotors and Turbo S wheels is awesome! Also comes standard with Sports Chrono which is cool.

Originally Posted by Martin S.
  • Send me a PM with your eMail and I'll send you an article I wrore recently, printed on the PCA San Diego monthly magazine, as well as the POrsche owners Club Velocity e-Magazine. It's a compare and contrast between the 997.2, the 991.1 and the 991.2. However of this doesn't work for you, privacy issues? Considering the following.
  • Do internet research on 991.1, and or 991.2 cars. If you are a Naturally Aspirated buff, then 991.1 and earlier cars are for you. If you want to take a leap to what Porsche is providing with the 991.2 and later cars, smaller displacewment engines with twin Turbos. Having owned both recently, I couldn't resist he 991.2...the HP, the torque, AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!
  • Use the Factory's search engine to search thePorsche Dealer Market across the country: https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US
  • As a result pf your research, you will have identifies the "must have" options. PDK auto or manual will be your first decision. Acceptable mileage, between 10,000 and 20,000 mile are my criterion.
  1. Sport Chrono
  2. Lane Control (LCA)
  4. Porsche Communications Managemen: On the 991.2 and later cars, you then have bluetooth connection, Serius radio antenna....love this feature
  5. 14 way power seat, heated and cooled, better yet 18 way,, there are adaptive sport seats and power sport seats...
  7. Sport suspension, car will be 20mm lower than a base Carrera. Iy will ride a little rougher. This little 20mm can be the difference between a scrape in a steep driveway, or not. Some select Front Axle Lift option that helps....noting it is one other thing to go wrong, read $$$. No worries if you have a CPO car.
  8. PASM or Sport PASM? I had both didn't see any dramatic difference. Sport PASM cars will be a little lower.
  9. Rear wheel Steering? Some swear but it for ease of parking, and at >55MPH, more precise turns.
  • Limit your search to Porsche Ceretifies Pre Owned cars, aka CPO. They have been through a 111 point inspection and come with a 2 years, unlimiyed mileage warranty. These are the best used cars Porsche on the market, in general.
  • Get familiar with www.vinanalytics.com Once you have found your dream Porsche, plug that car's VIN # in and you see the original sell price and aall the options
  • Know that you pay a "weight price" for an AWD, and even more tor a Traga, probably a convertible too. No worries, the HP spread acropss the 991.1 and 991.2 goes from 350 on the base 991.1 Carrera to 420 on the 991.2 Carrera S, and up to 450 on the 991.2 GTS*** car, noting this is a wide body.
  • *** The GTS cars generally come with centerlock wheels that are a pain in the *** to deal with. You can make to wheek removal job easier if you **** away $$$ on special tools such as a RENNtorq device. It is a torque multiplier (3), that obviates the need for a monster torque wrench and breaker bar...that is, until the time a worker bee happens to over torque the wheels, and which will lead to the situation where you can won't be able to breal the wheel loose with the RENNtorq (I am presently in this situation, now I am looking for a monster breaker bar with a 3/4" head.
If I were to take a logical approach to buying a late model Porsche, in contrast to the emotional, the best bang for the buck is a 991.2 Carrera aka base mode,with Sport Chrono and Sport Exhaisr and PASM. If you want all the options and a wide body, then look for a 991.1 GTS car. Most of these cars are fully optioned. Buy a CPO car and get that 2 year warranty. Before the warrany expires, buy an extended warranty from Fidelity. I used Mucheal Bernardo mbernardo1111@gmail.com He works at a Volvo Dealer in RI, and provides a discount to RENNLIST members. The lower the mileage on the car, the cheaper the warranty.

Buying a late model Porsche car It is a simple or as complex as you make it. In summary, develop a list of yout must haves, come up with a budget #, commence your search on the URL mentioned above.
Wow amazing write up! Thank you!!! The finder link and the vin link will come in useful, I’ll jump on today and see what I can find.

Originally Posted by Alc
TheVazha,
I’m excited for you and the journey it seems to be on finding the 911 that fits your wants. I’d suggest getting on the Porsche website and configure 992s. The reason I say this is it will answer and organize your thoughts about each model. most of the trim levels are passed into the 992s and again this will help organize your decision. Porsche does a good job pictorially lining up all the models from most expensive to least expensive based on
1. horsepower
2. AWD (denoted as a 4 in each trim title)
3. Style (coupe, cabriolet, targa)

as for tuning/modding. Honestly, this should be a very low priority because, specifically tuning, is very easy to do on the turbo cars. People have taken the base Carrera engine into the 700hp range with the proper bolt-ons. The only difference in engine across the entire Carrera lineup is the turbo size. The base has the smallest turbos, the S has slightly larger turbos, and the GTS has the largest of the Carrera trim levels…that’s it. The turbo and turbo s models use a different engine 3.8L vs the Carrera 3.0L. That is a huge difference. The Turbo and Turbo S also ONLY come in AWD and PDK (auto transmission).

in the 991.2 all Carrera trim levels had an optional manual transmission if that’s something you want.

after reading your posts it appears you want a cruising car but I could be wrong. The last point of reference you will need to decide is weight, if you want a cruising car then it doesn’t matter. The targa 4s/GTS and cabriolets 4/GTS are heavier than other models. AWD adds a bit of weight and so do the open tops. This drastically affects driving dynamics/characteristics. If you just want to cruising car, this really doesn’t matter.

and then there’s the widebody vs narrow body…you’re welcome for that little nugget.
Haha thank you! I want the wide body for sure, and I love the stance of the GTS. Just hoping I can get a cab in my range. 🤞

Originally Posted by vanlieremead
Thabk you for sharing van! I will deep dive today!
Old 07-11-2022, 01:36 PM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 121 Posts

Just a few small points, there is some solid advice previously mentioned, I just traded in my BMW M2C for a 2017 Base, you get a lot of car even in just the base, if i had the budget i would want a GTS also, if you want a car that is the most desirable to the enthusiast market that would be a manual transmission. in my case my wife does better with a PDK even though she can drive a manual. I chose to buy from a dealer to get a CPO.

I just decided what were my must have options which for me, was Sport Chrono, then i moved to wants, PSE( Sport Exhaust ) 20 inch rims in black, a color i could either live with or would actually enjoy (I got silver) then there is a list options that bring a little something, Sport Design body parts, usually this is the front bumper cover only, i didn't get that but I did get the Sport Design mirrors which i think are cool looking, I believe the GTS might get some of those options as Standard, i have also read that there are three sizes of Turbo rotors on the 3.0 base motor, Base, the S and GTS i have also read that the 3.0 motor has forged internals.

The reading and learning is half the fun ... but the driving yeah that's where the fun is.. and i don't mind when someone shouted to me from their car window yesterday " I love your Turbo " am i supposed to shout back?? "its only got the small Turbo's".... iv'e resigned myself to always saying "Thanks man"
Old 07-11-2022, 03:49 PM
McLaren997
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

The GTS is an S model with a few more HP you don't need, some options you may or may not want, and center locking wheels which are silly. As I said before I got the base and would be OK with an S but wouldn't pay up for a GTS.
The following users liked this post:
Gary12000 (07-12-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 05:26 PM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,039 Likes on 657 Posts
Default Hmm...

OP, lots of great information in this thread and I see you've decided to pursue a GTS - great choice! I came very close to buying a 2nd Porsche as a supplement - 991.2 GTS4 7MT Targa. My view is that model is the closest experience to a manual transmission version of the previous Turbo models, with the added top down fun of a Targa. That said, I posted my experiences driving a base 991.2 7MT in this forum a couple years ago (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1202...ispreloading=1) and I was so impressed by the base model that it reset my understanding of how capable the entrance model to this chassis really is and the tremendous value there is in it.

Originally Posted by McLaren997
... To me now the "Turbo and Turbo S" are stupid cars way overpowered and even the S model is questionable. Your average dentist in a Turbo or Turbo S is dangerous.
The GTS is an S model with a few more HP you don't need, some options you may or may not want, and center locking wheels which are silly....
Seems like this brand is full of pointless models that have no appeal for you and, in your view, are a waste of time for the rest of us too. Come to think of it, maybe your base model is all wrong for you too? Have you considered trading your car for a Kia Soul?

Last edited by Pb Pedis; 07-11-2022 at 10:58 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pb Pedis:
fractionofawhole (08-24-2022), Gary12000 (07-12-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 07:15 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts

Vazha
I currently have a 2013 CAB It's the Carrera 2 (rear wheel drive) S With nearly every option possible at a $ 138,300 MSRP. I absolutely love the naturally asperated motor and the noise it can make with Sports Exhaust open.
. If I ever replace it, I like the wide body of the 4S and GTS and would get a Targa, without a doubt. The classic look and rarity does it for me. I live in South Mississippi and I have owned a 911 Targa, 930 CAB, 997 CAB, 997 Turbo CAB and my current 991 CAB, so I guess I like the drop top.
However, I seldom lower the top much anymore. Maybe 10-15 percent of the time in the past several years.

But, it's your car. Get exactly what you want and don't worry about paying just a "little too" much.
Old 07-11-2022, 07:18 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pb Pedis
OP, lots of great information in this thread and I see you've decided to pursue a GTS - great choice! I came very close to buying a 2nd Porsche as a supplement - 991.2 GTS4 7MT Targa. My view is that model is the closest experience to a manual transmission version of the previous Turbo models, with the added top down fun of a Targa. That said, I posted my experiences driving a base 991.2 7MT in this forum a couple years ago (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1202...ispreloading=1) and I was so impressed by the base model that is reset my understanding of how capable the entrance model to this chassis really is and the tremendous value there is in it.

Seems like this brand is full of pointless models that have no appeal for you and, in your view, are a waste of time for the rest of us too. Come to think of it, maybe your base model is all wrong for you too? Have you considered trading your car for a Kia Soul?

Pb Pedis,
I'm shocked McLaren997 didn't even mention the Base 991 has a bit better gas mileage too ! lol
Old 07-11-2022, 07:42 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

I do not know the seller, but this may be a deal..
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...334403747/NONE
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0CD2A92FS178001/
Old 07-11-2022, 08:26 PM
McLaren997
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

OP, lots of great information in this thread and I see you've decided to pursue a GTS - great choice! I came very close to buying a 2nd Porsche as a supplement - 991.2 GTS4 7MT Targa. My view is that model is the closest experience to a manual transmission version of the previous Turbo models, with the added top down fun of a Targa. That said, I posted my experiences driving a base 991.2 7MT in this forum a couple years ago (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1202...ispreloading=1) and I was so impressed by the base model that is reset my understanding of how capable the entrance model to this chassis really is and the tremendous value there is in it.

As I said I love my base model and wouldn't trade it for any other, the turbos changed everything. You are an Ahole for the KIA comment.
The following 2 users liked this post by McLaren997:
Gary12000 (07-12-2022), Pb Pedis (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 08:31 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 515 Likes on 376 Posts

I've kept coming back to this 997 GTS over and over, mint example. Not a cab or Targa... sorry, but you just can't go wrong, and way under your budget!

https://www.udriveautomobiles.co/veh...33d8b176504259

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 07-12-2022, 09:16 PM
Josh(PA)
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 75 Posts

Best of luck with your search. I got mine right before the pandemic and it took me 3+ months to find one that checked my boxes.

My first / best recommendation is to add the Vin Analytics chrome extension to your browser:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...0Build%20Sheet.

This will allow you to pull up the build sheet straight from cargurus, autotrader, etc. It will decode the vin if it is listed in the for sale ad and provide the full list of options. Makes it far more easy to discern what the for sale ads leave out.

I got a convertible and love it. The top is actually a 3 pc magnesium folding hardtop under fabric, so when it is up it is very "coupe like". It also has the wind deflector for when you want to be "targa like". But top down sport exhaust is the best way to go.

stop by a dealership and sit in sport seats, 14 ways and 18 way seats. I highly prefer the 18 ways, but they don't fit everyone. Figure out if it matters to you, VIN analytics will list the seat the car came with.

If you're going with a manual, don't fret over Sport Chrono package... it doesn't do a whole lot on the .2 manual cars (dynamic engine mounts).

If interior niceness is important, check out the natural leather options of Espresso and Espresso / Cognac. The leather material is much nicer than standard and covers dash, a pillars, doors, etc. Be careful of non-leather doors as they have a tendancy to warp.

I have a bunch of reference guides from when I was shopping. If you want, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you what I have.

Good luck with the search.
Old 07-13-2022, 12:29 PM
TheVazha
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gary12000
Just a few small points, there is some solid advice previously mentioned, I just traded in my BMW M2C for a 2017 Base, you get a lot of car even in just the base, if i had the budget i would want a GTS also, if you want a car that is the most desirable to the enthusiast market that would be a manual transmission. in my case my wife does better with a PDK even though she can drive a manual. I chose to buy from a dealer to get a CPO.

I just decided what were my must have options which for me, was Sport Chrono, then i moved to wants, PSE( Sport Exhaust ) 20 inch rims in black, a color i could either live with or would actually enjoy (I got silver) then there is a list options that bring a little something, Sport Design body parts, usually this is the front bumper cover only, i didn't get that but I did get the Sport Design mirrors which i think are cool looking, I believe the GTS might get some of those options as Standard, i have also read that there are three sizes of Turbo rotors on the 3.0 base motor, Base, the S and GTS i have also read that the 3.0 motor has forged internals.

The reading and learning is half the fun ... but the driving yeah that's where the fun is.. and i don't mind when someone shouted to me from their car window yesterday " I love your Turbo " am i supposed to shout back?? "its only got the small Turbo's".... iv'e resigned myself to always saying "Thanks man"
Haha that’s funny man. I’ve been hearing so much about the base Carreras I have to drive one and decide, you’re spot on.

The GTS is an S model with a few more HP you don't need, some options you may or may not want, and center locking wheels which are silly. As I said before I got the base and would be OK with an S but wouldn't pay up for a GTS.
I hear you and I’m still new to all of this. The parts I do like about the GTS is that most of the “cool” stuff is included, and the Turbo and Turbo S wheels/brakes are cool too I think. I could do without all the alcantara. I like some of it, but I’ve seen examples where they just overdid it.

OP, lots of great information in this thread and I see you've decided to pursue a GTS - great choice! I came very close to buying a 2nd Porsche as a supplement - 991.2 GTS4 7MT Targa. My view is that model is the closest experience to a manual transmission version of the previous Turbo models, with the added top down fun of a Targa. That said, I posted my experiences driving a base 991.2 7MT in this forum a couple years ago (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1202...ispreloading=1) and I was so impressed by the base model that it reset my understanding of how capable the entrance model to this chassis really is and the tremendous value there is in it.

Awesome thank you for sharing! Will read through your thread. I’m considering a MT, or rather, it’s not off the table. Just not 100% on life with one. Have to deep dive and research some more.

Vazha
I currently have a 2013 CAB It's the Carrera 2 (rear wheel drive) S With nearly every option possible at a $ 138,300 MSRP. I absolutely love the naturally asperated motor and the noise it can make with Sports Exhaust open.
. If I ever replace it, I like the wide body of the 4S and GTS and would get a Targa, without a doubt. The classic look and rarity does it for me. I live in South Mississippi and I have owned a 911 Targa, 930 CAB, 997 CAB, 997 Turbo CAB and my current 991 CAB, so I guess I like the drop top.
However, I seldom lower the top much anymore. Maybe 10-15 percent of the time in the past several years.

But, it's your car. Get exactly what you want and don't worry about paying just a "little too" much.
I agree with you on the Targa looks, something really special about it.

Pb Pedis,
I'm shocked McLaren997 didn't even mention the Base 991 has a bit better gas mileage too ! lol
what do these things get for gas mileage anyway? Never occurred to ask, is it at least reasonable?

This looks good. Would you trade the tech/interior of the 2017 for a turbo 15? I’m having a tough time deciding!

As I said I love my base model and wouldn't trade it for any other, the turbos changed everything. You are an Ahole for the KIA comment.
Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
I've kept coming back to this 997 GTS over and over, mint example. Not a cab or Targa... sorry, but you just can't go wrong, and way under your budget!

https://www.udriveautomobiles.co/veh...33d8b176504259
Love it and yes below budget but I love the tech and new feel of the newer ones..

Originally Posted by Josh(PA)
Best of luck with your search. I got mine right before the pandemic and it took me 3+ months to find one that checked my boxes.

My first / best recommendation is to add the Vin Analytics chrome extension to your browser:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...0Build%20Sheet.

This will allow you to pull up the build sheet straight from cargurus, autotrader, etc. It will decode the vin if it is listed in the for sale ad and provide the full list of options. Makes it far more easy to discern what the for sale ads leave out.

I got a convertible and love it. The top is actually a 3 pc magnesium folding hardtop under fabric, so when it is up it is very "coupe like". It also has the wind deflector for when you want to be "targa like". But top down sport exhaust is the best way to go.

stop by a dealership and sit in sport seats, 14 ways and 18 way seats. I highly prefer the 18 ways, but they don't fit everyone. Figure out if it matters to you, VIN analytics will list the seat the car came with.

If you're going with a manual, don't fret over Sport Chrono package... it doesn't do a whole lot on the .2 manual cars (dynamic engine mounts).

If interior niceness is important, check out the natural leather options of Espresso and Espresso / Cognac. The leather material is much nicer than standard and covers dash, a pillars, doors, etc. Be careful of non-leather doors as they have a tendancy to warp.

I have a bunch of reference guides from when I was shopping. If you want, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you what I have.

Good luck with the search.
Thank you for the offer! I think you did the right thing and took your time. I’m planning to do the same. Spending this much money I want the right one!
Old 07-24-2022, 02:57 PM
wquiles
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
  1. Sport Chrono
  2. Lane Control (LCA)

The advice from Martin S. above has been AWESOME. If everything goes right for me - if everything goes according to plan, next Saturday morning I will be driving home a 2017 991.2 base Coupe, and it has been in GREAT part to the OUTSTANDING help/advice/guidance that Martin S. has shared here in this forum and also outside of the forum.

I can't say enough how impressed I am as to the knowledge and willingness to help that Martin S. brings to Rennlist and us who like/love Porsches. Thanks much Martin!

Assuming all works out, once I get home with my "new to me" 991.2, I will start a new thread with pictures, etc..

Will

Last edited by wquiles; 07-24-2022 at 04:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Help me buy a Porsche