Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cannot update VIN on brand new Lane Departure Warning camera?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2022 | 05:01 AM
martopoulos
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Default Cannot update VIN on brand new Lane Departure Warning camera?

As part of a PDLS+ retrofit, I added the windshield-mounted front camera used for the high beam assistant and LDW features. Unlike headlight modules, PIWIS III won't let me edit the VIN field for the camera, so the CAN bus won't communicate with it (I assume that's why it won't, anyway). I tried automatic/manual coding options, but the VIN remains unset. Does anyone have an idea what's going on here?

There must be a way, no? If I had the camera from the factory but it became damaged and unreadable, how could they add a new one? Local dealer here refused to touch it, naturally.

EDIT: Answering my own question: the coding function doesn't write the VIN. Instead, it's the calibration option under Maintenance/Repairs that does. This will likely only work with a brand new camera. Calibration is only possible with an expensive ADAS rig from Autel, Bosch, etc. Some well-equipped glass shops will have it and can calibrate the camera for you. Even without PIWIS, the third-party tools they use will write the VIN.

Last edited by martopoulos; 07-09-2022 at 06:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Cannot update VIN on brand new Lane Departure Warning camera?