Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soul Long Tube Headers with Softronic ECU Tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2022 | 10:13 PM
derstuttgartman
AutoX

Default Soul Long Tube Headers with Softronic ECU Tune

Hey everyone. Have a Targa 991.1. Looking to get the above setup. I know there are numerous threads of people with the Soul headers but does anyone have experience with the pair? Worth it? Or is one enough?

Thank you

Last edited by derstuttgartman; 05-27-2022 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2022 | 01:08 AM
PatrickBateman
Racer

3.4 or 3.8?
Old 05-28-2022 | 02:39 AM
derstuttgartman
AutoX

Originally Posted by PatrickBateman
3.4 or 3.8?
I have the 3.8
Old 05-28-2022 | 01:04 PM
Wolpertinger
Rennlist Member

I have the Soul long tube street headers with cats and the Softronic tune. Adding the headers definitely improved the sound, and the butt dyno noticed an improvement, most notably from mid range onwards. I added the tune a few month later, and again the butt dyno was happy. That's over $5K spent, so is it $5k worth of extra power? That'll be for each individual to decide, but I have no regrets and would do it again.
The following users liked this post:
Soul Performance (06-01-2022)
Old 05-28-2022 | 04:42 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

I have the fabspeed headers with the RR Racing tune, which should net similar gains. I bought the sport cat headers for 2k + 1k for the tune.

For 3k it was worth it to me, but 4-5k probably not.
Old 05-28-2022 | 07:09 PM
derstuttgartman
AutoX

Originally Posted by Wolpertinger
I have the Soul long tube street headers with cats and the Softronic tune. Adding the headers definitely improved the sound, and the butt dyno noticed an improvement, most notably from mid range onwards. I added the tune a few month later, and again the butt dyno was happy. That's over $5K spent, so is it $5k worth of extra power? That'll be for each individual to decide, but I have no regrets and would do it again.
Ok terrific. I think I'll plan to do the ECU Softronic in a few months then. Pulled the trigger on the Long Headers a few minutes ago. Fingers crossed! The car is already very invigorating, but a coule things I notice are 1: low end from 1-4k RPMs are a bit unimpressive (she screams beyond that), and 2: the power curve isn't as smooth as I'd have guessed. I'd imagine the extra weight of the Targa don't help those matters. That said I adore more Porsche. Great machine.
Old 06-01-2022 | 11:35 AM
RRRacing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by derstuttgartman
Ok terrific. I think I'll plan to do the ECU Softronic in a few months then. Pulled the trigger on the Long Headers a few minutes ago. Fingers crossed! The car is already very invigorating, but a coule things I notice are 1: low end from 1-4k RPMs are a bit unimpressive (she screams beyond that), and 2: the power curve isn't as smooth as I'd have guessed. I'd imagine the extra weight of the Targa don't help those matters. That said I adore more Porsche. Great machine.
Have a look at the dyno graphs for the RR Racing tune linked below. This car (Base 3.4) was able to pick up an astounding 50 lb-ft of tq around 4000-4500 rpm's. It may not be that high on the 3.8 but it will definitely clean up the uneventful low end and smooth out the curve of the 9A1 that you're experiencing. This was paired with Soul exhaust which is a great fit with our tune. We use it exclusively on all of our supercharged builds. PM me anytime with any questions.

​​​​​​https://www.rr-racing.com/Porsche-99...91ctune001.htm

-Justin
RR Sales

Online Store: www.RR-Racing.com
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Quick Reply: Soul Long Tube Headers with Softronic ECU Tune