Sponsored by:

Softronic tune 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 08:01 PM
Hemsporsche911
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Softronic tune 991.2

I have a base 991.2 that is a CPO and I am contemplating a stage 1 tune. I am leaning towards softronic, I like the ability to tune at home and return to stock if necessary. My only hesitation is that I don’t want to mess with my warranty. Anyone have experience with flashing back to stock before taking it in to the dealer? Anyone have any issues with warranty work being denied?
Old 04-30-2022, 08:05 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,240 Likes on 625 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemsporsche911
I have a base 991.2 that is a CPO and I am contemplating a stage 1 tune. I am leaning towards softronic, I like the ability to tune at home and return to stock if necessary. My only hesitation is that I don’t want to mess with my warranty. Anyone have experience with flashing back to stock before taking it in to the dealer? Anyone have any issues with warranty work being denied?
If you flash an ecu there is a memory function that allows the dealer to know this has been done, even if returned back to stock. Will you be denied a warranty claim if you tune? Maybe, maybe not. However, if you don’t tune you’ll never have a problem with warranty claims. If you’re worried about your warranty then don’t tune the car. You have to decide for yourself what level of risk you can tolerate.
The following users liked this post:
911T4ME (05-02-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 12:19 PM
Hemsporsche911
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MingusDew
If you flash an ecu there is a memory function that allows the dealer to know this has been done, even if returned back to stock. Will you be denied a warranty claim if you tune? Maybe, maybe not. However, if you don’t tune you’ll never have a problem with warranty claims. If you’re worried about your warranty then don’t tune the car. You have to decide for yourself what level of risk you can tolerate.
Thanks for the input, i'm still on the fence as to how much risk i can handle. Anyone with a tune who has direct experience with dealerships/warranty work?
Old 05-02-2022, 12:29 PM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 81 Posts

I have Softronic on my base 2017 , absolutely love it. As many other posts will attest/confirm, it wakes up the car, turns it into a beast! Easy to install and remove, customer service is excellent.
Per your question, I have brought the car in after removing and once without removing it. Never an issue, all warranty work. Hope this helps.

Last edited by The Ox; 05-02-2022 at 02:46 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by The Ox:
Hemsporsche911 (05-02-2022), Nixin (05-02-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 02:31 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 535 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemsporsche911
CPO it may be a little more tricky, but with top tier 3rd party providers like Fidelity or Freedom Warranty, it is more of a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. If you have any questions about tune friendly extended warranties I can be reached at (855) 924-1333 or tgibson@highline-autos.com

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 05-02-2022, 09:28 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 467 Likes on 317 Posts

There are plenty of threads on this subject. It really boils down to the dealer you use. Some are more liberal than others. Talk to your dealer service advisor.
The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (05-03-2022)

Quick Reply: Softronic tune 991.2