Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Android Auto for $130, OTTOCAST Wireless Android Auto Adapter U2-X

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2024, 08:44 PM
tiiger
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 70 Posts

Interested in one of these (for carplay, not android), as I'm thinking that a magsafe charger mount on the right side of the console might be more convenient/desirable than putting the phone under the armrest all the time. Half the time I leave the car, I forget my phone in there. (Although I do like that it's kinda stealth.)

I saw the pic of putting the ottocast unit between seat and console, but wondering if anyone tried to hide it under the console? Is there room under the panel of Auto Start/Stop & PSE, etc... buttons?

I suppose you have to snake the wire anyway, which isn't completely elegant, but just curious.
Old 07-16-2024, 11:17 PM
TimboCarrera
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I recommend not to bury it. It's not perfect and also you'll have situations where it needs to be unplugged . It fits nice between the passenger seat and center armrest area. Stays very cool and only moves if pax seat is adjusted .
Old 07-16-2024, 11:38 PM
tiiger
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboCarrera
I recommend not to bury it. It's not perfect and also you'll have situations where it needs to be unplugged . It fits nice between the passenger seat and center armrest area. Stays very cool and only moves if pax seat is adjusted .
yah, i just put it in the armrest cubby where the phone was.
The following users liked this post:
DarienA (07-17-2024)

Quick Reply: Adding Android Auto for $130, OTTOCAST Wireless Android Auto Adapter U2-X