Sponsored by:

WTB: 991.1 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 10:54 AM
Rudyr
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by dgoldenz
I like the black exterior trim and black CL wheels on the GTS. Hard to find that on a C2S or C4S. I also like the contrast stitching and finding an S/4S with that is very difficult. GTS also hold their value the best compared to the other trims.
All I'm saying is, look at some of your desired option list. My thought is that these are far more likely to be found in a C4S kitted out with a luxury / "fully loaded" intent than a GTS:
  • The more extended leather stuff the better
  • Burmester audio
  • 18-way seats
I'm sure there are GTS's with full leather interiors, but most I see are Alcantara, so I'm guessing full leather is more the exception vs. the rule. That's going to narrow your pool right there. Insisting on the GTS badge means 2015/16 only, versus X51 cars that were available in 2014 (maybe '13 as well?), again, narrowing the choices. With that in mind, you shouldn't be surprised if someone who does have a car with all those things prices it at $150k or whatever...they know they're sitting on someone's unicorn.
Old 07-01-2022, 11:25 AM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 404 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudyr
All I'm saying is, look at some of your desired option list. My thought is that these are far more likely to be found in a C4S kitted out with a luxury / "fully loaded" intent than a GTS:
  • The more extended leather stuff the better
  • Burmester audio
  • 18-way seats
I'm sure there are GTS's with full leather interiors, but most I see are Alcantara, so I'm guessing full leather is more the exception vs. the rule. That's going to narrow your pool right there. Insisting on the GTS badge means 2015/16 only, versus X51 cars that were available in 2014 (maybe '13 as well?), again, narrowing the choices. With that in mind, you shouldn't be surprised if someone who does have a car with all those things prices it at $150k or whatever...they know they're sitting on someone's unicorn.
The GTS interior package is full leather, I just meant I don't want the standard interior with plastic dashboard. A lot of GTS have 18-ways. Burmester is nice but not at the top of the list. $150k for a 991.1 GTS is absurd, the sticker prices were mostly in the $135-155k range and private party used ones are $100-120k. There's a pretty nice white convertible with 25k miles that has been for sale at $110k for a long time with no takers yet that appears to be in top condition. I know what the market is and it isn't $150k. I'd pay $5-10k extra for a car with the right options but I'm not paying $30-40k over market for that. The guy with the Carmine red unicorn posted in this thread said he's not interested in selling now, I asked.

Last edited by dgoldenz; 07-01-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Quick Reply: WTB: 991.1 GTS