Sponsored by:

Introduction: Fun in the Sun 911 Carrera Black Edition

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 05:34 PM
SignatureJames
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Introduction: Fun in the Sun 911 Carrera Black Edition

Pretty ecstatic that my wife waned to join the Porsche family. Her only requirements: Cabriolet & PDK and to our luck with current vehicle inventory, this one happened to show up at our local dealership.

I never knew of "Black Edition" trim as I saw the words on the door sills and googled it. The LED PDLS headlights was something I was thrilled about!

After about a month of driving it in factory spec, I wanted to bring the car up to 2022 status by adding the NM Automotive CarPlay retrofit. Then I decided to add on some bolt on performance to bring out more sportiness in the cabriolet platform

Since I would be the one driving it out on the weekends, I wanted to give some more sportiness into the driving experience but still had to make sure the modifications "daily drivable" compliant.

After hours of "search" on rennlist, I decided to improve the exhaust sound quality by adding the AWE Center Muffler Bypass. The install took about 2 hours + 3 glasses of tequila (with a friend) utilizing my 4 post lift. The instructions were dummy proof & the fitment was dead on at all the joints and clams. I loved the new throaty exhaust sound without crossing over into a "hot boy" obnoxiousness status. "Sport" mode really brings this vehicle to life through the rev!

I also decided to address the stance of the vehicle by adding a fully forged wheel & coilover sleeve kits. First, switched out the heavy OEM wheels to 20" Titan 7 T-S7 Iridium Silver matched with Yokohama Apex V601 245/305 tires. Ditching the OEM wheels w/ Pirelli tires, I felt an immediate improvement in acceleration & handling with the wider trak in the lower offset. Vehicle was lowered to a sportier "OEM +" height with the KW Height Adjustable Springs.

Enough typing, more pictures

Last edited by SignatureJames; 01-31-2022 at 05:36 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by SignatureJames:
991Targa4S (02-01-2022), desmotesta (02-02-2022), Gripster (02-02-2022), Sara/AWE (02-02-2022), T3X4S (02-02-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 05:37 PM
SignatureJames
Rennlist Member

AWE: center muffler bypass install

The following users liked this post:
Gripster (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 09:11 AM
Gripster
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 73 Posts

and this is your wife’s car….?

Very tastefully done. I’m not normally a fan of lowered cars but your seems spot on. Beautiful!
Old 02-02-2022, 10:21 AM
Sara/AWE
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Car looks great, glad you are loving that new exhaust note

Last edited by Sara/AWE; 02-02-2022 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:29 AM
Watson
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 236 Posts

Beautiful Black Edition 991 with nice rims, reminds me of BBS Motorsport.
Old 02-02-2022, 11:49 AM
Wolpertinger
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 270 Posts

Looks great! I just bought a set of the same wheels for the summer. I've got a black car too, so nice to see they look so great on the car.
Old 02-03-2022, 10:18 AM
fluid15

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Great choices, I can understand your thought process and like each of them! I assume you already had the PSE/button prior to exhaust? How would you describe the stock PSE on/off sound vs. the new upgrade? I also have PSE but looking for a bit more bite without crossing into 'obnoxious' zone (subjective) as you mentioned. I have a Soul Exhaust ready to install. I also note you enjoyed the install with a few glasses of Tequila Another Q: how did you arrive at selecting the NM Automotive CarPlay vs other's on the market, such as JoyeAuto?
Old 02-03-2022, 12:55 PM
SignatureJames
Rennlist Member

actually my vehicle was not equipped with PSE from the factory so the sport button is more for throttle rev/ hold. It just opened it up to get that deep throatier sound with about 15% overall noise increase and no additional droning unless I keep it in sport mode and hold the gear

I justified the extra price difference on the NM automotive based on service and reputation. Their instructions and support were top notch and when it comes to factory electronics, I didn't want to skimp over a few bucks.

the last thing I wanted was a half torn out center console and media, lag on tech support and a wife yelling at me that I ruined her car

Originally Posted by fluid15
Great choices, I can understand your thought process and like each of them! I assume you already had the PSE/button prior to exhaust? How would you describe the stock PSE on/off sound vs. the new upgrade? I also have PSE but looking for a bit more bite without crossing into 'obnoxious' zone (subjective) as you mentioned. I have a Soul Exhaust ready to install. I also note you enjoyed the install with a few glasses of Tequila Another Q: how did you arrive at selecting the NM Automotive CarPlay vs other's on the market, such as JoyeAuto?

Quick Reply: Introduction: Fun in the Sun 911 Carrera Black Edition