Sponsored by:

Squeak/Rattle from Rear-Passenger with TechArt lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 12:37 PM
Bryan K
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Squeak/Rattle from Rear-Passenger with TechArt lowering springs

I noticed recently that there was a rattling sound coming from the passenger-rear of my 991.1 C2S when going over bumps and cracks in the road. Of course no one else notices it, but it drives me nuts.
I've had TechArt Springs on since last summer but just started noticing the sound this past fall. The car has been in winter mode for a bit, but I tore all the interior-rear panels last night and had my friend sit in the back and hold everything, but the sound persisted (louder too with the insulation out of the over-engine area!).
It really does sound like loose plastic hitting sheet metal or something of the sort, but I'm unable to pin it in the back panels.

Just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue and if so, what suspension component I should be looking at. I pushed the car up-and-down a bit and the rear-passenger sounded a bit more "coarse" when rebounding than the driver side, but it's SUPER subtle and I feel like I'm trying to find a sound where maybe there isn't one.

My other suspicion is a loose bolt/plastic bit behind the panel that the rear speaker is in as that's where the sound is coming from it seems. Next step is to rip that all off.

Any insight helps, thanks Rennlist!

Last edited by Bryan K; 01-20-2022 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-20-2022, 12:46 PM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Received 638 Likes on 236 Posts

Have not had this issue with mine. If its in the interior just keep going until you locate it.
Old 01-20-2022, 02:09 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Check your rear sway bar ends.
Old 01-20-2022, 04:43 PM
Bryan K
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
Check your rear sway bar ends.
Should I just see if it's loose? I gotta source some ramps to get under there...
Old 01-20-2022, 06:21 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan K
Should I just see if it's loose? I gotta source some ramps to get under there...
I’m not sure they will appear loose. Took a few trips to the dealership before they finally diagnosed the problem on mine.

Here is a recent link proving it’s a thing. Mine is a 2014 and had approx 40k or so when the issue first started….was a small vibration to start, while going over bumps…. then over the next year, it got progressively louder and much more consistent.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1279...-4s-owner.html
Old 01-20-2022, 06:40 PM
Bryan K
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
I’m not sure they will appear loose. Took a few trips to the dealership before they finally diagnosed the problem on mine.

Here is a recent link proving it’s a thing. Mine is a 2014 and had approx 40k or so when the issue first started….was a small vibration to start, while going over bumps…. then over the next year, it got progressively louder and much more consistent.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1279...-4s-owner.html
Boom, thanks for the link. I'll give-er a look this weekend. Appreciate the help!

Quick Reply: Squeak/Rattle from Rear-Passenger with TechArt lowering springs