Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake tail lights not working on passenger and middle and spoiler. Led /backup down 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 12:39 AM
Bendusastre
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake tail lights not working on passenger and middle and spoiler. Led /backup down 2

It's so strange. Today I'm driving and get a code on the dash when I braked that my center brake light was not working. Eventually got a code that passenger side brake light wasn't working either.
When I reversed I got another code that passenger side backup light was not working.

So I got out the car and here's the tally.

Driver side. Everything works. Turn signal. Led positioning. Tail lights. Brake lights. Backup lights.
Passenger side. Only the turn signal works. The led. Tail lights. Brake lights and backup lights do not work.
Center brake light does not work.
The other center brake light under the spoiler when raised does not work either.

Any idea what this could be? It was raining today which doesn't happen too often in socal.
Maybe fuses? Haven't had a chance to look yet.
Old 01-16-2022, 12:43 AM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

Received 363 Likes on 224 Posts

Possible Rodent......
If it was raining you might have had a guest seeking shelter
Old 01-16-2022, 04:37 PM
Bendusastre
Cruisin'

It was indeed the fuse b4
Old 01-16-2022, 06:05 PM
PatrickBateman
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Bendusastre
It was indeed the fuse b4
Thanks for updating with resolution and fix!
Old 01-17-2022, 04:48 AM
Bendusastre
Cruisin'

Well I spoke too quick. So while the cause is my blow B4 (left footwell) fuse. And that changing it fixed the problem. It's blown a few times again today and it seems to be when I use the remote to lock/unlock the car. Anyone have any idea how to resolve this??
Old 01-17-2022, 10:31 PM
eroc0808
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Not sure if its the same as the 981 Boxter, but the alarm horn is to the right of the battery and if it is shorted it will blow fuse when using fob. Pull off your battery cover and unplug it, then see if fuse still blows when using fob.
Old 01-17-2022, 10:56 PM
Bendusastre
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by eroc0808
Not sure if its the same as the 981 Boxter, but the alarm horn is to the right of the battery and if it is shorted it will blow fuse when using fob. Pull off your battery cover and unplug it, then see if fuse still blows when using fob.
your car honks when you set the alarm? mine has only ever done an electronic beep beep
Old 01-20-2022, 07:31 PM
eroc0808
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

My car does electric tone as well. There isn't a specific keyless entry module just for keyless. If you can operate the doorlocks and all lights from the switches in the car without ever blowing the fuse, and the fuse blows every time you use the fob, the only thing that is different is the siren chirping. The siren signal comes from the rear control module that is under your driver seat on the lowest part of the floor under the carpet. That module also powers all the stuff that fails when the fuse fails. It is worth a shot to try disconnecting that siren as it is a 5 minute trouble shoot. Also the module sits so low on the floor that just because the carpet is not wet does not mean there is no water in your car. Usually you will not see wet carpet until you have 3" or so of water in the car for it to make it above the carpet because there is 3" of sponge foam between the metal floor and your carpet.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:30 PM
Bendusastre
Cruisin'

Thank you this is amazing insight! I'm going to try it this week end. Tonight prepping the car for chuckwalla raceway in socal.

Quick Reply: Brake tail lights not working on passenger and middle and spoiler. Led /backup down 2