Sponsored by:

Good Paint shop in Austin Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2022 | 04:38 PM
Sertico
Track Day

Default Good Paint shop in Austin Area

Hi There,

I need to have my new front splitter aerokit cup painted and I'm having a hard time finding someone in the Austin area I can trust and that can do a good job. Apparently Berli's doesn't take this kind of jobs anymore. I was on a call today with someone working there and he said that after bad experiences with previous job and client not happy about the final result, they are no longer painting upon customer's request. I find this crazy since they have a good reputation as a body shop. He also complained about ending up loosing money on paint jobs. I was shocked by the call I had with this employee. Definitely they don't do anything to get new clients.

Do you guys have any recommendations? Should I look elsewhere outside of Austin? Happy to get feedback from you.
Old 01-13-2022 | 05:04 PM
AlexZTuned
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sertico
Hi There,

I need to have my new front splitter aerokit cup painted and I'm having a hard time finding someone in the Austin area I can trust and that can do a good job. Apparently Berli's doesn't take this kind of jobs anymore. I was on a call today with someone working there and he said that after bad experiences with previous job and client not happy about the final result, they are no longer painting upon customer's request. I find this crazy since they have a good reputation as a body shop. He also complained about ending up loosing money on paint jobs. I was shocked by the call I had with this employee. Definitely they don't do anything to get new clients.

Do you guys have any recommendations? Should I look elsewhere outside of Austin? Happy to get feedback from you.
I have a 991.2 GTS front bumper in Austin I need painted as well 😂

I think you’re best bet is to go to a dealership approved repair center - they should be able to take care of you. I’ve used Continental Collision and they were fine on my last car.
Old 01-14-2022 | 01:02 AM
Sertico
Track Day

Originally Posted by AlexZTuned

I think you’re best bet is to go to a dealership approved repair center - they should be able to take care of you. I’ve used Continental Collision and they were fine on my last car.
I called Porche Austin and they suggested Berli’s. Not sure what it is going over there! I’ll call Berli’s another time maybe I’ll be talking to someone that has a brain!

So, nothing else in the Austin area? Should I look somewhere else, DFW or Houston?
Old 01-14-2022 | 05:31 PM
stellman
Rennlist Member

I've had a couple cars worked on at Autocraft Bodywerks at Stassney and 1st. They did a great job on my super-pearly Mazdaspeed Miata (complete door replacement) and a pearly white WRX. Never would have known they were done, even the extra orange-peel at the bottom of the Miata door was flawless.
Old 01-15-2022 | 12:12 PM
F900ex
8th Gear

I highly recommend Berli's! I've had touch work and repaint work done there on my 911. There not cheap but they do excellent work.
Randy
The following users liked this post:
AlexZTuned (01-15-2022)
Old 01-16-2022 | 01:47 PM
Sertico
Track Day

Originally Posted by F900ex
I highly recommend Berli's! I've had touch work and repaint work done there on my 911. There not cheap but they do excellent work.
Randy
From the call I had this past week with someone working at Berli’s they will not take work like this. Not sure why the person I was talking to was venting so much with me but apparently they are no longer taking paint matching jobs. Not sure what it means since they are a paint body shop…🤔
Old 01-16-2022 | 01:49 PM
Sertico
Track Day

I’ll be looking around some more and let you know what I end up choosing.Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 01-16-2022 | 02:16 PM
F900ex
8th Gear

From the call I had this past week with someone working at Berli’s they will not take work like this. Not sure why the person I was talking to was venting so much with me but apparently they are no longer taking paint matching jobs. Not sure what it means since they are a paint body shop…🤔
I'm surprised to hear that! In fact, I just got mine out of there shop about two month's ago for some very minor pitting on the lower front end and they repainted the whole thing. They have always been very courteous and helpful to me. As you mentioned, both GT International and Porsche Austin recommended them to me.
Old 01-16-2022 | 03:52 PM
Sertico
Track Day

Originally Posted by stellman
I've had a couple cars worked on at Autocraft Bodywerks at Stassney and 1st. They did a great job on my super-pearly Mazdaspeed Miata (complete door replacement) and a pearly white WRX. Never would have known they were done, even the extra orange-peel at the bottom of the Miata door was flawless.
Thanks Stellman! I’ll check this place out.
Old 01-17-2022 | 09:43 AM
ktnielsen
Rennlist Member

Caliber Collision on Metric is an authorized Porsche repair shop. My wife had her Macan repaired there with good results. Berli’s paint matched my GBM tow hook cap a couple of months ago and looked great. It’s a shame they’ve had there ***’s ripped by other Porsche owners they are the best in town.
Old 01-17-2022 | 03:06 PM
One N Done
Instructor

I used Berli's many years ago with great results - unfortunate if they aren't doing that work anymore. My daughters new Honda Sport Touring sonic grey pearl hood had to be fixed and sprayed after getting hit by a golf ball. Caliber Collision in RR did a good job with it. New paint so maybe easier to match, but a lot of pearl in it.

Good luck
Old 11-22-2022 | 06:21 PM
Kgn
2nd Gear

Hi There,

Did you have any luck finding a shop ?

Old 11-22-2022 | 07:51 PM
TimYH
Instructor

I asked the local PCA folks. They said the Caliber Collision on Metric Blvd has Porsche certified guys working there and have done tech sessions with PCA in the past. This apparently is where Porsche Austin also sends their stuff out to.
Old 11-22-2022 | 08:03 PM
Kgn
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by TimYH
I asked the local PCA folks. They said the Caliber Collision on Metric Blvd has Porsche certified guys working there and have done tech sessions with PCA in the past. This apparently is where Porsche Austin also sends their stuff out to.
hmm I actually spoke to metric blvd Caliber earlier this morning and they said they only take collision work now. Also called Berli’s and after much discussion among themselves , the guy came back and said , they can’t . He also mentioned hard to paint match custom parts and meet customer expectations. Looks like someone gave them a hard time on one job.

Old 12-03-2022 | 01:55 PM
Sertico
Track Day

Originally Posted by Kgn
Did you have any luck finding a shop ?
Hi sorry for my late response. No I have yet to find someone that can do this.
After a bit of search I kind of got tired…
I guess we will have to look outside of Austin. Does anyone have any recommendation?

Quick Reply: Good Paint shop in Austin Area