Sponsored by:

Purchase 991.1 Carrera 4S with 105 633 mi mileage

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2021 | 02:41 PM
james280
Instructor

Originally Posted by desmotesta
The most Expensive Porsche is a cheap Porsche
Yep, and if I'm getting your point, the reverse is true too - the cheapest 911 is the most expensive in the long run.
Old 11-17-2021 | 03:58 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
I currently have 128K and it's in ok to good condition. The car is far from perfect.

According to KBB it did go up 2K. Now it's at $42K
Don't go by KBB. They don't know anything. Instead, price out your car by what similar examples are selling for. According to KBB a 964 Porsche in Excellent condition is worth $25k
The following 3 users liked this post by JuanK20:
CSK 911 C4S (11-17-2021), jfischet (11-22-2021), PatrickBateman (11-21-2021)
Old 11-17-2021 | 05:19 PM
Exclusio
5th Gear

My messages are moderated, so they appear with a delay.
CSK 911 C4S: The new interior looks 3+ out of 5. New leather refreshes the interior but design...

Last edited by Exclusio; 11-19-2021 at 03:05 AM.
Old 11-21-2021 | 02:24 AM
PatrickBateman
Racer

Originally Posted by Exclusio
CSK 911 C4S: The new interior looks 3+ out of 5. New leather refreshes the interior but design...
post a photo
Old 11-21-2021 | 08:37 AM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure why that happens sometimes. All your messages have been approved; if you have any other issues please let the Community Team know but you should be good to go now.
The following users liked this post:
Exclusio (11-22-2021)
Old 11-21-2021 | 12:51 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

He drove on the track 5-6 times
Not an issue, the cars are quite literally designed for this. Consumables like oil, tires, brakes, and brake fluid are the only real concern here.

5 times drove at the drag races
As with above, a relative non-issue. I'd make sure the clutch and the synchros for second gear are okay.

He ran into a large stone on the road and broke the pallet of the transmission, which caused the expensive sensor to break. Replaced the transmission with the same only from a Turbo S with a mileage of 30,000 km / 18 641 mi.
This sounds like a win, honestly. I assume it's a manual, not a PDK, and if this replacement happened after the racing done above, then this is wonderful news.

Traveled off 50,000 km / 31 068 mi in 16 months. Almost all mileage on intercity roads.
Not an issue unless big numbers are scary. This will hurt resale because lots of people are scared of 6 digit odometer readings, so it's not a good candidate for flipping if that's what you're looking to do.

On the roads, the rear left lamp has taken off. The mount needs to be repaired.
This sucks but can be dealt with. Replace the lamp or repair the mount on the existing lamp.

The front bumper lip needs repair.
Depending on the damage, this is something like a $150 or $250 part from the dealer and it just snaps into place. If the bumper itself is damaged this can get into the $1200+ territory real quick.

He changed the interior from black to red-black and now the interior design is not original, the design is not for everybody.
You aren't everybody -- if you like it, that's all that matters. Unless you're trying to flip it, then this is probably a major negative.

He drives the car actively, does not hesitate to press the gas.
This isn't an intrinsically bad thing. Many would argue this is a good thing. I sure would, provided he isn't doing dumb stuff like stop light drag racing.

It sounds like this is a manual transmission car. I'd get a DME report and look at overrevs, just like you would with any manual 991. Given the drag racing and track days this becomes a little more important.

As with any manual transmission car, if the owner can't properly drive a manual (and let me be clear, this applies to almost everyone who drives a manual) you'll need to be wary of excessively worn synchros and clutch disc. Drag racing tends to be tough on second gear, especially if he's white-knuckle death grip shifting.

For me this would be a deal if it was the exact spec I wanted, but I'm not afraid to do some wrench turning to get it up to snuff.
Exclusio (11-22-2021)
Old 11-21-2021 | 06:09 PM
PatrickBateman
Racer

Originally Posted by asellus
Not an issue, the cars are quite literally designed for this. Consumables like oil, tires, brakes, and brake fluid are the only real concern here.

As with above, a relative non-issue. I'd make sure the clutch and the synchros for second gear are okay.

This sounds like a win, honestly. I assume it's a manual, not a PDK, and if this replacement happened after the racing done above, then this is wonderful news.

Not an issue unless big numbers are scary. This will hurt resale because lots of people are scared of 6 digit odometer readings, so it's not a good candidate for flipping if that's what you're looking to do.

This sucks but can be dealt with. Replace the lamp or repair the mount on the existing lamp.

Depending on the damage, this is something like a $150 or $250 part from the dealer and it just snaps into place. If the bumper itself is damaged this can get into the $1200+ territory real quick.

You aren't everybody -- if you like it, that's all that matters. Unless you're trying to flip it, then this is probably a major negative.

This isn't an intrinsically bad thing. Many would argue this is a good thing. I sure would, provided he isn't doing dumb stuff like stop light drag racing.

It sounds like this is a manual transmission car. I'd get a DME report and look at overrevs, just like you would with any manual 991. Given the drag racing and track days this becomes a little more important.

As with any manual transmission car, if the owner can't properly drive a manual (and let me be clear, this applies to almost everyone who drives a manual) you'll need to be wary of excessively worn synchros and clutch disc. Drag racing tends to be tough on second gear, especially if he's white-knuckle death grip shifting.

For me this would be a deal if it was the exact spec I wanted, but I'm not afraid to do some wrench turning to get it up to snuff.
Turbo S 991 never came in manual. This has to be a PDK car.
Old 11-21-2021 | 06:49 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PatrickBateman
Turbo S 991 never came in manual. This has to be a PDK car.
It’s not a Turbo… It’s 991.1 4S. Naturally Aspirated.
Old 11-21-2021 | 07:21 PM
PatrickBateman
Racer

Originally Posted by shammerman
It’s not a Turbo… It’s 991.1 4S. Naturally Aspirated.
Read the original post. The transmission was replaced from a turbo S unit.
Old 11-21-2021 | 09:51 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PatrickBateman
Read the original post. The transmission was replaced from a turbo S unit.
Yup -
Old 11-22-2021 | 03:44 AM
Exclusio
5th Gear

Hi guys, thanks for your advice!

I buy a car for myself, not for resale. But it may be that I want to sell it in one or two years.

I agreed with the service station and tomorrow technicians will check this car. If they say that the car is in good condition and there is no prospect of constantly repairing it, tomorrow I will buy it.

Last edited by Exclusio; 11-29-2021 at 01:42 AM.
JuanK20 (11-22-2021)
Old 11-26-2021 | 07:29 AM
CTDan
Rennlist Member

That looks like a very nice car.
i hope it works out for you, good luck.
Exclusio (11-29-2021)

Quick Reply: Purchase 991.1 Carrera 4S with 105 633 mi mileage