Sponsored by:

Auto advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 03:28 PM
The Boz Abides
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by drsubie
I won't necessarily disagree with you there...
Originally Posted by The Ox
Whenever I hear about anyone with multiple vehicles (I have a 2020 BMW X3 and 440i convertible) thinking of selling the 911, I say if you're thinking about selling it, then you don't love it, so sell it. Period. I've been offered stupid money for my 2017 991.2 base. Don't care , not selling it. If you have to ask, you've answered your question. Move on, a shrink would say you're looking for affirmation.
I'm in the same boat with a slightly different twist. I LOVE driving my Boxster and my 911, but what I really love is driving a convertible. To that end, I may end up selling both of my P-cars and replacing them with one convertible 911.
Decisions, decisions.
The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 05:50 PM
drsubie
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Boz Abides
I'm in the same boat with a slightly different twist. I LOVE driving my Boxster and my 911, but what I really love is driving a convertible. To that end, I may end up selling both of my P-cars and replacing them with one convertible 911.
Decisions, decisions.
Sounds like you have more 'fun vehicles' than me--with the exception of my 911, my other vehicles are for getting me from A to B in the best way possible (luxurious, safe, etc...).

For your situation, it certainly sounds like the way to go would be to trade in (i.e. 'consolidate') for 1 car, be it a 911 targa or convertible. In my opinion, the choice would be whether to go PDK or MT. But yeah, dealership just notified me it's a 1 yr wait on new 911 builds

Quick Reply: Auto advice needed