Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Dashboard Trim

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 11:37 PM
DanQ
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemsporsche911
I have this exact same question! Anyone know if/how the door trim can be removed? I haven't found a thread on this. I think it would look off if you got a trim kit but the door trim was still silver.
Yes, trim from leather door panel can be removed. I wrapped mine. I go into much detail in this thread. Send a message if you have questions.
DanQ interior upgrade project
Old 05-05-2022, 12:48 AM
Laszlo_Laz
Pro

Received 332 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by rugu6869
I bit the bullet and ordered the full CF from Suncoast. It looks fantastic and to your point, it does include the CF shift ****/boot.
I hated the glare from the shiny "aluminum" on the dash. I changed my steering wheel to black trim from a GT3 and now have done the CF for the rest of the trim. No more being blinded by the sun.

That being said, a wrap would be pretty easy to do and much cheaper. The trim is easily removable to wrap. Not sure what your exterior color is, you could possibly match the exterior.
I have the OEM carbon fiber and it’s quite beautiful. And I’m not even a CF kinda guy.

You definitely made a great choice.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:28 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Fake CF

I am totally lost. I have been riding high end CF bicycles for decades and understand the weight and strength advantages. Why put fake or for that matter any CF on the interior ? I mean if you don't like the color I get that paint it or buy real wood if you want the cigar smoker look.
The following users liked this post:
Schorsch (05-05-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 10:38 AM
WJGreer
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
I am totally lost. I have been riding high end CF bicycles for decades and understand the weight and strength advantages. Why put fake or for that matter any CF on the interior ? I mean if you don't like the color I get that paint it or buy real wood if you want the cigar smoker look.
Some people like the way carbon fiber looks as trim in cars. Based on its prevalence as an offering, I’d say lots of people do.

Is that confusing to you, or perhaps you just don’t like it yourself and you would prefer other people don’t like it either?
The following users liked this post:
tx-911 (05-05-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 10:51 AM
Laszlo_Laz
Pro

Received 332 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
It’s for looks and preference, but also if you have some CF on the outside of the car, having trim makes for a consistent aesthetic. My mirrors have CF, and when you see this and the interior there’s a good continuity. I’d personally feel it would look odd with the CF on mirrors or somewhere else on the car with a mismatched interior trim. It’s theme I suppose. Anyway… it’s up to the individual.

For the record, fake CF is awful. Porsches CF actually is a bit raw looking under the varnish, it looks the part. Real CF isn’t a flawless looking material. It has a lot of texture and edges that aren’t refined like fake CF.

Last edited by Laszlo_Laz; 05-05-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Dashboard Trim