Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone get Porsche extended warranty for a GTS cabrio?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 04:00 PM
DoubleDare
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone get Porsche extended warranty for a GTS cabrio?

I bought a Porsche extended warranty for my '18 GTS cabrio last week and just noticed that the contract lists the trim level as Carrera 4 GTS.

Mine's 2WD and a cabrio, so that looks wrong.

Concern is that someone tries to tell me down the road that I'm covered for 4WD, which I don't have, but not for convertible top mechanism, which I do have.

Can anyone with a GTS cab and the Porsche extended warranty confirm what your contract says for trim level?
Old 08-26-2021, 04:51 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,064 Likes on 976 Posts

shouldn't this question be for whoever sold you that warranty Last Week?
The following users liked this post:
jnx (08-31-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 04:57 PM
DoubleDare
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by desmotesta
shouldn't this question be for whoever sold you that warranty Last Week?
Of course, but I'd like to go into that discussion with some verifying information from my friends at Rennlist.
Old 08-26-2021, 04:58 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 1,031 Likes on 512 Posts

If you bought it from Porsche, just bring it to their attention and they should be able to correct or sort it out for you. If it's an after market warranty, be sure to get that corrected by whoever sold it to you.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:41 PM
Levy
Racer

Received 284 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
If you bought it from Porsche, just bring it to their attention and they should be able to correct or sort it out for you. If it's an after market warranty, be sure to get that corrected by whoever sold it to you.
+1

sounds like a vin coding error by the dealerships system......unless the vin was input incorrectly. either way, it should be an easy fix
Old 08-26-2021, 06:15 PM
DoubleDare
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Levy
+1

sounds like a vin coding error by the dealerships system......unless the vin was input incorrectly. either way, it should be an easy fix
I hope you're both correct and it's an easy fix. But my experience tells me it may not be.

And before I drive all the way over there (since that appears to be the only way to get anyone's attention), I'd like to know some information.

That information is (a) it's a computer miscode and they're all like that; or (b) other people who have this contract for this car have it listed correctly. And in case of (b), exactly what the listing says.

That's why I'm looking for someone who has the same contract for the same car. Should be easy to verify - it's near the top of the first page.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:11 PM
Southbranch
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by DoubleDare
I bought a Porsche extended warranty for my '18 GTS cabrio last week and just noticed that the contract lists the trim level as Carrera 4 GTS.

Mine's 2WD and a cabrio, so that looks wrong.

Concern is that someone tries to tell me down the road that I'm covered for 4WD, which I don't have, but not for convertible top mechanism, which I do have.

Can anyone with a GTS cab and the Porsche extended warranty confirm what your contract says for trim level?
I have a GTS coupe, not a cab, but my Porsche (Safe-Guard) extended warranty agreement form does not have a blank for "trim level". It only lists the make, model (911), year, VIN, mileage, purchase price, and original in-service date.

Last edited by Southbranch; 08-26-2021 at 07:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DoubleDare (08-26-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 07:29 PM
DoubleDare
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Southbranch
I have a GTS coupe, not a cab, but my Porsche (Safe-Guard) extended warranty agreement form does not have a blank for "trim level". It only lists the make, model (911), year, VIN, mileage, purchase price, and original in-service date.
Thank you Southbranch. . . good to know.

Quick Reply: Anyone get Porsche extended warranty for a GTS cabrio?