Sponsored by:

Tire Pressure Gauge Recos

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 12:45 PM
roadrat
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Gauge Recos

Any recommendations for a highly accurate tire pressure gauge?

Last edited by roadrat; 08-21-2021 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 02:26 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 537 Posts

Longacre makes lots of variation in various gauge sizes and various tip configurations.
The following users liked this post:
981KMAN (08-22-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 06:51 PM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

I've had a Longacre gauge for 15 years and it still calibrates on the nose. Plus it's huge so I can see the numbers with my 68 year old eyes!
The following users liked this post:
981KMAN (08-22-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 07:38 PM
Stanley Park
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrat
Any recommendations for a highly accurate tire pressure gauge?
The Intercomp gauge (see here) is advertised as being used by "top racing teams." Their website has a short video that shows you exactly what it looks like and how it is used. I've never raced anything but I have used their digital gauges on cars and aircraft for a few decades. The company offers a calibration service if you ever question the results. It is advertised as being accurate to 0.1% of the full scale reading.I bought one originally to settle a dispute about underinflated tires and now I don't use anything else. I really trust it but it's too big for the glove box. I treat mine gently and always am prepared to use two hands to operate it which is usually an inconvenience. So if you really mean "highly accurate" then I recommend their products from personal experience. Watch the video.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:52 PM
roadrat
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Stanley Park
The Intercomp gauge (see here) is advertised as being used by "top racing teams." Their website has a short video that shows you exactly what it looks like and how it is used. I've never raced anything but I have used their digital gauges on cars and aircraft for a few decades. The company offers a calibration service if you ever question the results. It is advertised as being accurate to 0.1% of the full scale reading.I bought one originally to settle a dispute about underinflated tires and now I don't use anything else. I really trust it but it's too big for the glove box. I treat mine gently and always am prepared to use two hands to operate it which is usually an inconvenience. So if you really mean "highly accurate" then I recommend their products from personal experience. Watch the video.
​​​​​Looks impressive and the price is not bad relative to Longacre stuff.

Loved the music in the video too. 🤣

Last edited by roadrat; 08-21-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 09:02 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 554 Likes on 335 Posts

I've had an Astro Pneumatic analog gauge for years, quite accurate and well made. My model is long gone but they have both analog digital models available.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Gauge Recos