You do know that clean cars are faster too
The following users liked this post:
asellus (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 09:19 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,181 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I mean if people believe that it works, what's the harm?

It certainly isn't harming the car.

It's sort of like that twitchy baseball player who, every time he's in the batter box, taps his helmet four times (2x on the bill and 2x on the dome), grabs his crotch, adjusts his belt, and spits two inches in the front of the plate, before he's ready to take the next pitch. Probably not going to help him biomechanically make contact with the ball, but heck, if he believes it helps, what's harm?
It's not harming the car, but that turning around in circles sure makes you dizzy!
Old 08-20-2021, 11:25 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
The car is a bit of a moron for a few miles, until it relearns parameters. But it is a very fast learner.
This genuinely made me laugh out loud!!
Old 08-22-2021, 12:22 AM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 453 Posts

Placebo is a very powerful effect, clinical trials are important to eliminate placebo induced changes.
Old 08-23-2021, 12:14 AM
amet
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ZerOG
I hope that people won’t take this seriously because you are completely mistaken. The DIY reset isn’t the same as a full calibration, it only resets the adaptive portion in the shift time algorithm. The rest values are generally more enjoyable and it would have been better if Porsche didn’t even make it adaptive.

i do mine twice a year and the difference is very noticeable.

I also have access to a PIWIS 3 and have done the full calibration. This one will often fail and (as per dealership procedure) requires about 500 ml (+/- 100 ml) of extra transmission fluid to pass. Some dealerships drain it out afterwards and some just let the system evacuate it.

Bottom line, if you tried the DIY reset and it want noticeable to YOU, it’s either you don’t notice it or there was an error in the procedure you followed.
would you mind sharing the procedure that shows it needs to be overfilled, thanks!

Quick Reply: Porsche 991 PDK factory reset