Sponsored by:

Question about Coming-Home-Feature

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 10:16 AM
Schorsch
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Question about Coming-Home-Feature

Hi given is a 991.1 2014 C2 without entry&drive. I do have to open&close the car with the key fob.

When I enter my illuminated garage and unlock the car, the front lower led headlights and the light in the back do illuminate to signal the car is unlocked. Which is fine to me.

Then I drive the 991 in the dark and park it in a not very well lit parking lot and go for a walk. When I return and unlock the car by pressing once on the unlock button on the key fob the car unlocks and the only thing that illuminates is the interior light, which is very weak.

I wonder what am I doing wrong? Why do the lower headlight LEDs and the backlight do not light up?
Am I missing something?
Is this regular behaviour?

Thanks in advance for any insights! Could not find anything in the manual (good to know) about the subject.
Old 08-13-2021, 01:31 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 848 Likes on 426 Posts

Your headlight switch needs to be set to "auto" to have the headlights come on when locking/unlocking in low lighting conditions.
The following users liked this post:
Schorsch (08-14-2021)
Old 08-23-2021, 08:02 AM
brakerlord
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty new to the Hue setup so I might be missing something but I've googled and reset my app and still no results. I am trying to turn on the Location Aware button so that the lights turn on when I get home/off when I leave. I turned it on, walked outside and nothing happened. I also tried it a separate time when I actually went out, came back home, and the lights didn't turn on. It seems that the Location Aware button won't stay on when Kodi nox I close the app. Is there a workaround or different way to try this? Thank you.

Quick Reply: Question about Coming-Home-Feature