Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy a 2015 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2021 | 01:00 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by torque124
The idiot who supposed to sell me the GTS announced just prior to getting the PPI done, that he sold to another buyer. I hate when people do that... I paid the PPI, I organized my money, which involves selling shares where I lost money.. Just hate unreliable people.

Going dealer now; damn it. I am also eyeing some Carrera T's ... I see there are great gains to be had with tunes, and it is the lightest Carrera on market today. I like lite.
Any bad/good about the T? I know it has 50HP less than the S, and it does not have wide body, but... for the same price or even less than a GTS it will be 2-3 years newer, maybe even warranty ?

Cheers all.
The Base and T models are very close with the T have some very tasty additions. The are VERY capable right out of the box and with the money saved getting the T over the GTS, you can make your changes/upgrades.
Also, go with a reputable dealer (either an actual Porsche dealer or very good used dealer). I spent two months working on a car with a dealer located in Chicago (I'm in PA) for nothing. There were some questions about the car that were a PITA to deal with and then they wouldn't give me actual documentation showing that it was okay. In the last hour (as in they FedEx'd the paperwork to me rather than having me look over the paperwork via email) there's an arbitration clause that was mandatory. I walked away immediately and found my car at Porsche of Irvine. Zero issues.
The following users liked this post:
desmotesta (07-23-2021)
Old 07-23-2021 | 01:02 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

The idiot who supposed to sell me the GTS announced just prior to getting the PPI done, that he sold to another buyer. I hate when people do that... I paid the PPI, I organized my money, which involves selling shares where I lost money.. Just hate unreliable people.

Going dealer now; damn it. I am also eyeing some Carrera T's ... I see there are great gains to be had with tunes, and it is the lightest Carrera on market today. I like lite.
Any bad/good about the T? I know it has 50HP less than the S, and it does not have wide body, but... for the same price or even less than a GTS it will be 2-3 years newer, maybe even warranty ?

Cheers all.

Warning: I say the below only to answer this specific question, not meant to start another combative debate.

Carrera T is lighter than others by mere 44 pounds, similar gains can be had by swapping over lith-ion battery and skipping the morning donut
It is less a matter of HP (less or gains) and more a matter of N/A engine Vs "turbo". If you were in the market for an N/A GTS then a T is a LOT different than just a different trim level with fewer ponies (and lots more Tq at low RPM), its an entirely different experience although the base/T models' are still closer o the spirit of 911 than the .2 S or GTS models (again, mentioning this because of where you started, '15 N/A GTS)
If warranty and newer/lower miles is a concern, surely the base .2 911 is the BEST car out there. weight difference is negligible, same engine and no price penalty that you will still pay for "T".

What makes "T" special (GT car options available on a base car is what makes T special) l is usually missing from many "T" cars that are available for sale.. "T"' equipped with sport-PASM, Carbon bucket seats, PCCB, PDCC, front axle lift, Rear wheel steering etc is surely an epic build and far better experience than even a generic "S", but most "T" cars arent equipped that way and those that are, rarely available for sale Or sell for ridiculous $$$$ (for good reason)

Again, not meant to offend any T or GTS or S or base owners, just my understanding and opinion.. Good luck with your hunt, I do not envy anyone looking for a car right now, record low inventory and record high prices.
rugu6869 (07-23-2021)
Old 07-23-2021 | 01:59 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Here's a newly listed T at a Porsche dealership (CPO).
It's pretty bare-bones in terms of options with only a $108K MSRP. They're asking $105K with 14k miles on it.
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AA2A99KS103998/
https://www.porschegrapevine.com/cer...e84191c563.htm
Old 07-23-2021 | 04:46 PM
SConn
Drifting

Cheers all.
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1260530

Just throwing this out here for you...
Old 07-23-2021 | 04:49 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C7toM2toGT4?
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1260530

Just throwing this out here for you...
Missing one pedal...
Old 07-23-2021 | 04:54 PM
SConn
Drifting

Originally Posted by rugu6869
Missing one pedal...
Ah.. Ya that's a biggie. Hadn't gone back to the beginning.
Old 07-23-2021 | 08:46 PM
torque124
Track Day

Originally Posted by rugu6869
Missing one pedal...
Yep, deal breaker .. and white, second deal breaker..
SConn (07-23-2021)
Old 07-23-2021 | 08:55 PM
torque124
Track Day

Originally Posted by DaveGee
You started this thread - now Porsches are beetles? What kind of troll are you?

DaveGee
sorry man, I didn't want to offend. I genuinely sold had money ready to buy that 2016 GTS, that serious to get one... I am not a troll
Don't forget that Ferdinand Porsche did design the Beetle.. OK, not the same Ferdinand Porsche that designed the 911 (and it was 12 years later, his name was Fedinand Butzi Porsche, his grandson ; read history if you don't believe me ).
So I always called it a "beetle" when I referred to my friends car, as a joke... He's no longer pissed off to hear , got used to it ..

BTW, I have been to the Porsche museum in Zuffenhausen, Germany. I was always impressed by the cars, although an M3 guy at heart ( and lately a Shelby aficionado too )

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a 2015 GTS