Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my antigravity - already installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 04:30 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Yes but one thing I never hear mentioned is how weight saving their is in T vs a similarly equipped S? That’s got to be more than the journalist who only for some reason compare it to a Base.

Old 07-24-2021, 05:04 PM
AlexZTuned
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 128 Posts

Worth every penny. Dollar for pound, this is the best and easiest bang for your buck in significant weight savings.

My OEM battery from my C4 - 52.2 lbs:

My AH40 Antigravity Battery - 13.2 lbs:

39 pounds reduced over the front axles of my AWD 991.2 C4. Absolutely worth every penny.
The following users liked this post:
desmotesta (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 07:46 PM
2fast2nick
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts

Which amp hours would you guys recommend for my 2012 997.2 Turbo?
Old 07-26-2021, 04:07 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,046 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast2nick
Which amp hours would you guys recommend for my 2012 997.2 Turbo?
Hi Nick, thanks for the interest in our products.

Ultimately the Amp Hour recommended depends on the use you intend.
For example
-Some are serious Track people and only use the car for that, the don't need as high of amp hours since they simply track the car and don't put extra accessories on it or drive on the road alot, and usually monitor or work on thier Cars much more often. So they don't mind a lower Amp hour battery since they can still get great starting but don't need the extra capacity and are concerned with weight mostly. 24Ah to 30Ah range is good.

Other folk will not drive the car often and store the Car longer periods of time in the garage, or perhaps they have extra accessories such as Aftermarket Theft Alarms, Cameras, Radar Detectors even Phone Charger and USB Chargers. These items can cause much higher levels of Parastic Drains on the Battery and not allow for as long of storage times. So in those cases a higher amp hour battery is better... Also if you drive in freezing weather during the winter also go UP in Amp Hours. So depending this can be the 60amp hour or 80 Amp hour ... but 80Ah would only be for some serious capacity if needed.

The Sweet spot and our #1 seller is the 40Amp Hour Models, this is great for the average regular street driver who drives once every few weeks and maybe has one Camera or radar detector and doesn't have a lot of Aftermarket accessories. The 40 amp hour model is sort of the best of all worlds and sweet spot for the average driver..... unless you driving in freezing weather often during the winter in which case you would want to go to the 60Amp Hour model.

If you have any other questions let us know.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:09 PM
2fast2nick
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Hi Nick, thanks for the interest in our products.

Ultimately the Amp Hour recommended depends on the use you intend.
For example
-Some are serious Track people and only use the car for that, the don't need as high of amp hours since they simply track the car and don't put extra accessories on it or drive on the road alot, and usually monitor or work on thier Cars much more often. So they don't mind a lower Amp hour battery since they can still get great starting but don't need the extra capacity and are concerned with weight mostly. 24Ah to 30Ah range is good.

Other folk will not drive the car often and store the Car longer periods of time in the garage, or perhaps they have extra accessories such as Aftermarket Theft Alarms, Cameras, Radar Detectors even Phone Charger and USB Chargers. These items can cause much higher levels of Parastic Drains on the Battery and not allow for as long of storage times. So in those cases a higher amp hour battery is better... Also if you drive in freezing weather during the winter also go UP in Amp Hours. So depending this can be the 60amp hour or 80 Amp hour ... but 80Ah would only be for some serious capacity if needed.

The Sweet spot and our #1 seller is the 40Amp Hour Models, this is great for the average regular street driver who drives once every few weeks and maybe has one Camera or radar detector and doesn't have a lot of Aftermarket accessories. The 40 amp hour model is sort of the best of all worlds and sweet spot for the average driver..... unless you driving in freezing weather often during the winter in which case you would want to go to the 60Amp Hour model.

If you have any other questions let us know.
Thanks!
Old 07-26-2021, 07:19 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 139 Posts

Yup. I went with the below:
AG-H6-40-RS Antigravity H6/Group-48 Lithium Car Battery
BC-CTK-US CTEK 12V Lithium US Smart Charger 4.3A
Seems good for a "driver".. Also top notch customer service.

I'm honestly surprised at the chatter that my "I'm happy" post generated on the tech itself. Don't get me wrong, some was interesting discussion on comparative merits, but some was rather biaised against the vendor or tech... and I'll gloss over the folks seriously questioning removing weight from the frunk as being a bad thing ??? (technically it's considered a "central" location since it's behind the front axle, lol). It's not like my old 1972 911 with 2 heavy batteries on the nose because Porsche could not figure out front end geometry in the late 60s ;-)

I'm in the camp of - "if you don't believe in it, don't buy it, but don't discredit the vendor or tech." Porsche sells the same tech for $$$$$ (minus the magic remote trick for dead battery) and if you wait for a sale AND have a dying battery that you were going to replace anyway for close to $300, it's not "that" expensive. I mean I've seen some of you spend 5x that on dash carbon fiber and I don't judge ;-)

So, ribbing aside, I've had mine for several weeks now, the starting charge is 13.2V generally - substantially better than my AGMs ever showed, no lights no warning, nothing. I've been busy and have not driven the car much so it sat a lot, I have not recharged it once, and again so far no issues or voltage drops - that goes against "Lithium ion batteries need to be on the charger a lot".

Finally, the car (base 2013 991.1) is now so light that it's faster than a GT3... and I actually pass them spinning backwards into turns because of the giant imbalance F/R from the weight savings. (obviously joking) ;-)

Last edited by Greg D.; 07-26-2021 at 07:29 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Greg D.:
Antigravity (07-28-2021), F1SML8R (07-26-2021)

Quick Reply: Got my antigravity - already installed