glorious goodwood track day

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 07:26 PM
taylora
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default glorious goodwood track day

hello.
I was lucky enough to get a day out at goodwood in my trusty old 991.1 manual c2s. its great to get out and stretch its legs on some smooth tarmac, even though its not a track special it feels like its made for these sort of places.

goodwood is a quick (for me) circuit with 140mph+ easily by the end of the long straight, a 120mph corner with undulations and not a lot of run off anywhere, that and the overnight rain making the grass like ice i was definitely trying to keep well inside the lines and enjoy myself.
anyhow lots of loverly flat 6 howling down the straights and the scenery whizzing past. i highly recommend it to anyone who gets the chance to visit or put a few laps in
think i did 6 or 7 sessions over the day, the car never missed a beat and behaved impeccably throughout. the pads took a bit of wear, but only to be expected.

managed to get a couple of crudely shot vids between the showers while sharing the track with some interesting extremes of british motoring.

cobra

lotus exige

project 8

a rolls Royce...

The following 3 users liked this post by taylora:
Dre01SS (06-30-2021), Rich_Jenkins (06-30-2021), usccharles (07-01-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 08:18 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 331 Likes on 190 Posts

Looks like fun.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:36 PM
Vinh Nguyen
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 96 Posts

jEALOUS
Old 06-30-2021, 09:27 PM
Zylinderkopfdichtung
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 191 Posts

That’s a bucket-list experience right there. Glad you’ve had it!
Old 06-30-2021, 11:26 PM
enzotcat
Pro

Received 383 Likes on 199 Posts

What’s the deal with insurance and tracking your car in the UK? My brother lives there and says that they will void your insurance if you mod your car, if you go to the track and other things like that. And yet people with high value cars seem to go to the track, so how do they achieve it? Just ignore the insurance thing?
Old 07-01-2021, 03:37 AM
taylora
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by enzotcat
What’s the deal with insurance and tracking your car in the UK? My brother lives there and says that they will void your insurance if you mod your car, if you go to the track and other things like that. And yet people with high value cars seem to go to the track, so how do they achieve it? Just ignore the insurance thing?
yup. super fun all round.
and yes your brothers right, any mods, any track and your standard insurance is not covered.
your options boil down to
- find an annual policy which will cover you for say 5-10 track days and any mods. very limited number of companies will do this, lots of legal terms, and lots and lots of $$$
- buy a 'per event' policy, plenty of firms who will sell you a one day policy, handy if only go 1-2 times a year.
- ignore it and hope no unscheduled visits occur to the armco parking.

i generally go for the middle option, but they are all expensive in their own way. nobody ever said it was a cheap day out.

The following users liked this post:
enzotcat (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 03:40 AM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 188 Posts

Bucket list!

Quick Reply: glorious goodwood track day