Sponsored by:

Best wax & polish

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2022, 05:24 AM
henjko
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car devices

i need this site where we can buy anything related to car device in very cheap price
Old 03-31-2022, 08:05 AM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Viper, you need a clean slate and restart from the beginning.

Get all the old wax off your car. Clay the paint. Paint correction. Then choose a high quality coating/sealant/wax product you like best (performance, gloss, longevity).
Exactly! Proper preparation is 9/10 of the process for detailing success.

Last edited by mc3456; 03-31-2022 at 08:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
desmotesta (03-31-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 02:54 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,243 Likes on 626 Posts

I’m a fan of this package:

https://www.autogeek.net/forfavkit.html

“The Forum Favorite Kit starts with a firm foundation of Klasse All In One and High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Then start layering on the shine with multiple coats of Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Paste Wax. The finish is incredible!”

It seems to hold up fine, but like others mention I’m of the mentality where I just enjoy cleaning/waxing every few months and I tend to give the car a misting with the quick detailer after a long drive. Since I mess with it so much I can’t really comment on longevity, but I’m sure it’s nothing like the ceramic coating that people love. I might try a ceramic coat after I do a paint correction down the road, but for now the paint has no scratches so no need for a correction, yet.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:01 PM
forbiddenbeat
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by MingusDew
I’m a fan of this package:

https://www.autogeek.net/forfavkit.html

“The Forum Favorite Kit starts with a firm foundation of Klasse All In One and High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Then start layering on the shine with multiple coats of Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Paste Wax. The finish is incredible!”

It seems to hold up fine, but like others mention I’m of the mentality where I just enjoy cleaning/waxing every few months and I tend to give the car a misting with the quick detailer after a long drive. Since I mess with it so much I can’t really comment on longevity, but I’m sure it’s nothing like the ceramic coating that people love. I might try a ceramic coat after I do a paint correction down the road, but for now the paint has no scratches so no need for a correction, yet.
The Klasse products are solid, but I've found they aren't really the most "modern" products anymore at all, and there are far better ones out there. I'm a big fan of Wolfgang sealants, and of course ceramic coatings are far more durable but frankly a PITA to apply properly (and you *can* mess them up).
McLaren997 (04-01-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 09:31 PM
Guards_Red_991
Burning Brakes

Received 551 Likes on 256 Posts

Zymol fan here.

No need to clay mate, use this instead: Zymol liquid clay. one million times easier than putty clay, same results without residual scratches.

This is what I feed my Guard's Red: Zymol Rouge I skip the glove and use my bare hand like a man, then I walk around with stained hands for a week to exercise dominance over other males.
Old 04-01-2022, 01:09 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts
Default PpF

The xpel PPF wax works the best so far that I have found. A product developed for water based paint probably won't do great on plastic.
Old 04-01-2022, 06:06 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,243 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by forbiddenbeat
The Klasse products are solid, but I've found they aren't really the most "modern" products anymore at all, and there are far better ones out there. I'm a big fan of Wolfgang sealants, and of course ceramic coatings are far more durable but frankly a PITA to apply properly (and you *can* mess them up).
The High Gloss Sealant wasn’t my favorite to apply/remove. The residue seemed to leave some streaks, but since I was following it up with the additional wax step I wasn’t too worried as that last step seemed to clear it all off. Now I just maintain with the wax detailing spray. I’ll likely use the sealant once or twice again this year and then try something else recommended here. I’ll look into the Wolfgang products, thanks!
Old 04-01-2022, 08:45 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,545 Likes on 959 Posts

Turtle hand wax. $4 a can. Karate Kid: “Wax on, Wax off!”
Old 04-01-2022, 09:02 PM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Received 572 Likes on 289 Posts

Autogeek.net is your friend. Amazing products, many reviews. Love Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Duragloss, Blackfire etc.. Too many amazing products to try. Cannot really go wrong with any of them. If you want easy, quick, try optimum opti-seal. Been using it for about 12 years. Can protect my car in 15 minutes, adds some pop to the paint and has some durability.
Old 04-01-2022, 10:11 PM
TimboCarrera
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Buddy has a f-250 and the truck looked perfect and wax held up for a very long time. He used the product on paint wheels tires and I used it on ppf. Best stuff I've tried so far. Drum roll. flame suit on. The product is
lemon pledge. Warning. 9 out of 10 Housewifes state it causes waxy buildup. Used on wood floors and you will bust your butt. Try one wheel before judgement.
Old 04-02-2022, 10:14 AM
jimmiejam
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by asellus
https://www.collinite.com/product/no-845-insulator-wax/

Apply very thin. Will haze in less than 15 minutes, buff off. Done. If you're getting a splotchy finish with it, you used too much and/or you didn't wipe it off.

The 845 is a boat wax. Short of going with a ceramic coat, this is one of the better waxes you can use. I used some on @Jon Beatty 's car... two years ago, now? Maybe three? Still on that same application today and he says it still beads up.
I have been using 845 IW since 1974. Yes, I said 1974. The stuff is bullet proof and has been around since the 30's.The product was originally developed for use in the electrical maintenance industry on porcelain insulators. Back then an "old timer" told me about it, now I'm the old timer, ha ha. The mistake that most make is putting it on like a "normal" liquid wax/polish. The key is: THIN, very THIN application to the point of thinking that you are not using any product). Actually, the 920 and 925 are the boat/marine/fiberglass products. You can use this stuff on any surface, FWIW.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:09 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,381 Likes on 509 Posts

Daily Driver - Ceramic Coat (High durability) with occasional Ceramic Spray Boosters every 3-6 months (Initial application steps can be time consuming) (Quartz/Gyeon etc)

Weekend Driver - Paint Sealant with a Wax Topper (Lower Durability), can be time consuming (Swissvax / Lusso Oro / P21 etc)

No affiliation but I generally use:

https://www.detailersdomain.com

https://adamspolishes.com

I enjoy detailing in the garage so I don't mind using the old school "Wax" on the Porsche or whatever I have that is an occasional driver. (Wax gives a great soft gloss that cannot be found with many ceramic coats)

I have applied wax by bare hand before, its pretty therapeutic, if you are into this stuff.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:15 PM
henkol
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i need this site where we can buy anything related to car device in very cheap price and get more info

Last edited by henkol; 04-03-2022 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:33 PM
991_T
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by fty
Daily Driver - Ceramic Coat (High durability) with occasional Ceramic Spray Boosters every 3-6 months (Initial application steps can be time consuming) (Quartz/Gyeon etc)

Weekend Driver - Paint Sealant with a Wax Topper (Lower Durability), can be time consuming (Swissvax / Lusso Oro / P21 etc)

No affiliation but I generally use:

https://www.detailersdomain.com

https://adamspolishes.com

I enjoy detailing in the garage so I don't mind using the old school "Wax" on the Porsche or whatever I have that is an occasional driver. (Wax gives a great soft gloss that cannot be found with many ceramic coats)

I have applied wax by bare hand before, its pretty therapeutic, if you are into this stuff.
Hahaha in your underwear with Classical Music playing in the background
Graufuchs (04-04-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 12:15 AM
NF4710
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 122 Posts

Lately I’ve been impressed with two 303 products: spray sealant and Graphene. The spray sealant is just so easy - spray on a wet car then hose off. It doesn’t provide much gloss but does give protection for up to 3 months in my experience. The Graphene definitely gives more gloss and supposedly even longer protection (still easy to apply).

As for the Klasse twins I find they still work well. The shine is better than any of the silicone oxide or Graphene products I’ve tried. That said it’s a lot more work to apply.

NF.

Quick Reply: Best wax & polish