Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few stereo & multi-function display questions (991.1)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 11:58 AM
Rudyr
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts
Default A few stereo & multi-function display questions (991.1)

I tried searching but didn't find answers. A few quirks that I haven't figured out:
  • I see pictures of people's MFDs that digitally display oil temp, etc. I can't seem to find how to enable that?
  • Similarly, I understand the MFD can display radio information, can't seem to enable that either.
  • Volume level? I don't see that anywhere on the radio display or the MFD when I turn the volume dials up or down.
  • Radio presets, is this limited to 6? Can't seem to see more than 1-6 on the screen.
  • GPS. I disabled auto-zoom because it would take me to a national map and then manually zoomed to a resolution I prefer. However, it seems to revert to auto-zoom; any way to disable this / is it related to the "key"?
  • Aux-in/Bluetooth, any way to make it discover my phone each time? My phone does automatically connect for other functions, but I don't see Aux-inBluetooth as an option when I select Media unless I go through the menus to enable it each time and connect to my phone.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Last edited by Rudyr; 05-14-2021 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-14-2021, 01:30 PM
pfan
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

MFD info can be found in the owner's manual, pg. 96.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:23 PM
JJL11762
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Scroll down the messages on this link: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...h-display.html
It will explain how to change the dash display to read voltage, coolant temp., oil temp., oil pressure, etc.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:25 AM
Rudyr
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by JJL11762
Scroll down the messages on this link: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...h-display.html
It will explain how to change the dash display to read voltage, coolant temp., oil temp., oil pressure, etc.
Thanks, I actually did customize that setting initially but didn't recall seeing the choices for oil temp, etc. Just got back in from trying it a 2nd time and found those settings when I scrolled UP. I also was able to add the radio function on the display as well.

The two things still pending:
  • How do you display volume level?
  • How do you lock the map resolution so it doesn't change? I tried it again and set the 3/key, so maybe this time it'll stick.

Last edited by Rudyr; 05-15-2021 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-15-2021, 04:16 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudyr
Thanks, I actually did customize that setting initially but didn't recall seeing the choices for oil temp, etc. Just got back in from trying it a 2nd time and found those settings when I scrolled UP. I also was able to add the radio function on the display as well.

The two things still pending:
  • How do you display volume level?
  • How do you lock the map resolution so it doesn't change? I tried it again and set the 3/key, so maybe this time it'll stick.
You can't have the volume level display anywhere as far as I know.
Old 05-15-2021, 07:46 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,163 Likes on 697 Posts

I think you can adjust the alerts and alarm warning volume to high, medium, low.

You can also adjust the telephone ring volume and I think GPS volume to a high of 8 or 10.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:00 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 554 Likes on 335 Posts

The volume can be displayed in the 991.2 on the PCM as a horizontal red ribbon bar.

991.1 owners have indicated that this is not available on their cars.

Quick Reply: A few stereo & multi-function display questions (991.1)