Sponsored by:

Canadian 911 purchase in the US

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 05:03 PM
typehxr1
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Canadian 911 purchase in the US

I am looking at a vehicle (2018 911 4S) that is CPO at a dealership in New York, but was originally shipped new to the Canadian market. It was a Porsche dealer to Porsche dealer transfer. The entire gauge cluster, sport chrono, etc were swapped out with US parts. I expressed concern with issues down the road, but was told that they (NY) wouldn't have taken it if they couldn't CPO and sell it stateside. This made me feel better, but what happens after CPO runs out and I try to sell or trade it in in the southern US? I don't want to have issues now or hit a wall in the future. Paranoid or legitimate concern?
Old 05-11-2021, 05:30 PM
Watson
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 236 Posts

I don’t see a big issue there. The odometer is digital so it should be just a different setting in the display menu to switch between mph (US) and km/h (Canada).
the speedometer must be changed or at least the gauge background modified to change from km/h to mph.
I don’t understand why the chrono sport gauge needs to be replaced as there is no indication of vehicle speed inside as I recall?

Canadian emissions / OBD regulations follow US ones so no issue here I guess.

the only thing I noticed is that some Canadian 991 sometimes did not have headlight washers : is that a mandatory equipment in the US? For some countries in Europe, you must have headlight washers if the vehicle is equipped with Xenon headlights.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:49 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 555 Likes on 335 Posts

Headlight washers are not mandatory in the US. In 50+ years, none of my US cars have had headlight washers.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:50 PM
typehxr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Watson
I don’t see a big issue there. The odometer is digital so it should be just a different setting in the display menu to switch between mph (US) and km/h (Canada).
the speedometer must be changed or at least the gauge background modified to change from km/h to mph.
I don’t understand why the chrono sport gauge needs to be replaced as there is no indication of vehicle speed inside as I recall?

Canadian emissions / OBD regulations follow US ones so no issue here I guess.

the only thing I noticed is that some Canadian 991 sometimes did not have headlight washers : is that a mandatory equipment in the US? For some countries in Europe, you must have headlight washers if the vehicle is equipped with Xenon headlights.
Headlight washers are definitely not mandatory here. I prefer the clean look without them anyway. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 05-11-2021, 05:53 PM
Shanh81
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

No issues at all. Mine is Canadian and was serviced by local dealers here for warranty work. Still drives like a Porsche
The following users liked this post:
typehxr1 (05-11-2021)
Old 05-11-2021, 09:34 PM
Wolpertinger
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 270 Posts

You may notice it may steer slightly more to the left than you're used to. ;-)
The following users liked this post:
jfischet (05-12-2021)
Old 05-11-2021, 10:52 PM
typehxr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Shanh81
No issues at all. Mine is Canadian and was serviced by local dealers here for warranty work. Still drives like a Porsche
This makes me feel better.

Originally Posted by Wolpertinger
You may notice it may steer slightly more to the left than you're used to. ;-)
LOL

Quick Reply: Canadian 911 purchase in the US