Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel shop damaged my bumper-seeking advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021 | 12:41 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by C7toM2toGT4?
Totally agree with you there. I guess if it was my car, seeing that damage, in those circumstances, I would wonder who mistook the gas pedal for the brake? 🤣
So, now we know where Tiger is working and doing his rehab.
The following users liked this post:
SConn (05-12-2021)
Old 05-12-2021 | 10:57 PM
Jasonchom3
AutoX

haha...Actually they did send that employee in for a drug test right after he crashed my car.
Maybe he was in reverse but thought he was in 1st gear. Or he just forgot how to drive a manual. Either way it was an idiotic move. Luckily they're handling it well and even paying for a rental car until it's repaired hopefully by next week.
The following users liked this post:
SConn (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021 | 12:05 AM
SConn
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jasonchom3
haha...Actually they did send that employee in for a drug test right after he crashed my car.
Maybe he was in reverse but thought he was in 1st gear. Or he just forgot how to drive a manual. Either way it was an idiotic move. Luckily they're handling it well and even paying for a rental car until it's repaired hopefully by next week.
Definitely stepping up! So nice to hear!
Old 05-13-2021 | 01:07 AM
wearegiant
Rennlist Member

I agree with the rest on the thread. They're stepping up.

My course of action would be get quotes from your (Porsche Certified) shop of choice, have the shop that damaged your vehicle cut you a check, and you handle the repair on your own. Don't bother asking for future work. I hate to say it, but why would you want to ask a shop that's not doing a good job on your wheels (peeling already) to potentially do more work after they damaged your bumper?

I'd also question how are they doing your calipers? Is it a full uninstall, sandblast and powder coat or they leaving it on the car and spraying them? -- Prep is everything for longevity, and that factory finish is hard and solid.

Wheels should of been powder coated IMO. There are some great shops in OC that can take care of you especially with finishes on wheels that do not peel. Good luck!

----------
https://www.instagram.com/derrick_taco991

Quick Reply: Wheel shop damaged my bumper-seeking advice