Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is Fabspeed quality for exhaust and tune?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 03:24 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,780 Likes on 5,141 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Lol some people are never satisfied..... Do you order a steak from a restaurant, eat nearly all of it, then send it back and expect a full refund?
I know you are trying to be facetious and perhaps even rhetorical, but being in the restaurant business, this is de rigueur in high-end steakhouses. If a customer complains, no matter how much of the steak has been eaten, it's taken back and replaced, no questions asked. It's just part of the business, like if you open up a bottle of wine, decant it, and the customer turns up a nose to it, you replace the bottle, no question asked, even if there is technically nothing wrong with the wine (i.e., it's not oxidized, etc.).
Old 04-30-2021, 03:38 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 300 Posts

Soul was literally born out of issues with Fabspeed.
Old 04-30-2021, 04:19 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,494 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by Guards_Red_991
Yes, that's exactly what I do. You know me so well.
Certain stereotypes are there for a reason...
Old 04-30-2021, 04:39 PM
pcaskey57
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

From personal experience with the Fabspeed Performance Package for my 2007 C2S I think the headers, intake are a work of art! I receive compliments aplenty whenever I open the hood or the car is up on a lift. Fabspeed worked directly with my Indy and everyone worked extremely well together and the end result was more than I expected.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:15 PM
AlexZTuned
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 127 Posts

I’ve only heard good things about Fabspeed. I have their X-Pipe on the way and picked up a set of THS (Brazilian/Sao Paulo made) bypass pipes which are like all other bypass pipes, but half the cost.

I’ll share pics and videos/sound clips with the Fabspeed x-pipe (non-pse) and bypass pipe combo when I install them in a few weeks. From the clips I’ve heard online, the Fabspeed had a beautiful high pitched tone to it.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:50 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

My wife has fabspeed on her Cayman R.... no issues.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:06 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,494 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I know you are trying to be facetious and perhaps even rhetorical, but being in the restaurant business, this is de rigueur in high-end steakhouses. If a customer complains, no matter how much of the steak has been eaten, it's taken back and replaced, no questions asked. It's just part of the business, like if you open up a bottle of wine, decant it, and the customer turns up a nose to it, you replace the bottle, no question asked, even if there is technically nothing wrong with the wine (i.e., it's not oxidized, etc.).
Sorry but I find this behavior distasteful. My wife and I go out to eat nearly every day. In the rare occasion I don't like something I'm not going to send it back (unless it is something completely messed up). "The customer is always right" is the biggest fallacy.... There are some customers you do not want....
The following 4 users liked this post by flsupraguy:
AlexZTuned (04-30-2021), edirtaynine (05-03-2021), k_h_d (05-01-2021), polobai (04-30-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 07:50 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 397 Likes on 229 Posts

I had them their headers and cat bypass a 993 and a GT3 no issues at all. Would love to buy the Soul tips (I have PSE) but would want them in chrome without the advertising.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:10 AM
AvgPorschefile
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Have Fabspeed X-Pipe, Max-Flo sides, and satin black tips... BEAUTIFUL and sounds GREAT! Snap Crackle Pop! Catted headers next!

Last edited by AvgPorschefile; 05-01-2021 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:41 AM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 457 Likes on 203 Posts

Visited Fabspeed with my PCA club a few years back. Heard nothing but good stories from fellow club members. The Fabspeed folks seemed knowledgeable and engaged.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:03 AM
k_h_d
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Sorry but I find this behavior distasteful. My wife and I go out to eat nearly every day. In the rare occasion I don't like something I'm not going to send it back (unless it is something completely messed up). "The customer is always right" is the biggest fallacy.... There are some customers you do not want....
I could not agree with this more. Obviously providing good service is always a businesses goal. But they have the right to choose just like the customer does. Why would they want to continue to do business with a butt head.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:47 PM
AvgPorschefile
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Not the prettiest??? Absolute work of art IMO... PERFORMANCE art to be exact!

Last edited by AvgPorschefile; 05-02-2021 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-02-2021, 01:16 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 589 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
I have the catless race headers from Fabspeed on my GT4 that I've run for about a year now. No issues at all and car sounds amazing while I retained the factory mufflers/valves. I have a different ECU tune and it worked fine with it. My mechanic even commented on the welds/quality of the race headers was great compared to some of the "cheaper" stuff he has had to install.
In my opinion, the ultimate setup is the Dundon setup. Their stuff is really motorsport grade though, so you pay for it. It's basically double the cost of Fabspeed.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:32 PM
ooahman
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 991.1 base cab.

Like you, I did a ton of research before I purchased my Fabspeed sports headers. I also decided to have them installed at Fabspeed.
This was over two years ago. My entire experience was excellent and I could not have been more pleased with the results.

As a matter of fact, I recently went to my very reputable Indy in Northern NJ wanting to add an X-pipe and asked him what product he would recommend , Soul or Fabspeed. He told me that both companies are very good to work with and provide excellent customer service and products. He has been working with both companies and it just depends what his customers are requesting.

Since I had been completely satisfied with the Fabspeed headers ,I went with the Valvetronic Center Muffler bypass X-Pipe from Fabspeed

Soul has an excellent reputation on the boards, I think you would be happy with either choice you make.

Last edited by ooahman; 05-02-2021 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:31 AM
fnckr
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by AvgPorschefile
Not the prettiest??? Absolute work of art IMO... PERFORMANCE art to be exact!
I’m biased, as I ultimately chose Soul, and even had my car displayed at their booth this weekend at Carlisle. I am not sponsored by them, or receive any compensation. PRIOR to my purchase, I noticed that the Fabspeed primary exhaust path routes through the mufflers and the secondary/branch is the valves open straight to the tips. This means that exhaust is always taking a complex route to exit. Both Soul and OEM PSE have primary route straight to the tips(inner) with open valves, and secondary/branch to the mufflers(outer tips).
The following users liked this post:
Soul Performance (05-03-2021)

Quick Reply: How is Fabspeed quality for exhaust and tune?