Sponsored by:

cup holders

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 08:47 PM
SConn
Drifting

Received 976 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by hcamp19
I bought this off of Amazon for $2.50 and mod'd it to fit. Because it's black, you really don't see it from outside the car and it can be easily accessed by either driver or passenger and will hold a water bottle with non tapered sides. The OEM holders are directly in front of the air vents so both block the air flow and amend the temperature of the drink receptacle. Oops, looks like it's time for another interior detail...
Exactly where I put my ultimate cup holder. I am short and can reach it just fine. But then again... Maybe it's because I'm short that I can reach it? Hmm....
Old 07-15-2022, 07:35 PM
dxbruxvoort
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Of course! I just want to take the cup holder out!
Old 07-15-2022, 07:49 PM
z168
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

I wish the factory cup holders had an option for a shelf slot instead. looks to be a perfect size for 000 magazin
Old 07-15-2022, 10:13 PM
911Raider
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Kaizen

I think I’m going with this on the 991.1
https://www.kaizenlighting.com/porsc...p-holder-.html
The following 2 users liked this post by 911Raider:
mhconley (12-16-2022), Pavegeno928 (07-16-2022)
Old 12-16-2022, 08:02 PM
Fonzienatic
1st Gear

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
I have 2 Ultimatecupholders for sale if anyone is interested. Shoot me a PM.
I know this is an old thread but do you still have the ultimate cup holders for sale? I’d love to buy. Thanks for letting me know!
Old 08-11-2023, 12:55 PM
amg5872
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jackporsche09
2018 991.2 has anyone had a problem with the cup holders staying in after pushing them back in thanks in advance for any info
I know this is an old thread but thought I'd add my experience to the collective knowledge. I recently acquired a 991.2 and on my first day driving it I opened the cupholders on the dash -- the main panel and both of the cupholders -- and when I tried to close them none of them would stay closed. I googled it and of course found many comments talking about how 991 cupholders are garbage and warning people not to use them. I felt pretty deflated about it. I then left the car with the seller for shipping and told him about my experience with the cupholders. He texted me later to say that he had simply pushed them back in and held them in for a second or two, and all panels went back in. He could be BSing me and simply finagled something to keep them closed, but I don't think so. He seems to be very upfront about things, I had already bought the car, it probably wouldn't be that easy to finagle something that quickly and the car only has 950 miles on it (1400 now that I've been driving for a week). So, it seems clear that the cupholders are garbage and should not be used, but I thought I'd add this experience to the board so others having trouble with the holders might play around with them more before accepting defeat. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2023, 02:06 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 291 Likes on 187 Posts

The stock driver's cupholder will also be dripping right onto AC controls...

That's why we designed ours to not do that. And also super securely hold 16+ oz tumblers!

Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

Old 08-12-2023, 02:29 AM
Speed2k
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 223 Posts

I’m not a fan of the stock cupholders either. I don’t like the fact that it sits above electronic switches. When my friend bought a used GT4, I mentioned this to him, we went to his car and could see coffee stain on the underside of the side trim piece.

I didn’t want my drink sitting on the floor either, like with the Ultimate Cupholder, so I made my own.

It’s a Fischer cup holder (also sold by Ultimate Cupholder, although I bought mine from Modifry).
Old 08-25-2023, 04:30 PM
it_manager
Rennlist Member

The question to members who have installed Kaizen centre console cup holder - will it keep secure Porsche travel mug, like this - https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...thmanscup.html ?
Old 08-25-2023, 04:54 PM
MPawelek
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by it_manager
The question to members who have installed Kaizen centre console cup holder - will it keep secure Porsche travel mug, like this - https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...thmanscup.html ?
I am curious as to any answers you get. I installed the center console cup holder last week and the 4 small covered hot/cold cups we had on hand here at the house were close but too large in diameter for the holder. All the ones I found on Amazon were too big also. Even those that are smaller at the bottom and only hold 10 ounces. The holder will hold a 12oz. bottle of water but not a 20 oz. bottle. The ID at the top is 2.75” but it appears to taper down a tiny bit to the bottom. I feel like I exchanged a square change holder for a round change holder….😎

P.S.- In a pinch one of these cheap cup holders works just fine if you don’t mind the holder near your knee on the floor at the transmission hump. One just needs to cut off a inch or so from the clip and slide the remaining clip into the seam on the lower side panel(s).
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by MPawelek; 08-25-2023 at 05:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
wkearney99 (10-17-2023)
Old 08-25-2023, 07:40 PM
jsurf44
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I still use the stock ones for everyday driving with an 18 oz coffee mug and have never had an issue I use a spill proof mug of course without it I agree they would be unusable because of location, I also use them for my water bottles its amusing seeing them take the turns with you such a Porsche concept. For those having issues with opening and closing them be sure to only push on the designated area as they are designed to work and also be sure all the hinges are clean with no previous gunk from someone using the wrong cup or travel mug like mine was. Or of course go a different route entirely I Like the clean the look, I also use the cutout between the backseats for bottled water if you face it the right direction it is a perfect fit.
Old 08-25-2023, 10:01 PM
dvalera001
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by it_manager
I have the Kaizen center cup holder and fits the Porsche Thermos perfectly. It fits snug and won’t tilt. But the thermos is kind of tall for the spot. I have the ultimate cup holder, so when I’m done drinking it goes down to the ultimate. I would actually prefer a similar mug just shorter.

Last edited by dvalera001; 08-25-2023 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-26-2023, 02:21 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,320 Likes on 613 Posts

5 years & 50,000+ miles in, I'm still very happy with the 991.2 cupholders.

In fairness, I don't use them every time I drive the car…only occasionally around town, and only regularly when on long trips. But, just as I feel 911 exterior door handles arguably peaked with the 991.2 (and 992.1 RS…), I think 911 cupholders arguably peaked (so far) with the 997/991 generations. They're intelligently engineered imo—placing one cup within easy reach of the driver and one within easy reach of the passenger. If it's cold out and you're enjoying a hot beverage, the passenger side central dash vent can be used to keep your drink hot. If it's hot out and you're enjoying a cold drink, the passenger side central dash vent can be used to keep your drink cold—and I've seen paper or plastic drive-thru cups keep their ice intact for long periods. The same is true for the passenger cupholder by that dash vent.

I have yet to have problems with drips onto/into the center console (maybe once or twice, and then mild?), and the cupholders have reliably held drinks of various sizes…though I know I can't buy a liter-sized "cup" of soda. And then they nearly disappear when not in use, with the only asterisks being mildly regrettable gaps in the dash trim on that side.

I can't believe I just typed all that about…cupholders. It really was funny when the Germans finally (and very begrudgingly) started engineering cupholders into cars. Some of the early ones were awful (e.g. early VW and Audi slide-outs that barely offered any lateral support, which were then slapped into a giant metal plate over the radio in some 986/996 cars) or ridiculously overdone (e.g. the robotic arm that rose and swiveled out of the center console in certain Mercedes of the 1990s).

I get that the cupholders in the 991 don't please some, and am all for whatever works better for them, but count me as one happy with the setup engineered in Weissach.
Old 08-28-2023, 05:10 PM
The Roon
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't care for the stock cup holders because they are too shallow for taller mugs/cups and will topple over easily.
So I did a search on Amazon to see what they had, and this is what I have now...works great for me. My ****zu is there for seat room reference, and my wife can still sit comfortably.
However, this is my daily driver to work, so I'm basically the only occupant in the car 95% of the time.
It slips between the passenger seat and console and can hold two cups, cell phone and some loose change.
It fits pretty snug and it has two hooks on it, so removing it will take some effort.
I'm very satisfied with this cup holder and feel I have solved my problem, hold is deep and there's inserts if you have a smaller diameter cup/mug.
Here's the link if anyone is interested, and you can read and look at what it really is, much better than my pic...and for $22 you can't go wrong. If it doesn't work, not a big loss!
WOW! Sorry for the Mega Pic!
Cup Holder Cup Holder
Old 02-07-2024, 11:49 PM
MaxBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Anyone tried a Kaizen cup holder with a MT? Work?

Quick Reply: cup holders