Sponsored by:

Good place to buy airbag?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2024, 02:59 PM
Sajan
Pro

Received 301 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by AP3X_FTW
Bumping this old thread as I am about to buy this GT Sport Alcantara steering wheel to update my 991.1 GTS, and I need to purchase the appropriate airbag as well. Looking to purchase the airbag from a legit source, as I'm not really interested in rolling the dice on an Ebay item.

Can anyone confirm with certainty that the most affordable new airbag that works for the .1 to .2 steering wheel conversion is from the Macan? There is a fairly thorough thread discussing the .1 to .2 steering wheel conversion, but I don't feel like there has been clear info surrounding the airbag (options and sources).

Part # 880-201-BD-5Q0

Sunset Porsche Parts: LINK $898.76
Suncoast Parts: LINK $895
OEM Parts Online: LINK $874.46

Most sites indicate that airbags are not eligible for return under any circumstance, so I really want to make sure I get this right.

Thanks all.
I was looking to do the same for a 981.
So the Macan is "leatherette".....i wonder if makes a big diff vs the leather one thats a few hundred more.
Old 07-08-2024, 06:54 PM
AP3X_FTW
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rosie39j
I’ve got one listed on here following my steering wheel swap, but it’s a 991.1 so not sure it would work for you.
Thanks, but my 991.1 GTS is already equipped with the same airbag which does not work for the steering wheel swap/upgrade.

Originally Posted by Sajan
I was looking to do the same for a 981.
So the Macan is "leatherette".....i wonder if makes a big diff vs the leather one thats a few hundred more.
Yea, not quite sure how far apart the leatherette version looks...

Quick Reply: Good place to buy airbag?