Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I messed up with Foxwell NT530. No PDLS. No auto-stop.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 05:49 PM
rubenhak
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I messed up with Foxwell NT530. No PDLS. No auto-stop.

Hey,
I was having issues with COVs. Got the cooling system error. To diagnose it first, got the FOXWELL NT-530 scanner and tried to use it. Cleared the faults. Then tried to operate the valve manually. I could hear the exhaust valve making sound when toggling the state (0% / 100%). I yet to diagnose it all the way. I had to pause yesterday and had to drive the car today. This is when things started to act weird. I've got the auto-stop feature warning, and also warning with the PDLS system. Definitely the result of my wrong doing with the programmer.

Did anyone have similar experience? How do i restore PDLS and auto-start?

Also, the cooling error didn't come back. But doesn't seem that PSE is working.

I'm doing oil change today (DIY). What's the procedure to indicate the service on FOXWELLs?

Thanks,
Ruben
Old 02-27-2021, 09:42 PM
Beezupra
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 163 Posts

I have a nearly the same "Schwaben" Foxwell NT-510. I'm not able to help with your PLDS/ auto start issues, but it must be just a matter of digging thru til you find the right screen.

With the software it came with a year ago, mine read "function not available" for oil and maintenance reset. With some help from support/email@China, I got the unit registered and programming updated yesterday. Now I can access the maintenance resets. Right after the first main screen "Porsche" option, it gives you an option (I recall) between Diagnostics and Hot Button (or Hot something). You pick the Hot then follow to options for Oil, Moderate, or major maintenance reset. worked great til I got hung up on the last step - it asks you to enter todays date , but no matter what format for date I tried, it rejected it as "entry illegal". I've sent another help request to see how to get thsi wrapped up.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:19 PM
rubenhak
Racer

Originally Posted by Beezupra
I have a nearly the same "Schwaben" Foxwell NT-510. I'm not able to help with your PLDS/ auto start issues, but it must be just a matter of digging thru til you find the right screen.

With the software it came with a year ago, mine read "function not available" for oil and maintenance reset. With some help from support/email@China, I got the unit registered and programming updated yesterday. Now I can access the maintenance resets. Right after the first main screen "Porsche" option, it gives you an option (I recall) between Diagnostics and Hot Button (or Hot something). You pick the Hot then follow to options for Oil, Moderate, or major maintenance reset. worked great til I got hung up on the last step - it asks you to enter todays date , but no matter what format for date I tried, it rejected it as "entry illegal". I've sent another help request to see how to get thsi wrapped up.
I've just did the oil change. Found that same menu. Same issue with date input. After several attempts found out that the tool doesn't "like" the 2021 date. Other days for 2020 are accepted. Will reach out for support.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:28 AM
toneedo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever resolve the issue about entering 2021 dates? I'm having the same issue with software dated 03/2021 (I think the version is 1.36 or something like that).
Old 08-01-2021, 05:29 AM
rubenhak
Racer

Originally Posted by toneedo
Did you ever resolve the issue about entering 2021 dates? I'm having the same issue with software dated 03/2021 (I think the version is 1.36 or something like that).
Yes, you need to register the foxwell device with your VIN. Reach out to customer support, they will help with that. After that it would accept proper dates.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:12 PM
Chuck245
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Did you figured out if the stop/start issue was indeed related to using the Foxwell NT530 and if yes, did you found a way to get this feature to work again? Asking because I had the start/stop feature also stopping to work around the time I used for the first time my new Foxwell NT 530 and I'm wondering if it's a coincidence or actually caused by the Foxwell. Thanks for any info.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:18 PM
rubenhak
Racer

Originally Posted by Chuck245
Did you figured out if the stop/start issue was indeed related to using the Foxwell NT530 and if yes, did you found a way to get this feature to work again? Asking because I had the start/stop feature also stopping to work around the time I used for the first time my new Foxwell NT 530 and I'm wondering if it's a coincidence or actually caused by the Foxwell. Thanks for any info.
Its hard to tell, but could be related. I played quite a lot with clearing error codes. Reregistering the battery fixed the start/stop functionality, it took a few miles drive for start/stop to function again.

Another thing that stopped working was park assist. Now I'm seeing an error related to parkassist communications, and that features looks as if not even installed on the vehicle. Not sure if its related or not.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:28 PM
Chuck245
Rennlist Member

Thanks Rubenhak. I also suspected that the Start/Stop issue on my car was related to the tool having issues with the battery information but as my battery is 7 years old, didn't want to re-register it. I plan to change the battery preventively soon and we will see if registering the new one addresses the Start/Stop. Not that I miss the functionality but there is no reason for it to do not work
Old 08-02-2021, 04:53 PM
rubenhak
Racer

Thanks Rubenhak. I also suspected that the Start/Stop issue on my car was related to the tool having issues with the battery information but as my battery is 7 years old, didn't want to re-register it. I plan to change the battery preventively soon and we will see if registering the new one addresses the Start/Stop. Not that I miss the functionality but there is no reason for it to do not work
Things that stop working tend to get missed
Old 08-02-2021, 08:25 PM
toneedo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rubenhak
Yes, you need to register the foxwell device with your VIN. Reach out to customer support, they will help with that. After that it would accept proper dates.
Thanks! I was actually able to update the software (the process wasn't intuitive at all and instructions are garbage). After the update, the date was accepted.
Old 08-03-2021, 12:49 PM
Chuck245
Rennlist Member

Can you please share the id/name of the latest version that you just downloaded? Thanks.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:44 PM
toneedo
Intermediate

Can you please share the id/name of the latest version that you just downloaded? Thanks.
There are 4 packages total to update:

1. PORSCHE v 1.36.001 (release date 3/17/2021)
2. OBDII v 1.21.006 (release date 4/14/2021)
3. HOME v 1.10.002 (release date 5/13/2021)
4. Common Text Library v 1.22.001 (release date 7/1/2021)
5. FoxAssist v 1.12.002 (release date 7/11/2021) this is the desktop software
Old 08-03-2021, 09:28 PM
Chuck245
Rennlist Member

Thanks!!! Looks like my tool is not up to date. Something to do this weekend...
Old 08-03-2021, 11:17 PM
toneedo
Intermediate

Thanks!!! Looks like my tool is not up to date. Something to do this weekend...
This is on a NT510 Elite by the way
Old 12-27-2021, 09:52 PM
IrishLegend
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

On my Foxwell it now says I can’t program things I’ve programmed just a few months ago.

I have already updated the software too.
???

Quick Reply: I messed up with Foxwell NT530. No PDLS. No auto-stop.