Sponsored by:

'17 CS2 settings help

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 09:25 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 803 Likes on 381 Posts
Default '17 CS2 settings help

Trying to set the individual mode on my car (sport Chrono) so that Individual always has sport exhaust on and auto-stop off. I can accomplish this without issue under "vehicle">"settings", but have not figured how to save the settings so that each time I use the rig they are saved. The individual key setting help in the manual only seems to address ergonomic settings (which I have successfully set and saved), but not the Individual mode. Is what I want to do possible and if so how? THANKS for the help in advance.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:15 PM
vanlieremead
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 212 Posts

Once you set your settings, try pressing save on the left side door and then press key. That locked them in for me. Maybe I was lucky. Do just one and see how it goes.
The following users liked this post:
PAPorscheGuy (02-02-2021)
Old 02-01-2021, 11:40 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vanlieremead
Once you set your settings, try pressing save on the left side door and then press key. That locked them in for me. Maybe I was lucky. Do just one and see how it goes.
Solved; I was setting the key with the door, but needed to press the key as well.

Thanks a bunch!
Old 02-01-2021, 11:55 PM
vanlieremead
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vicbastige
Solved; I was setting the key with the door, but needed to press the key as well.

Thanks a bunch!
cool beans!
Old 02-02-2021, 01:35 AM
NJ991
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 214 Posts

Thanks a bunch!
can explain exactly what you did here. Trying to do the same.
Old 02-02-2021, 02:24 AM
vanlieremead
Rennlist Member

Default Number or Key is the question

Originally Posted by NJ991
can explain exactly what you did here. Trying to do the same.
l’ll try. The OP was attempting to change a digital setting for his Porsche. He listed what that was in his original brief. After many hours of experimentation, I found that the number setting (1 or 2) sets some things, like seats and mirrors but not others such as displayed settings such as the 4 lines, header and footer. I’m speaking to the second display from the right. I found that one has to press “Set” and then “Key” to store those. So when you unlock the car with the key (that is important) the electronics (even the climate control it seems) follows that particular key. When you press Set then Key, a message pops on that display saying settings stored, more or less.

I’m not sure why the designers followed this logic. You figure everything would be set to 1 or 2 along with the key. Since the key plays such an integral function, the car only changes its settings when unlocked (I think - need to test.) So if the car is in the garage unlocked, it doesn’t change. My Subaru works sort of the same way.

I would have programmed the electronics to align as soon as the key is turned on and maybe it does. But the important thing here, and I believe the gist of your question, is that the settings are stored to the key identification.

Chris
NJ991 (02-02-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 02:50 AM
r00t61
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts

If you don't want to always manually save settings to your key when you change something, you should enable auto-memory:

NJ991 (02-02-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 02:54 AM
vanlieremead
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by r00t61
If you don't want to always manually save settings to your key when you change something, you should enable auto-memory:
Does that save the last value of all your settings? For example, the last AC temp? Strange place to put it if so, right under door locks.
Old 02-02-2021, 03:22 AM
r00t61
Pro

Does that save the last value of all your settings? For example, the last AC temp? Strange place to put it if so, right under door locks.
Yes, it does save things like your HVAC settings.

Yes, it is a strange place to put it, but then again, maybe it makes perfect sense in the german mind
Old 02-02-2021, 02:03 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

l’ll try. The OP was attempting to change a digital setting for his Porsche. He listed what that was in his original brief. After many hours of experimentation, I found that the number setting (1 or 2) sets some things, like seats and mirrors but not others such as displayed settings such as the 4 lines, header and footer. I’m speaking to the second display from the right. I found that one has to press “Set” and then “Key” to store those. So when you unlock the car with the key (that is important) the electronics (even the climate control it seems) follows that particular key. When you press Set then Key, a message pops on that display saying settings stored, more or less.

I’m not sure why the designers followed this logic. You figure everything would be set to 1 or 2 along with the key. Since the key plays such an integral function, the car only changes its settings when unlocked (I think - need to test.) So if the car is in the garage unlocked, it doesn’t change. My Subaru works sort of the same way.

I would have programmed the electronics to align as soon as the key is turned on and maybe it does. But the important thing here, and I believe the gist of your question, is that the settings are stored to the key identification.

Chris
This.
...and thanks rOOt61, I never would have figured your approach even after a decent search/review of the manual.
One other thing regarding the seat/steering wheel egos set to each key that I discovered. If you close the door, one must hold the key setting number while the Argos adjust. If you push the button while the door is still open, you need only push and release for all the settings to adjust which is much easier in my experience. Not sure why the door has to be open, but...
Old 02-02-2021, 02:14 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,320 Posts

Another example of how ridiculous the profiling is on Porsches. Everyone else seems to get it right, but Porsche has this insane idea that your settings should be situationally updated and bound to the specific key. Ugh!
Old 02-02-2021, 04:19 PM
NJ991
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 214 Posts

Nice. Thanks guys. The auto memory thing is nice to enable.
Old 02-02-2021, 05:09 PM
r00t61
Pro

This.
...and thanks rOOt61, I never would have figured your approach even after a decent search/review of the manual.
One other thing regarding the seat/steering wheel egos set to each key that I discovered. If you close the door, one must hold the key setting number while the Argos adjust. If you push the button while the door is still open, you need only push and release for all the settings to adjust which is much easier in my experience. Not sure why the door has to be open, but...
I think the system logic there, is:

A) if the door is open, you are probably stopped, so you want your ergos to adjust just by pressing a button
otherwise
B) if the door is closed, you might be moving, so you don't want to accidentally change your ergo settings at the touch of a button - which is why they force you to hold it down

THen again, the Germans invented mayonnaise, so who knows what they're really thinking
Old 02-02-2021, 08:22 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by r00t61
I think the system logic there, is:

A) if the door is open, you are probably stopped, so you want your ergos to adjust just by pressing a button
otherwise
B) if the door is closed, you might be moving, so you don't want to accidentally change your ergo settings at the touch of a button - which is why they force you to hold it down

THen again, the Germans invented mayonnaise, so who knows what they're really thinking
Probably correct, but why not let the transmission being engaged be the rate limiting factor like in every other car I have? What if it's raining? 1st world problems, but just weird to me.

Quick Reply: '17 CS2 settings help