Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a 991 where Porsche Financial holds the title

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 10:58 AM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 107 Posts

I have bought many cars with cash, many of them out of state and with this exact “issue”. I have never once had a problem. A lot of you guys are absolutely ridiculous. Stopping payment because of a paperwork error? I sell my cars on rennlist and some of you are going on my list
The following users liked this post:
RSBro (01-30-2021)
Old 01-30-2021, 11:05 AM
RSBro
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by A418t81
I have bought many cars with cash, many of them out of state and with this exact “issue”. I have never once had a problem. A lot of you guys are absolutely ridiculous. Stopping payment because of a paperwork error? I sell my cars on rennlist and some of you are going on my list

The following users liked this post:
smgkc (01-30-2021)
Old 01-30-2021, 11:58 AM
jfischet
Three Wheelin'

Received 619 Likes on 363 Posts

fyi, that was the condensed version. the paperwork we received was a title in someone else besides the dealers name, a california repossession form (it wasn't disclosed that the car was repossessed), and some other california specific form that supposedly tied the two together. the arizona DMV said none of this was going to work.

so we had a car that wasn't really ours and we couldn't register and you're darn right i called AmEx and held up the payment until it was corrected.

the purpose of telling the story was to give the original poster the idea of using his credit card company as the middle man in the transaction. i think there are also escrow companies that will assist with the transfer for a fee.

Last edited by jfischet; 01-30-2021 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:09 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,430 Likes on 907 Posts

Well,.....having bought many Porsches also..... I doubt I would buy any vehicle from you considering your lax attitude about the legal duties of a seller to immediately transfer a clear and unencumbered certificate of title to the vehicle at the time of sale. Just saying.........that attitude cuts both ways bro!
Old 01-31-2021, 10:46 AM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullyield
Well,.....having bought many Porsches also..... I doubt I would buy any vehicle from you considering your lax attitude about the legal duties of a seller to immediately transfer a clear and unencumbered certificate of title to the vehicle at the time of sale. Just saying.........that attitude cuts both ways bro!
Yes, very lax which is why I have successfully sold multiple vehicles on here without issue, and made a bunch of really awesome friends in the process. Don’t worry, you were already on the list (obviously, I’m joking)

Last edited by A418t81; 01-31-2021 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-31-2021, 05:13 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,430 Likes on 907 Posts

Yes, very lax which is why I have successfully sold multiple vehicles on here without issue, and made a bunch of really awesome friends in the process. Don’t worry, you were already on the list (obviously, I’m joking)
Good.Thank you. Because the best way to avoid these types of issues is to simply require seller to transfer car, keys and clear certificate of title at the same time as purchaser delivers full payment of the agreed price.........which is what the law requires of both parties BTW (absent a contrary agreement). No car and no clear title = no payment. Period. It protects both the buyer AND the seller. I have no reservations walking away from any seller who cannot meet those conditions. I am glad you can successfully sell cars to other more trusting purchasers without meeting those same conditions. Best wishes on your future sales.

Last edited by Fullyield; 01-31-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Buying a 991 where Porsche Financial holds the title