Music playback issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 01:15 AM
911.C4s
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Music playback issues

Hello,

Sometimes my iPhone does not play music and is not recognized in the Source section and other times it does work.

I’ve tried reconnecting and adding it as new device etc but it seems to just be the music function as the calls always work.

When I get out and walk away from the car and get back in, it then works so not sure what’s going on 😂.

Anyone had the same? Thanks!
Old 01-21-2021, 03:45 AM
Schorsch
Racer

Received 134 Likes on 73 Posts

Since you didn't give any info on your Phone - iOS what iPhone what iOS, Android - it is hard to help you troubleshoot. I would suggest to unpair the iPhone first. Restart the iPhone aka shutdown the phone and reboot it and then repair it again.
Pretty common is the instance that after first start of car it does connect very quick and then after a gas station stop you have to wait for quite some time to automatically reconnect. But it works flawless in 90% of the time. I do have the latest PCM 3.1 software in my Porsche 991.1 and latest iOS with iPhone 12 max pro. HTH
Old 01-21-2021, 01:06 PM
911.C4s
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Schorsch
Since you didn't give any info on your Phone - iOS what iPhone what iOS, Android - it is hard to help you troubleshoot. I would suggest to unpair the iPhone first. Restart the iPhone aka shutdown the phone and reboot it and then repair it again.
Pretty common is the instance that after first start of car it does connect very quick and then after a gas station stop you have to wait for quite some time to automatically reconnect. But it works flawless in 90% of the time. I do have the latest PCM 3.1 software in my Porsche 991.1 and latest iOS with iPhone 12 max pro. HTH
Many thanks for your response, it’s iPhone 11 pro max and latest iOS.

Howeve Porsche system defintly not the latest, maybe I need an update...

It just won’t play music sometimes even after a gas station stop so I’m guessing PCM update. I wonder if that is free at my local dealer? Probably not?
Old 01-22-2021, 02:56 AM
Schorsch
Racer

Received 134 Likes on 73 Posts

There is a lengthy thread about PCM Upgrade here on Rennlist:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8739...-update-5.html

Inside the thread should be a link to an ISO-image download of the latest PCM version.

Quick Reply: Music playback issues