Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Targa and Current 992 Targa Production.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 02:46 PM
Ccapx
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Interesting for sure. I looked at 992 Targa's, very tough given the chip shortages and production disruptions added with really big pricing increase I passed on new. I ended up buying Bob Z's above, for the money and all the effort he put in it, I thought it was great value vs. MSRP on a 992 for an evolutionary car, not a revolutionary car. Just IMHO I am seeing more Targa 991.2's pop up and really close to MSRP even with high miles, particularly 7spds. FWIW.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:04 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts
Default Remote does not operate the Targa roof?

Picked up my 2021 Targa 4 last Thursday. Very impressed overall. But to my surprise the dealer said the remote does not operate the Targa top. What? I swear the Youtube reviewers were operating the top with their remote.

also - on the power of the engine issue. I was worried it was going to be “too” slow. Turns out the car is in my own opinion faster than I will ever need on the way to lunch or going down the freeway at 75 miles per hour. If your not trying to set track times against other drivers - the base Targa 4 screams and scared the hell out of my wife without any problem. And my wife has her own Corvette 2017 Grand Sport - but the Vette feels oddly less crazed than the Targa 4. Mine has the chrono package and that 20 second countdown boost thing - and it is truly more than fast enough for my 70 year old needs. I am very pleased I opted for the base Targa and used the $17,000 to add lots of fun options - both the sport and the premium package and wood trim inside and leather all over the place and clear tail lights. Probably too much for resale — but that will be my wife and her new boyfriends problem.

I also kind of like that in 2019 - the last year the Targa was available - only 14 Targa 4’s were delivered in the entire U.S. and my sales guy says likely similar number for the 922 Targa 4.

I guess my original reason for the post was to ask if anyone with a 992 Targa find that the remote can operate the top?
Old 03-09-2021, 07:06 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
Picked up my 2021 Targa 4 last Thursday. Very impressed overall. But to my surprise the dealer said the remote does not operate the Targa top. What? I swear the Youtube reviewers were operating the top with their remote.

also - on the power of the engine issue. I was worried it was going to be “too” slow. Turns out the car is in my own opinion faster than I will ever need on the way to lunch or going down the freeway at 75 miles per hour. If your not trying to set track times against other drivers - the base Targa 4 screams and scared the hell out of my wife without any problem. And my wife has her own Corvette 2017 Grand Sport - but the Vette feels oddly less crazed than the Targa 4. Mine has the chrono package and that 20 second countdown boost thing - and it is truly more than fast enough for my 70 year old needs. I am very pleased I opted for the base Targa and used the $17,000 to add lots of fun options - both the sport and the premium package and wood trim inside and leather all over the place and clear tail lights. Probably too much for resale — but that will be my wife and her new boyfriends problem.

I also kind of like that in 2019 - the last year the Targa was available - only 14 Targa 4’s were delivered in the entire U.S. and my sales guy says likely similar number for the 922 Targa 4.

I guess my original reason for the post was to ask if anyone with a 992 Targa find that the remote can operate the top?
Correct, not in the US - you need to get the SmartTop Module.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:57 PM
goldduster
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow - I love my 2018 GTS Targa, but for MSRP I'd sell it!
Old 03-10-2021, 12:32 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I communicated with that company and the response was that they had not tested their module with the new 2021 992 Targa yet so they did not know if it would work or not.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:19 AM
gripshifter
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Love my manual Targa 4S - I'd say it's worth the wait for an order with the dealer if a Targa is what you really want.

Last edited by gripshifter; 03-10-2021 at 07:21 AM.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Targa and Current 992 Targa Production.