Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Kline Headers Installed - Installation Overview + Feedback + Exhaust Clips

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 11:39 AM
Emeka
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Dude your car sounds aggressive and mmm mmm sexy. What are the odds that your soul cats would fit my turbo S with stock muffler? Also, I notice you're from NJ. I plan on going to AIM for tune and exhaust work post warranty but now I know I can come to you as a plan B lol
Old 01-03-2021, 11:49 AM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Received 638 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Emeka
Dude your car sounds aggressive and mmm mmm sexy. What are the odds that your soul cats would fit my turbo S with stock muffler? Also, I notice you're from NJ. I plan on going to AIM for tune and exhaust work post warranty but now I know I can come to you as a plan B lol
Sorry different exhaust on the Turbo. Thank you though!
Old 01-03-2021, 01:59 PM
Got_Corners?
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by LWG
Not a dumb question at all!

The soul sport cat pipes are made for the Porsche Sport Exhaust system. They are not compatible in terms of fitment due to the design of the systems. So sadly I need to get a different set of cats but Im glad I got a chance to test this setup. Its very pure and raw!
ah, got it and good to know. I have a set inbound literally next week and didn't realize they'd preclude me upgrading the exhaust, if I chose to eventually.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:58 PM
marinb
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Got_Corners?
ah, got it and good to know. I have a set inbound literally next week and didn't realize they'd preclude me upgrading the exhaust, if I chose to eventually.
Well, it’s more like Kline uses a custom cat config with their exhaust, rather than sticking to the standard oem config.

So if you’re getting Soul, you’ll still have plenty of options. For example, you could get an Akra exhaust that would mate up fine.
The following users liked this post:
LWG (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 06:45 PM
Driven991
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts

One of the best threads I've seen on Rennlist. Thanks for sharing OP. Car sounds fantastic. Also love the bucket seats, you can see them in the reflection of the video while you're driving.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:01 AM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Driven991
One of the best threads I've seen on Rennlist. Thanks for sharing OP. Car sounds fantastic. Also love the bucket seats, you can see them in the reflection of the video while you're driving.
THANK YOU! I'm simply giving back to the community and also doing it for my own curiosity. When I was researching exhausts there was not too many consistent before and after data of headers, exhausts, etc.

The 997/991 carbon folding bucket seats are still my favorite modification to date.

The following 2 users liked this post by LWG:
Driven991 (01-04-2021), Jeahbladejeah (01-20-2021)
Old 01-04-2021, 11:48 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,386 Likes on 815 Posts

Sweet pics and right up Caesar!!! Happy New Year man!!

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 01-04-2021, 11:48 PM
Got_Corners?
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by marinb
Well, it’s more like Kline uses a custom cat config with their exhaust, rather than sticking to the standard oem config.

So if you’re getting Soul, you’ll still have plenty of options. For example, you could get an Akra exhaust that would mate up fine.
this makes me happy! Lol, thx!
Old 01-19-2021, 09:03 PM
miamimanny
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LWG
I saw your install and would like to do something similar. I just joined the forum and have no ability to message people. I would love to ask you some questions but, I think you need to message me first. Thanks, Manny
Old 01-19-2021, 11:40 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by miamimanny
LWG
I saw your install and would like to do something similar. I just joined the forum and have no ability to message people. I would love to ask you some questions but, I think you need to message me first. Thanks, Manny
If you're looking for install tips, Cyberbug made a great thread with tips in addition to the one basic666 made that LWG referenced.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1143...l#post15881400

Old 01-20-2021, 12:14 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 977 Likes on 365 Posts

Great post and nice comparison!

Really dumb question but what is the red light above the 5K on the tach?
Old 01-20-2021, 06:46 AM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Great post and nice comparison!

Really dumb question but what is the red light above the 5K on the tach?

Reflection of the go pro recording light

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2021, 06:50 AM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by miamimanny
LWG
I cant seem to message you either. Ask away though, happy to assist.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:46 AM
miamimanny
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LWG

please email me at miami305manny@gmail.com
Old 01-20-2021, 03:44 PM
markk222
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by LWG
Definitely lots of changes lately. Wanted to document all the sounds so I can make up my mind later on what was best, haha!

I picked up the used Kline Inconel Race Exhaust earlier in the week and put that on today. Install time was under 3 hours, and that was taking my time. Setup is very easy, and I was familiar with it since I did the Soul Sport Cat pipes earlier in the year. The Kline piece fits like a glove, and the exhaust is very high quality. I was not seeking the cat-less setup, but that's how they come unless you order it with 100 or 200 cell cats. The Soul Sport cat pipes use HJS 200 cell cats. No smells and great flow for example.

Huge smile on my face as soon as I started up the car with the full Kline system! Now while I am doing my best to document the changes, these videos don't fully pick up the amazing exhaust note this system offers. The tone has completely changed now.

My biggest gripe with the PSE was lack of any real volume, especially in the cabin. When I put the Soul Sport Cat Pipes on, MUCH better, It's basically how the car should have sounded from the factory. But still, each time I would start the car to go for a drive, I would open the exhaust valves up. With the valves closed, it just didnt produce any real volume.

Now with the full Kline system, the car sounds very mean with the valves closed. The valve does not need to be open. When it's open, all hell breaks loose, especially in Sport mode.

Downside? The smell from catless is what one would expect. It's not exactly sought after. I am hearing drone at about 2-3K rpm's when giving it throttle. Also not something I had with the previous sport cats on PSE. Finally, I got a CEL after about 30 miles.

Needless to say, I will find a set of the Kline 200 cats and swap them in. Should give it the true full experience I am seeking. I will upload the main post with more comparison videos when time allows.

https://youtu.be/f6y_DvbL7gE

Wow! That sounds sick, so much so that my wife will kill me when I do this mod. She already hates my solo performance exhaust on my v8 F150. lol Have you sold your sport cats yet? If not I'd be very interested in them, can't have too many hours on them. Also what length bolts did you use to replace the studs? Were they all the same? Great job on this post.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Kline Headers Installed - Installation Overview + Feedback + Exhaust Clips