Sponsored by:

Experience with solid LCA’s?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 05:55 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Experience with solid LCA’s?

Looking to potentially upgrade my 991.2 GTS’s LCA. I know most go for GT3 LCA just to get additional camber. I’m looking for that and better steering feel and response.

Anyone have experience with these on the street? Obviously the turn in is going to be great with additional negative camber but how’s the steering feel, feedback, etc? Is the NVH unbearable?

Looking into RSS unless others recommend another brand and why? I also understand and accept that these don’t last as long as the rubber oem’s.

Anyone have feedback on lowering/stiffer springs as well in conjunction?

The only other additional suspension mod I have is DSC V3.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:18 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 612 Posts

I swapped out my OEM bushings with monoballs, you def get more road feel and direct feel in steering and IMO better mid corner and hard cornering consitency, but you do get some more rattle noises here and there, but nothing crazy. I am running Elephant Racing lower control arm monoballs and love them
Old 12-11-2020, 06:21 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Joec500
I swapped out my OEM bushings with monoballs, you def get more road feel and direct feel in steering and IMO better mid corner and hard cornering consitency, but you do get some more rattle noises here and there, but nothing crazy. I am running Elephant Racing lower control arm monoballs and love them
Thanks for the feedback. Any particular reason you chose elephant over others? And how was the install? If you had a shop do it, how many hours charged?
Old 12-11-2020, 07:04 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Purekoryo
Thanks for the feedback. Any particular reason you chose elephant over others? And how was the install? If you had a shop do it, how many hours charged?
Elephant racing was local to me, and they did all the installs so it made it super easy. I don't recall the labor charge, as I did camber plates and alignment as well and it was all packaged together.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:28 PM
DOUGLAP1
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Looking to potentially upgrade my 991.2 GTS’s LCA. I know most go for GT3 LCA just to get additional camber. I’m looking for that and better steering feel and response.

Anyone have experience with these on the street? Obviously the turn in is going to be great with additional negative camber but how’s the steering feel, feedback, etc? Is the NVH unbearable?

Looking into RSS unless others recommend another brand and why? I also understand and accept that these don’t last as long as the rubber oem’s.

Anyone have feedback on lowering/stiffer springs as well in conjunction?

The only other additional suspension mod I have is DSC V3.

I have the RSS LCA's with the solid bearings on both the front and rear of my 986. This car is mostly used for autocross competition, but I still enjoy driving it on the street. The NVH isn't too bad to me, but my threshold for that is probably pretty high. My wife likes riding in the 991, but refuses to ride in the 986 anymore, so there's that...
Old 12-11-2020, 08:36 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

I can deal with the harshness and a little bit of vibration, but how’s the noise? Does everything rattle?

Originally Posted by DOUGLAP1
I have the RSS LCA's with the solid bearings on both the front and rear of my 986. This car is mostly used for autocross competition, but I still enjoy driving it on the street. The NVH isn't too bad to me, but my threshold for that is probably pretty high. My wife likes riding in the 991, but refuses to ride in the 986 anymore, so there's that...
Old 12-12-2020, 01:07 AM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

I can deal with the harshness and a little bit of vibration, but how’s the noise? Does everything rattle?
No
Old 12-12-2020, 03:01 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 594 Likes on 401 Posts

You should chat with 4 point 0.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1224...omparison.html
Old 12-12-2020, 10:46 AM
DOUGLAP1
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Joec500
No
Yeah, what he said.

Quick Reply: Experience with solid LCA’s?