Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Here are couple of more:
Attached Images     
Old 03-20-2021, 11:42 AM
pride355
Advanced

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
Did you feel the lower RPM gains? I didn’t necessarily feel anything up top, but coming out of slow corners, for sure.
Especially in higher gears (3rd & 4th) car’s pick up from 2000-2200 rpm is faster and throttle response is noticeable better.
The noise is much better, too. It has the same characteristics but deeper, more pronounced, noise has more volume. Also, on downshifts, it is louder.

This should be the best mod for our cars.
Old 03-20-2021, 12:14 PM
Jimmyk79
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 29 Posts

Similar experience here - went from PSE and stock headers to soul exhaust and fabspeed headers. Sound multiplied by 2.5, very audible drone, and sound was boomy. (However this may have been the older soul valved exhaust)

kept the fabspeed headers and put PSE back on - that is my perfect sweet spot.

Originally Posted by pride355
Especially in higher gears (3rd & 4th) car’s pick up from 2000-2200 rpm is faster and throttle response is noticeable better.
The noise is much better, too. It has the same characteristics but deeper, more pronounced, noise has more volume. Also, on downshifts, it is louder.

The following users liked this post:
pride355 (03-20-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 02:35 PM
uphoto
Pro

Received 317 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by pride355

where did you get the cats? Are they HJS?

Old 03-20-2021, 03:19 PM
pride355
Advanced

Originally Posted by uphoto
where did you get the cats? Are they HJS?
I bought them from FVD Brombacher Germany. They sell HJS 200cell cat core.

https://www.fvd.net/de-en/FVD1139992...cell-core.html
uphoto (03-20-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 03:21 PM
pride355
Advanced

Originally Posted by asellus
You can't have your cake and eat it, too. Any removal of existing equipment that isn't being replaced with like equipment will increase drone. Sport cats, cat deletes, headers, muffler bypass, etc. -- all will increase drone and volume to some extent.

You get power by removing restrictions in the exhaust. Without going into some crazy helmholtz setups, you can't remove restrictions without resulting in more volume and drone, among other potentially undesirable effects. It's just the nature of the beast.

Soul has videos of almost every exhaust configuration they offer available on their product pages, those do a pretty good job of letting you know what you're getting into!
Just changing the Oem cats with 200 cell cats doesn’t cause any drone, at all.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:24 PM
pride355
Advanced

Originally Posted by garfunkle
Sport headers with high flow cats do not have drone. My exhaust (iPE) has no drone and Soul customers testify to the same.

Headers/cats = HP
Exhaust = higher pitch/sound but no HP

High pitched exhaust options are iPE and Kreisseg
I second that.
Old 03-21-2021, 04:10 PM
nstar8
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

You can't have your cake and eat it, too. Any removal of existing equipment that isn't being replaced with like equipment will increase drone. Sport cats, cat deletes, headers, muffler bypass, etc. -- all will increase drone and volume to some extent.

You get power by removing restrictions in the exhaust. Without going into some crazy helmholtz setups, you can't remove restrictions without resulting in more volume and drone, among other potentially undesirable effects. It's just the nature of the beast.

Soul has videos of almost every exhaust configuration they offer available on their product pages, those do a pretty good job of letting you know what you're getting into!

I love when people just generalize information without providing facts to back the misinformation they are spewing. I have Soul long tube headers on my 2014 Carrera S, Porsche factory PSE, and a custom tune. I am glad to report accurately that I have made more horsepower (based on manufacturer specs and multiple dyno runs. first run resulted in around 350 HP), have removed restrictions (no cats), increased the volume of air...but have not...HAVE NOT experienced any amount of drone or any other undesirable affects. If memory serves me I put down about a final 367 HP to the wheels...Unfortunately I did not do any runs prior to the mods, but my research showed somewhere in the 10-20 HP is average gain on the N/A motor with these mods...closer to 20.
So, I have my cake and am eating it too...
The following 3 users liked this post by nstar8:
Momentum Worx (03-22-2021), pride355 (03-21-2021), Soul Performance (03-22-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 07:37 PM
hcamp19
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=AdamSanta85;17241265]Still very happy with them. Don't feel the need to reinstall my X pipe muffler for more sound, though I haven't listed it for sale yet. Happy with the volume from Headers + PSE. Definite seat of pants gain in power, especially down low.

I bought them used from RL marketplace for a hell of a lot less than they sell for at retail, but any quality catted header should perform about the same, so buy whatever you can get the best deal on.

Install was pretty simple, however on of my O2 sensors was seized in the OEM header so I had to replace it which added some extra hassle as the connector is.... no where near the headers and actually behind the tail light...

What I installed
https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-991...ers-2012-2016/[/QUOT

Sounds like you did it it yourself? If so, how long did it take?

Last edited by hcamp19; 03-21-2021 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-21-2021, 08:00 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,507 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by nstar8
I love when people just generalize information without providing facts to back the misinformation they are spewing. I have Soul long tube headers on my 2014 Carrera S, Porsche factory PSE, and a custom tune. I am glad to report accurately that I have made more horsepower (based on manufacturer specs and multiple dyno runs. first run resulted in around 350 HP), have removed restrictions (no cats), increased the volume of air...but have not...HAVE NOT experienced any amount of drone or any other undesirable affects. If memory serves me I put down about a final 367 HP to the wheels...Unfortunately I did not do any runs prior to the mods, but my research showed somewhere in the 10-20 HP is average gain on the N/A motor with these mods...closer to 20.
+1
Soul Performance (03-22-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 12:44 PM
Furrry
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nstar8
Do you have the race version or the version with high flow cats? I see the race versions widely available but worry about the smell and drone, I was catless on a previous car and it got very smelly at times.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:56 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,245 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by hcamp19
Sounds like you did it it yourself? If so, how long did it take?
The headers, maybe 3 hours themselves. I ran into an issue with one of my O2 sensors being seized in the OEM header, which required me to replace the sensor... the connector is behind the tail light... Also on the Fabspeed headers (not sure about the other brands) a couple of the bolts from header to engine are pretty difficult to reinstall due to the location of the head primaries. I had to use a combination of swivels to get them tight. Overall it really wasn't a bad job, had that one O2 sensor not given me trouble, I would say it was pretty easy.

To get under this car I just jack it up onto some ramps. Gives me plenty of room to get at exhaust, plugs, oil changes etc.

Last edited by AdamSanta85; 03-22-2021 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:57 PM
97supratt
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 182 Posts

Drone comes from the mufflers, not cats. Although the cats do reduce exhaust "noise" and increase back pressure.
Old 03-22-2021, 03:34 PM
nstar8
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Furrry
Do you have the race version or the version with high flow cats? I see the race versions widely available but worry about the smell and drone, I was catless on a previous car and it got very smelly at times.
I believe I have the race version. Zero...i mean Zero drone. I've multiple cars with custom exhausts and alot of them droned...This one, however, does not. It is really sweet music when the valves are open. Smell?...Yeah, you're not going to get around that. Now, having said that, if you have the windows up...no smell...if you drive around with the windows down, if the wind is right, you will smell the exhaust. Caught my attention at first, but hardly notice it now as it so so seldom observed.
Old 03-22-2021, 03:51 PM
hcamp19
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
The headers, maybe 3 hours themselves. I ran into an issue with one of my O2 sensors being seized in the OEM header, which required me to replace the sensor... the connector is behind the tail light... Also on the Fabspeed headers (not sure about the other brands) a couple of the bolts from header to engine are pretty difficult to reinstall due to the location of the head primaries. I had to use a combination of swivels to get them tight. Overall it really wasn't a bad job, had that one O2 sensor not given me trouble, I would say it was pretty easy.

To get under this car I just jack it up onto some ramps. Gives me plenty of room to get at exhaust, plugs, oil changes etc.

Thanks for the info, I just do this:

AdamSanta85 (03-22-2021)

Quick Reply: Sport Cats No drone 10-15 HP