Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1S Eibach lowering springs review / professional pics / WALLPAPER CONTENT INSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2024 | 02:15 PM
Leeadam
5th Gear

Originally Posted by dkfx
Yup, I did, and did some custom mapping. I've since sold the car, bought a 991.1 turbo, and did the same eibach springs and DSC controller to that
Hi great review. You say you have turbo s now. I am putting eibach springs on my 991.2 turbo s next week. Can I ask where was the c clip seated. Was it halfway. How much lower did you drop it on rear. One slot down or more. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2024 | 05:00 PM
dkfx
Advanced

Originally Posted by Leeadam
Hi great review. You say you have turbo s now. I am putting eibach springs on my 991.2 turbo s next week. Can I ask where was the c clip seated. Was it halfway. How much lower did you drop it on rear. One slot down or more. Thanks.
My turbo was on the 2nd lowest perch from the factory, and I lowered it to the bottom most perch. Hope this helps.

Last edited by dkfx; 06-24-2024 at 05:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CarreraFahrer (09-07-2024)
Old 06-24-2024 | 05:52 PM
Leeadam
5th Gear

My turbo was on the 2nd lowest perch from the factory, and I lowered it to the bottom most perch. Hope this helps.

Ah ok perfect so you only had to move it one click down. But that was enough to make difference. It looks good.
Old 06-24-2024 | 05:56 PM
Leeadam
5th Gear

So yours was on the red line factory and you moved to blue line yes
Old 09-05-2024 | 05:30 PM
LA964
Rennlist Member

I'm about ready to buy the Eibach kit for my 991.1....I was actually surprised to see how low it is in front given that the kit states in 0.8inch for front...this thread is 4-years old so wondering if anyone else install this kit later and see a higher front ride height.

BTW for OP...nice job all the way around....
Old 09-06-2024 | 12:47 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

I installed those on my 991.2. I'll likely pull them off; the ride is way too soft imo. It's a nice change around town on brick roads but on the highway the car "floats" and my Lexus has less "float". I run the suspension on sport on the highway or it drives me insane. The second big issue for me is that the car scrapes everywhere. Florida has a lot of deep transitions due to the monsoon rain we have here. I can angle into it but I'm concerned when my wife drives the car there's going to be a straight approach and it's going to damage the bumper. I wanted GTS height (17 C4S); this is much lower.

Summary: Looks great, far too low imo, and the car no longer feels like a German car.
Old 09-06-2024 | 01:17 PM
dkfx
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tpup
I installed those on my 991.2. I'll likely pull them off; the ride is way too soft imo. It's a nice change around town on brick roads but on the highway the car "floats" and my Lexus has less "float". I run the suspension on sport on the highway or it drives me insane. The second big issue for me is that the car scrapes everywhere. Florida has a lot of deep transitions due to the monsoon rain we have here. I can angle into it but I'm concerned when my wife drives the car there's going to be a straight approach and it's going to damage the bumper. I wanted GTS height (17 C4S); this is much lower.

Summary: Looks great, far too low imo, and the car no longer feels like a German car.
  • Did you get the car aligned afterward? That may be the reason the car floats on the highway. I've installed these on my 991.1S and 991.1 turbo and haven't experienced that feeling. I've tracked both cars and never had an issue.
  • For increased stiffness, you may want to check out a DSC controller - this made my car incredibly smoother but I can still push it on track. You can also tune the shocks to your desired level of stiffness and sensitivity. The eibach springs have a progressive rate of 22-32F and 46-70R where OEM is is 24 (base) 28 (pasm) 33 (pasm+) front and 48/62/108 rear...if your car had the pasm sport suspension already, then yeah i can see why you think it would feel softer... those cars are also 10mm lower already so would only have dropped you just by a hair (1/2" is 12.7mm and 3/4" is 19mm... so hypothetically would've dropped you somewhere around 2.7mm front and 9mm rear).
  • I agree the car is lower, but I'd disagree that a half inch in the front and 3/4" in the rear is far too low. Respectfully, everyone has their own taste, its your car, i hope you build it to the best of your enjoyment... and just like food something may be bland to me but spicy to you. To my knowledge Eibach has the 'least' amount of drop of all the springs out there. Sounds like coilovers are next on your list!
  • Did you measure/take photos before and after?

I'm copy pasting spring rates from my original post just in case you'd like to re-visit.

I will leave you with some final spring rates. Here is what I currently know about the 991.1 platform vs eibach vs a few others. After reviewing this data, this would make sense that my ride is very similar to what it was before, but bites a little better in the corners.
This is all sourced from different rennlist and 6so posts so don't shoot the messenger, just sharing what research i've found. All numbers are in n/mm. If you want to convert to lb/in multiple it by 5.71111111
  • Basic 991.1 Carrera Chassis: 24 / 48
    991.1 Carrera / Carrera S PASM Chassis: 28 / 62 (what I have)
    991.1 Carrera / Carrera S PASM Sport Chassis: 33 / 108 (this is the one that's 10mm lower from factory)
  • Eibach: Front is progressive 22-32 and rear is progressive 46-70
  • 991.1 GT3, 991.2 GT3, and 997 GT3-RS has rates of 45 and 120 * apparently there is some discussion on the .1 vs .2 rates as they moved to a progressive spring and lightened PASM load for .2 GT3, but for this post you get the idea
  • 991.2 GT3RS is 100 / 160
  • KW HAS: 44 / 100
  • Bilstein B16 Damptronic full coilovers: 50 / 110
  • Elephant Stage 1: 52 / 96
  • H&R VTF: ???
  • Techart: ???
Old 09-06-2024 | 01:21 PM
dkfx
Advanced

Originally Posted by LA964
I'm about ready to buy the Eibach kit for my 991.1....I was actually surprised to see how low it is in front given that the kit states in 0.8inch for front...this thread is 4-years old so wondering if anyone else install this kit later and see a higher front ride height.

BTW for OP...nice job all the way around....
OP here, thanks for the kind words

I installed them on my 991 turbo as well and the drop was similar.

CarreraFahrer (09-07-2024)
Old 09-06-2024 | 02:23 PM
Viper1000
Rennlist Member

This is exactly what I'm looking for "drop wise". It appears from the photo's that it only dropped maybe 1/2" front & back and it looks perfect!
Old 09-06-2024 | 03:19 PM
dkfx
Advanced

Originally Posted by Viper1000
This is exactly what I'm looking for "drop wise". It appears from the photo's that it only dropped maybe 1/2" front & back and it looks perfect!
I think they do a good job. I think my original post had it at .5" in the rear and .75" in the front. Kinda wish it was even and didn't have the rake it has but... beggars can't be choosers either. good luck!
Viper1000 (09-07-2024)
Old 09-06-2024 | 05:03 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Apologies to the OP; not trying to hijack the thread. I'll move this to another place if this goes further.

• Did you get the car aligned afterward? That may be the reason the car floats on the highway. I've installed these on my 991.1S and 991.1 turbo and haven't experienced that feeling. I've tracked both cars and never had an issue. Yes, at a race shop. I'll ask them to check it.
  • For increased stiffness, you may want to check out a DSC controller - this made my car incredibly smoother but I can still push it on track. You can also tune the shocks to your desired level of stiffness and sensitivity. The eibach springs have a progressive rate of 22-32F and 46-70R where OEM is is 24 (base) 28 (pasm) 33 (pasm+) front and 48/62/108 rear...if your car had the pasm sport suspension already, then yeah i can see why you think it would feel softer... those cars are also 10mm lower already so would only have dropped you just by a hair (1/2" is 12.7mm and 3/4" is 19mm... so hypothetically would've dropped you somewhere around 2.7mm front and 9mm rear). I agree, I think I'll go back to no DSC and feel the difference and then re-evaluate.
  • I agree the car is lower, but I'd disagree that a half inch in the front and 3/4" in the rear is far too low. Respectfully, everyone has their own taste, it's your car, i hope you build it to the best of your enjoyment... and just like food something may be bland to me but spicy to you. To my knowledge Eibach has the 'least' amount of drop of all the springs out there. Sounds like coilovers are next on your list! Love spicy. I'll have the shop check, they did say the scraping might be the brake air flaps. I keep meaning to look when it's on the lift but forget. I wanted GTS height which I recall is 10mm lower than a PASM S and if it is 1/2 inch that's 13mm. Should be good. Maybe I'm just overthinking the scraping...
  • Did you measure/take photos before and after? Here's the closest I have. Not quite the same angle.

Before

Before

After

After
Old 09-06-2024 | 05:04 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

I think they do a good job. I think my original post had it at .5" in the rear and .75" in the front. Kinda wish it was even and didn't have the rake it has but... beggars can't be choosers either. good luck!
Your cars look fantastic!!
dkfx (09-06-2024)
Old 09-07-2024 | 08:36 AM
Clubber
Racer

I've been using my Eibach springs for a bit more than 20.000km's now in all types of conditions and they are superb.

Quick Reply: 991.1S Eibach lowering springs review / professional pics / WALLPAPER CONTENT INSIDE