991.1 Overvoltage 15.3v

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 06:56 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Perusing old pics and stumbled across this, reminded me of this thread. 30C ambient, 14.8 reading on the MFD. I also have apparently weird HVAC crap going on, and my comfort entry fails to adjust the seat all the way forward where it's supposed to be after I start the car maybe a third of the time.

Worth noting the dealer had flatlined the battery for around a week prior to selling it to me. I've done far, far worse to AGMs before without much of an issue.

Old 11-22-2020, 07:23 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 684 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by asellus
Perusing old pics and stumbled across this, reminded me of this thread. 30C ambient, 14.8 reading on the MFD.
I'll have to check the charge voltage next summer when it is hot. I'm curious now.

Ideally, you want a Temperature Sensor at the battery negative post feeding back to the Voltage Regulator. The same goes for voltage control. You would want a sense line at the battery going back to the VR as well with the proper algorithm or one that is switchable if you are using FLA, AGM, etc.

I remember testing battery chargers in the lab and let me tell you, the companies promise you the world. Most of the ones used here are built to a price point (Porsche aka CTEK and similar). Nothing special but better than letting the battery deplete. The best battery charger that I tested by far was a Xantrex TrueCharge 2 typically used in RVs and boats.

Quick Reply: 991.1 Overvoltage 15.3v